• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    So... completely awesome first date yesterday...

I'm sitting with this girl eating an early dinner and I mentioned "I'm a strong supporter of my second amendment rights" she then mentiones "my carry permit is in my purse" and I was ready to get on one knee and propose right there!

She then continues to get even better... fired her first firearm around 12, her father worked in a gun shop for over a decade...

I just had to post this thread in appreciate of our gun carrying women out there. There are some of you my age! There are more than a handful of you! Yay!

Gun toting women for the win!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    The daughter of the woman who manages my cigar stores came to me the other day. She wants me to take her gun shopping. Shes about 22. Her former boyfriend took her shooting last summer, she loved it. I think they stayed together longer just so she had someone to shoot with. Then every time she was in the store and I had a new gun or different gun she wanted to see it, learn about it. She doesn't know much about guns but loves to shoot them. She's got the basics down, and he drilled safety into her skull, but as far as knowing about 'guns' she's a total newbie. Doesn't know what brand her boyfriend had, just knows it was a 45. I showed her a 380, 9mm and 45 the day she came up to ask me to take her to go gun shopping (hey it is all I had with me) and suggest 9mm might be a good option for her because it costs less to shoot than 380.

I think there are a lot of girls/ladies out there who love to shoot. The trick is to find them because they rarely broadcast their interest publicly like men do.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm sitting with this girl eating an early dinner and I mentioned "I'm a strong supporter of my second amendment rights" she then mentiones "my carry permit is in my purse" and I was ready to get on one knee and propose right there!

That's awesome!

What kind of perfume does she wear? Hoppes or CLP? :):

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    The daughter of the woman who manages my cigar stores came to me the other day. She wants me to take her gun shopping. Shes about 22. Her former boyfriend took her shooting last summer, she loved it. I think they stayed together longer just so she had someone to shoot with. Then every time she was in the store and I had a new gun or different gun she wanted to see it, learn about it. She doesn't know much about guns but loves to shoot them. She's got the basics down, and he drilled safety into her skull, but as far as knowing about 'guns' she's a total newbie. Doesn't know what brand her boyfriend had, just knows it was a 45. I showed her a 380, 9mm and 45 the day she came up to ask me to take her to go gun shopping (hey it is all I had with me) and suggest 9mm might be a good option for her because it costs less to shoot than 380.

I think there are a lot of girls/ladies out there who love to shoot. The trick is to find them because they rarely broadcast their interest publicly like men do.

So what's her username on here? (hint hint)

Good job, MD. The more people we have who are gun-friendly, the fewer anti-gun control freaks we'll have in positions of power.

Blessings,
    B

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    She wasn't... the only flaw. I however had my trusty Beretta 96D on my hip :)

She holds a LTCH, which may mean that she does carry sometimes but chose not to do so that night. That could mean that she trusted you to protect her, even on a first date.

This leads me to believe that either she is very gullible, that she is an accomplished martial artist, or that she had Uncle Guido watching you through a sniper scope. :D :lmfao:

Good for you, Ryan. From the little bit we know of her so far, she sounds like a keeper.

Blessings,
    B

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    She holds a LTCH, which may mean that she does carry sometimes but chose not to do so that night. That could mean that she trusted you to protect her, even on a first date.

This leads me to believe that either she is very gullible, that she is an accomplished martial artist, or that she had Uncle Guido watching you through a sniper scope. :D :lmfao:

Good for you, Ryan. From the little bit we know of her so far, she sounds like a keeper.

Blessings,
    B

She could just have it as her father MADE her, but I"m hoping she has it becuase she likes to carry...

She DID have OC on her though :) That is better than nothing.

Shooter75

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2008
    I think your next date should be who can break down and re-assemble an ar-15 or glock faster. If she can learn that and put up some good times she might be the perfect woman for ya... lol!!!

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    She could just have it as her father MADE her, but I"m hoping she has it becuase she likes to carry...

She DID have OC on her though :) That is better than nothing.

You, sir, obviously do not have children. Especially not adult daughters. ;)

"Making" one's adult daughter fill out that form, go get fingerprinted, sign it and send it in, then carry the paper in her purse is an impossibility. For that matter, "making" one's adult daughter do just about anything is like trying to herd cats. :):

The fact, however, that she told you about it (proudly, even), makes it seem much more likely that it was her choice, though if she truly was not armed with a handgun, she may not quite have fully accepted that her safety is her own responsibility (or she may have just chosen to abdicate that responsibility for the evening.)

She still sounds like a keeper.

Blessings,
    B

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    everyones experience are different. I know adult daughters that still do whatever daddy tells them to, whether out of blind obedience or to avoid thinking for themselves.

Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    For the blue ribbon and the giant belt buckle! What else?:dunno:
    Sheesh.:rolleyes:

I think I should get a blue ribbon and a giant belt buckle for getting mini-jet to out shoot mom and dad, when she didn't really want to shoot at all in the beginning..... c'mon mom, fess up... :D

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For the blue ribbon and the giant belt buckle! What else?:dunno:
    Sheesh.:rolleyes:

I think I should get a blue ribbon and a giant belt buckle for getting mini-jet to out shoot mom and dad, when she didn't really want to shoot at all in the beginning..... c'mon mom, fess up... :D

Nah Jay... Annie just told us what her trick-or-treating costume is: A blue ribbon and a giant belt buckle.... and that's it. :naughty:

Oh and of course:

:postpics:

:rockwoot:
    B

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    True.
    I don't mind fessing up. I'm prouder o' that young'un than a mosquito scoring some A.B.negative.:yesway:

Top Bottom