• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    You would be hard pressed to find a Prosecutor in the majority of Indiana counties to want to go forward with any charges. Prosecutors Discretion isn’t always a bad thing. They do weigh if the person was saving life or limb when they might have violated something.

I think you're making a blanket statement, which are rarely correct. It also seems you have a lot of faith in politicians.

Having said that, I hope you're right.

I'm advising to prepare for the worse case scenario. Any situation better than that is just a pleasant surprise.

Those types of politicians (prosecutors) also weigh they're conviction rate, ability to claim they prosecute gun violence, and sound bites available for commercials.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I think you're making a blanket statement, which are rarely correct. It also seems you have a lot of faith in politicians.

Having said that, I hope you're right.

I'm advising to prepare for the worse case scenario. Any situation better than that is just a pleasant surprise.

Those types of politicians (prosecutors) also weigh their conviction rate, ability to claim they prosecute gun violence, and sound bites available for commercials.
    I never said one wouldn’t need a Lawyer as even a clean shoot you need one for the media circus alone. I am however basing my statement on a 33 year career of military municipal and Federal LE experience. If you acted to save life and limb that’s a majors factor.

Where one would have an issue is in more liberal areas of the state. (think Soros cash behind those Prosecutors which are more of an item in larger metro areas in LA,NY etc

I even have even seen a Prosecutor bot charge someone for murder when the subject was fleeing because they weighed the mitigating factors.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    With all the hypothetical injustice in this thread, what exactly are you imagining you're being arrested/prosecuted *for*?

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I never said one wouldn’t need a Lawyer as even a clean shoot you need one for the media circus alone. I am however basing my statement on a 33 year career of military municipal and Federal LE experience. If you acted to save life and limb that’s a majors factor.

Where one would have an issue is in more liberal areas of the state. (think Soros cash behind those Prosecutors which are more of an item in larger metro areas in LA,NY etc

I even have even seen a Prosecutor bot charge someone for murder when the subject was fleeing because they weighed the mitigating factors.

I don't think a lawyer was ever brought up. There's no disagreement that the totality of circumstances "should" be weighed.

The issue is having to much faith in a politician. You can have 300 years experience doing anything. It doesn't change the fact that the prosecutor in Indiana is a politician.

Better to expect the best and prepare for the worst.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't think a lawyer was ever brought up. There's no disagreement that the totality of circumstances "should" be weighed.

The issue is having to much faith in a politician. You can have 300 years experience doing anything. It doesn't change the fact that the prosecutor in Indiana is a politician.

Better to expect the best and prepare for the worst.
    Respectfully Have you ever been in a Criminal court? Or had to provide a statement as the subject of a Federal or Criminal inquiry after having Miranda Rights read? A lot of folks have not and while well intentioned are only sharing an opinion of what have read or watched on YouTube.

Some folks on INGO like BBI Denny Myself and many others,
    Have been and are simply relaying Our Experience. While anyone could catch a Prosecutor like the Rittenhouse case As they don’t need beyond a reasonable doubt to charge you just to win. In a simple scenario like the Poster initially said about anywhere in Indiana the person would not face any criminal or civil issues.

J Galt

Expert
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Mar 21, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Respectfully Have you ever been in a Criminal court? Or had to provide a statement as the subject of a Federal or Criminal inquiry after having Miranda Rights read? A lot of folks have not and while well intentioned are only sharing an opinion of what have read or watched on YouTube.

Some folks on INGO like BBI Denny Myself and many others,
    Have been and are simply relaying Our Experience. While anyone could catch a Prosecutor like the Rittenhouse case As they don’t need beyond a reasonable doubt to charge you just to win. In a simple scenario like the Poster initially said about anywhere in Indiana the person would not face any criminal or civil issues.

It is irrelevant if I have or have not. The experience of one single person, even over 800 years, is too small a sample size, out of date (now versus decades ago), and too limited, in terms or number of venues, to be comparable to what things have changed into today. This applies to any one person, not meaning you specifically.

Having said that, I have been deposed and appeared in criminal trials more than once. None of them with me as the defendant.

There are 2 points I'm making that have nothing to do with anyone's experience.

1. Blanket statements are rarely correct.
    2. Better to prepare for the worst (being arrested for doing the right thing) and hope for the best.

Your point about the Rittenhouse prosecutor actually, like you said, is a good example.

We're arguing apples and softballs. [They're both round things, but not really comparable.]

No offense, I'm going to leave this alone now. We are not talking about quite the same thing and just repeating ourselves.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Comparing Rittenhouse to "someone was armed, in their car at a school, dropping off their kid, -totally legaql- and someone opened fire at students" isn't even apples to softballs. The context, political spin, relatability/human factors involved are absolutely nothing alike.

Stopping a school shooting is much more akin to the Greenwood Mall active shooter, even more so since events with child victims are much more emotionally charged than those with adult victims.

Again, nobody is getting arrested for a righteous shoot of an active shooter at a school in Indiana, and that's true in anything but the most stupid cases in any state. Like maybe you missed and hit a kid instead sort of twist, but just get out of your car with your kid there and smoke a guy killing children? And get arrested? Even for imagined injustices, that's pretty BS.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Again, nobody is getting arrested for a righteous shoot of an active shooter at a school in Indiana, and that's true in anything but the most stupid cases in any state. Like maybe you missed and hit a kid instead sort of twist, but just get out of your car with your kid there and smoke a guy killing children? And get arrested? Even for imagined injustices, that's pretty BS.
    Do you think the same thing would apply if a shooting took place on federal property?
    No federal charges?

Like at a post office.
    If your legally armed citizen is walking in front of a post office, someone is shooting customers and employees inside ... he runs in and stops/shoots the criminal.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Do you think the same thing would apply if a shooting took place on federal property?
    No federal charges?

Like at a post office.
    If your legally armed citizen is walking in front of a post office, someone is shooting customers and employees inside ... he runs in and stops/shoots the criminal.

In your scenario, absolutely. Even if you completely remove the political and emotional aspects, it plainly falls under necessity defense. You broke the law but you did it because not breaking the law would have resulted in much greater harm. Someone walking past the post office has broken no law and has shown to intent to break a law. They only broke a law (perhaps) to save human life.

Let's think of a different scenario. Someone comes upon an injured man, checks him for jewelry, then stabs him with a small sharp metal object. Perhaps attempt theft, but definitely a battery, right? The "someone" is a doctor, is looking for a medic alert bracelet, then uses an epi-pen on the unconscious person to attempt to save their life. There was no consent due to unconsciousness though, and he did cause some injury. Do you think he gets criminally charged with the battery? No, of course not, not even in the most silliest of shoes clown world. That's how the legal system works. It's simply not that stupid or rigid.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    No federal charges?

Like at a post office.
    Since I have worked within the Federal system No you will not automatically be charged on the Federal side. As BBI stated it’s the same. If the person acted to save a life a US Attorney will not waste money charging a person. Besides having a firearm on Federal Property is more of an enhancement when the person is up to other misdeeds.

Since we are now adding scenarios to the original “school property” thread It’s no different than someone that is a Habitual Traffic Violator (a serious charge if caught driving) can not be charged if they are driving one to an ER for legitimate emergency services for someone seriously injured.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    With all the hypothetical injustice in this thread, what exactly are you imagining you're being arrested/prosecuted *for*?
    Well as it turns out this imaginary person has been trespassed by the school system for previously bringing home school pamphlets and passing them around. Then, as it turns out, he was not allowed to pick said child up from the school because of a restraining order the child's mother put on him do to his hatred shown towards public schooling.

Now, as he sees the shooting take place he steps out of the vehicle. He is wearing no pants. A vial of what turns out to be crystal meth falls from his lap onto the ground. He only uses the meth to help him stay awake late at night while he works on the pamphlets about how bad the public schools systems are. Unfortunately one of the many side effects of the meth is he forgot not only to put pants on, but that he wasn't allowed to pick the child up from the school.

Red flag laws kicked in because of the restraining order and he had all of his firearms removed. While visiting his meth distributor he took extra money from the child's piggy bank and purchased a known stolen gun which had been used to shoot a couple nuns at a catholic school the year before.

I love make believe scenarios, and I need more coffee.

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    Well as it turns out this imaginary person has been trespassed by the school system for previously bringing home school pamphlets and passing them around. Then, as it turns out, he was not allowed to pick said child up from the school because of a restraining order the child's mother put on him do to his hatred shown towards public schooling.

Now, as he sees the shooting take place he steps out of the vehicle. He is wearing no pants. A vial of what turns out to be crystal meth falls from his lap onto the ground. He only uses the meth to help him stay awake late at night while he works on the pamphlets about how bad the public schools systems are. Unfortunately one of the many side effects of the meth is he forgot not only to put pants on, but that he wasn't allowed to pick the child up from the school.

Red flag laws kicked in because of the restraining order and he had all of his firearms removed. While visiting his meth distributor he took extra money from the child's piggy bank and purchased a known stolen gun which had been used to shoot a couple nuns at a catholic school the year before.

No pants? What's his INGO screen name?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

So, in that case what happens is his lawyer actually did it but set him up and will now take a dive in court to cover for himself at the expense of his client. The client will be banished to New Australia, a penal colony on Titan.

Top Bottom