Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Dupe... already being discussed here.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Sometimes I wonder if they invest in the very things they threaten to ban right before doing it…. Knowing what will happen.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Ask olympic shooter Kim Rhodes from Khalifornia, how she like the background checks she has to endure...I've heard she orders by the pallet, and has to have BG checks for every box....would be cheaper to move to a free state ( I read this when the regulations were enacted, she might have moved since then, but still....) I figured the libtards would get around to this sooner or later...can't shoot without booletts.....

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Yeah, I am sure that box of 30-06 Core Lokt kept by Pa's general store and bakery for the hunters is endangering us all! It's only been sitting in that store for 3 years now.
    It's still $47.99 for the box of 20. As it was in 1997 when he put it on the shelf.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    It's still $47.99 for the box of 20. As it was in 1997 when he put it on the shelf.
    LOL it usually isn't that bad.

There have been times I found out of production factory stuff, stuff like 30-40 krag which is absolutely unobtainaium.
    Or they don't know to mark up what they have during Ammo panics.

I have been known to buy some of what they have at these places.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    LOL it usually isn't that bad.

There have been times I found out of production factory stuff, stuff like 30-40 krag which is absolutely unobtainaium.
    Or they don't know to mark up what they have during Ammo panics.

I have been known to buy some of what they have at these places.
    On a related note, I did see quite a lot of panic era prices on the ammo at the gun show yesterday. Either somebody hasnt been to a brick and mortar in the last 6 months and doesnt know any better, or somebody bought high and just doesnt want to sell where the market is at and lose a little bit. I dont recall anyone buying any ammo that wasnt strange stuff yesterday.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    On a related note, I did see quite a lot of panic era prices on the ammo at the gun show yesterday. Either somebody hasnt been to a brick and mortar in the last 6 months and doesnt know any better, or somebody bought high and just doesnt want to sell where the market is at and lose a little bit. I dont recall anyone buying any ammo that wasnt strange stuff yesterday.
    Really though, from what I have seen its a 5.56 panic

Still I do like to try and connect people in need with weird stuff.. I know that 30-40 Krag is an absolute -beeeotch- to find.. so I see 30-40 Krag in some place out in the boonies. I will drag it in and resell it with a few buck markup for my time.

It looks like Hornady did set up the 30-40 tooling this year. The big guys skipped making weird stuff ever since 2020.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

Still I do like to try and connect people in need with weird stuff.. I know that 30-40 Krag is an absolute -beeeotch- to find.. so I see 30-40 Krag in some place out in the boonies. I will drag it in and resell it with a few buck markup for my time.

It looks like Hornady did set up the 30-40 tooling this year. The big guys skipped making weird stuff ever since 2020.
    Agreed. I was seeing .22WMR left and right with $22+ price tags on it. But its $18 in the stores now.

And some of the cases of 556 I saw was ridiculous. Like $750 a case.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

30-40 is really easy to make with 303 Brit brass.

Methane Herder

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    Pitchfork Union
    Time for someone to roll out their 14.5 mm Russian smooth bore shotgun....... Oh it could also be capable of firing 12.7 mm FSDS slugs. Of course they would be made of a lead substitute because lead is BAD! Hmmm, tungsten is kinda pricey, maybe some sort of HEAVY metal the government would like to surplus?
    Just throwing it out there.

MH

Top Bottom