• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I want to be able to film some turkey and deer hunts for my own viewing satisfaction and to relive the hunt. Go-Pro as far as I know is still the standard for self-filming hunts and other action activities, but even on Amazon, wow, they`re crazy expensive. I`ve been researching some Go-Pro alternatives, and the alternatives are a lot less expensive. Here is one: Amazon product ASIN B01HGM33HG
    Without a doubt, when you settle for a lesser product, you have lesser quality, and/or, lesser life expectancy of the product, and/or, name the thing that you`re sacrificing to get a price that you can even afford. The item I supplied the Amazon link to sells for $55.99 while Go-Pro Hero 11 goes for about $350 on Amazon. I`d love to get that, but just cannot afford that cost.

Anybody here have any experience with action video cameras that are Go-Pro alternatives? Any recommendations for something that will record deer and turkey hunts, hold up to the weather and adverse hunting conditions and deliver decent video?

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Do your research on Gopro before you buy... I am looking for a GoPro type camera for some outdoor vids as well and it appears GoPro has gotten lazy or not kept up its technology in recent years. Search YT for GoPro alternative and see for yourself. YMMV.

And your link isn't showing up.

Dont know if this guy is a shill for something else or not but its informative...

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Do your research on Gopro before you buy... I am looking for a GoPro type camera for some outdoor vids as well and it appears GoPro has gotten lazy or not kept up its technology in recent years. Search YT for GoPro alternative and see for yourself. YMMV.

And your link isn't showing up.

Dont know if this guy is a shill for something else or not but its informative...

Thanks for the post and the information on Go Pro and their recent problems.

It looks like if you click on the Amazon picture in my post, it will take you to that item.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    We had an assortment of cams for our boar hunt last year. After the first day and watching all the footage, we only took the gopro out the last 2 days.

Costco has the best deal and if you aren't happy with it, a hassle free return.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    We had an assortment of cams for our boar hunt last year. After the first day and watching all the footage, we only took the gopro out the last 2 days.

Costco has the best deal and if you aren't happy with it, a hassle free return.
    We just got a Costco membership. Can you tell me more about the Costco version? And you took the Go Pro out last...what was the reason for that decision?

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Never mind, I understand now. But tell me, did you have good luck with the Go Pro? Was it worth the money to you?
    We never had an issue with the gopro. 2 batteries had plenty of battery life for a full day of hunting. The detail in the video quality is what I felt was worth the money. The cheaper options were grainy when you tried to zoom in and with hogs, we weren't exactly standing on top of them.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    We never had an issue with the gopro. 2 batteries had plenty of battery life for a full day of hunting. The detail in the video quality is what I felt was worth the money. The cheaper options were grainy when you tried to zoom in and with hogs, we weren't exactly standing on top of them.
    Thanks a ton for your input buddy, very much appreciated.

jkaetz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My brother brought his GoPro for Christmas and it would only record for 15-25 minutes before overheating and shutting down. He even turned off most of the processing as a test to see how long until it overheated. Using it in a cold environment should solve that problem but I found it crazy that it would overheat so easily.

That said the video from when he stuck it to the side of a jet ski on the ocean was clear and stable.

Top Bottom