• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1401king

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    To tell the truth, I am more than a little apprehensive. I can't memorize all the laws and I am afraid that I may break one accidentally. Honestly considering being lazy and leaving my gun at home. Any thoughts. Anyone been pulled over in Ohio?

romad7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 17, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I have, it's not a big deal. Just hand them your LTCH with your license and tell them that you have your carry gun in the vehicle/on your person. Keep your hands on the wheel until they give you directions. No moves towards the gun. Normal stuff.

The he cop that pulled me over even said that he was glad that I carried and more people should do so.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Last time I was pulled over in Ohio was almost 20 years ago & I wasn't carrying a gun.

You don't have to memorize the law.

What kind of advice are you looking for?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It actually isn't that hard. Keep a link to Handgunlaw.us handy for reference before you travel.

The Ohio PDF file is 14 pages, but as you look through it, likely about 1/2 will be relevant for your needs. For example, you don't care about how to apply for an OH license.

Last edited:

1401king

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Last time I was pulled over in Ohio was almost 20 years ago & I wasn't carrying a gun.

You don't have to memorize the law.

What kind of advice are you looking for?

I really don't know what I am looking for. I guess someone to pat me on the bottom and tell me that it will be ok. :):

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Marions!

It will be ok, now if you are going to the Dayton area, stop and have lunch at Marions Pizza.

Marions..... Are they still around? I've been gone fo 40 years, and I still remember their pizza. I've never had a better one since. <sigh>

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    To tell the truth, I am more than a little apprehensive. I can't memorize all the laws and I am afraid that I may break one accidentally. Honestly considering being lazy and leaving my gun at home. Any thoughts. Anyone been pulled over in Ohio?

A couple of the major things. Signs DO carry the weight of law there. If you see a sign either avoid the place or disarm. There is a duty to inform when pulled over. IIRC the law says immediately inform. Don't wait until they ask, make it clear right away you are carrying. If you see Harless on the name tag, pray.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Marions..... Are they still around? I've been gone fo 40 years, and I still remember their pizza. I've never had a better one since. <sigh>
    As of December they were and appeared to be doing pretty good. I'd almost make the drive just for the pizza.

BoxingRef

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Cincy
    Hi.
    Cincinnati area here and I wouldn't waste to much energy worrying about things:

Keep it concealed and do not drink alcohol when out and about etc...
    Officers are notified by dispatch prior to approaching your vehicle that your
    licensed - so simply hand them your license and let them know immediatly that
    your carrying. The notification rule applies to all official police conversations.

Keep it concealed 24/7 and be polite...

Be safe all.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    YEP..... still there, My GF is from that area and she took me there in april. their pizza is cut in bite sized pieces and you just pop em in.....one after the other. they also grind their sausage so it isnt in chunks, but it covers the surface in a consistent layer of deliciousness.

1401king

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Hi.
    Cincinnati area here and I wouldn't waste to much energy worrying about things:

Keep it concealed and do not drink alcohol when out and about etc...
    Officers are notified by dispatch prior to approaching your vehicle that your
    licensed - so simply hand them your license and let them know immediatly that
    your carrying. The notification rule applies to all official police conversations.

Keep it concealed 24/7 and be polite...

Be safe all.

I did just that. Made it back home without a hitch. Even sat back to back with 2 officers at a Frisches in Sharonville.

Top Bottom