Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Its easy.... since you are in indiana resident you fall under the interstate transport of firearms which according to your source is as follows
    § 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
    Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console. (emphasis added)

all you have to do it lock it in a box other than your glove compartment or console....

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The thing that worries me is Ohio's ability to screw up what unloaded means.

Sec 2923.16 (K)(5) "Unloaded" means, with any of the following:
    (a) No ammunition is in the firearm in question, and no ammunition is loaded into a magazine or speed loader that may be used with the firearm in question and that is located anywhere within the vehicle in question, without regard to where ammunition otherwise is located within the vehicle in question.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yep. A couple weeks ago we went to Dayton for the weekend (Wright Patt) in my minivan... I hear ya on the hoops of fire to jump through!

JeremySmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Rolling Prairie
    I keep a locking case (Seahorse SX-520 - Extreme Waterproof Case) with a locked cable thru the handle and arround a support in my trunk. I would imagine it would work attached around a seat support in the back of an suv to keep averyone happy. If I'm venturing anywhere thats not pistol friendly, I break mine down into parts and keep a few pieces out so it can't be seen as a gun....only parts. Not saying that its the right way to do it, and I've never been stopped anywhere it could be a problem, but it seems like a good idea.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    Well, I have 3 UT classes planned w/in the next month! 6/13 in Angola, IN, 6/27 in Danville, IN & 7/8 (at this point) near Richmond, IN. After UT cashes your check (or charges your card) it takes a couple of months, then your license arrives in the mail. Let me know if you want to come to one of these classes.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yes they do. They honor them because they both require training where as Indiana does not.
    And some 411: FL's "requirement" consists of sitting in a group of people for roughly an hour or so and signing a piece of paper saying you listened...fork over $45 bucks and voila- you're getting a concealed carry permit! Without ever touching a gun.
    At that point, I'm not sure why they even bother to "require" anything.:rolleyes:

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    And some 411: FL's "requirement" consists of sitting in a group of people for roughly an hour or so and signing a piece of paper saying you listened...fork over $45 bucks and voila- you're getting a concealed carry permit! Without ever touching a gun.
    At that point, I'm not sure why they even bother to "require" anything.:rolleyes:

Sounds like another tax to me... Just like having a mechanic rub his arse across your car so you can renew your plates in some states.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I recall carrying numerous times by accident in the past in Ohio. Unless you give them a reason to stop and search your person....

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No. But it is easy for me to look back now and be comfortable that I did not get penalized for a mistake. I do not regret the reason I did so. To protect myself and family.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I have family in Ohio, I too on a few occasions forgot to disarm before crossing the Indiana/Ohio border. To solve that issue I went and too the Utah class put on by INGO's very own minuteman32. Now I do not have to worry about carrying in Ohio. The cost of the class is very minor considering the costs of court and eventually losing your Indiana LTCH.

Top Bottom