Going to Cincy Tommarrow what do I need to know?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Going for a few days plan to carry while heading there. I have a Utah permit. Per the laws I see I must let an officer know gun is in the car but also says something about gun must be empty and ammo separt. Is this true. Also read Cincy has mag limits? Is there anu other wacky rules Cincy might have over rest of the State.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Why would you carry the mags and ammo separate if you have a valid CCW that allows you to keep them together?

Tell the LEO? I'm not sure about that one.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You don't have to separate the ammo and the mags if you have a valid permit. Signs in Ohio DO have force of law. If it says no carry it means no carry. Conceal really good and you shouldn't have any problems.

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    The ammo seperate thing is just if you do not have a carry license, If you have the Utah you are fine to carry loaded. I grew up just north of Cincy and have not heard of any mag limits but I can not answer that for sure. If you have time there is a great gun shop on the north side of Dayton called olde english outfitters that is worth the trip.

PLANEMECH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Decatur, IN
    Was using Legal Heat App and was kind of confused it talked of keeping ammo seperate then kind of made it sound that u also had still comply even with licence an that Cincy was working on a mag limit. So thought I'd ask for help decifering it.

Top Bottom