• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Well, this has certainly been ineresting. Unsurprising, but interesting. I am amazed by how souch a number of open minded people can turn on you when your opinion differs from theirs. Thank all of you respondents for showing your true colors!
    When I first joined this forum I was excited to find a group of like minded people. Comepletely without surprise I find that I was wrong and that as soon as you have an opinion that someone doesn't like or agree with, they turn on you like a pack of wolves on the wounded one in the group and tear into you. No surprises here! You know who you are. I will have no more to do with those who cannot read!

This kinda fits this situation....

The Omega Wolf continues on until it is no longer the Omega wolf. Question is will you?

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    I really don't understand why everyone has such a problem understanding my original post. Go back and read it. Really Read it. It was a simple what would you do if? , sort of question. Are you at least a tiny bit concerned?
    Despite what some have indicated, I never said Glock Switches should be illegal or even regulated. I simply made the statement that some things should not be so easy to obtain. I know that there are people who can turn almost any firearm into a full auto. Hell! I know of a few ways myself! I'm just saying that making it so easy to do is a bad idea! Jeeze Louise people! Try reading and understanding what you have read!
    BTW. Never claimed to be an Omega, just pionted out that wolves will turn on the wounded and eat them! Kinda like what has happened here.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I really don't understand why everyone has such a problem understanding my original post. Go back and read it. Really Read it. It was a simple what would you do if? , sort of question. Are you at least a tiny bit concerned?
    Despite what some have indicated, I never said Glock Switches should be illegal or even regulated. I simply made the statement that some things should not be so easy to obtain. I know that there are people who can turn almost any firearm into a full auto. Hell! I know of a few ways myself! I'm just saying that making it so easy to do is a bad idea! Jeeze Louise people! Try reading and understanding what you have read!
    BTW. Never claimed to be an Omega, just pionted out that wolves will turn on the wounded and eat them! Kinda like what has happened here.
    You are not ate. Stick around it gets better but you have to be able to take disagreement. Everyone here has their own opinions and many are vocal.

Mjr.Malfunction

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2021
    GOSHEN
    You are not ate. Stick around it gets better but you have to be able to take disagreement. Everyone here has their own opinions and many are vocal.
    As I have noticed. I can take disagreement quite well. It appears some can't and feel the need to attack me. Don't plan to go anywhere but will likely not post again for quite some while.....

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    As I have noticed. I can take disagreement quite well. It appears some can't and feel the need to attack me. Don't plan to go anywhere but will likely not post again for quite some while.....
    Dude, who is attacking you? This thread seems pretty civil overall. Disagreement does not equal attacks. Relax.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2009
    SE Indy
    I'm not worried that it's a likely issue to be concerned about because evil is evil regardless of the gun, make and model. The people who that particular product would appeal to who would use it for evil probably got all their gun information from movies and think they'll be an 80's movie shooting from the hip and never miss a shot.

The way I look at it may seem counter intuitive, but hear me out. If I were to get attacked by some psychotic evil person, the best case scenario for me on defense is that 1.) they don't know how to use their weapon, 2.) they miss the shots they take, 3.) They somehow take their own weapon out of the fight either through something breaking, jamming, magazine failure, out of ammo or whatever.

I don't think any knit whit out there will a full auto glock is going to place well aimed shots. I think back to the colorado movie theatre criminal and he had some cheapo drum mag and all kinds of tapco crap mounted all over the gun. He got rounds off, but the gun went down, and people got away.

Reality is, I'm more worried about an angry hill billy with his grand dads 30-06 that he's shot deer with at 300 yards, than I am some young dumb punk with a full auto pistol that'll likely jam up or miss every shot. A long time ago I said "getting shot at is one thing, getting shot is another." I'm thankful to have never been shot and given the choice, I'll always take being shot "at" rather than "hit". So, in a way, if I'm going to be attacked I kinda hope it's an idiot with every little cheap imitation bell and whistle on the gun that'll likely look like it's never been trained with. I'd be terrified of some old pissed off hill billy veteran who knows how to make shots count. Does that make sense?
    Why all the Hillbilly hate? I'm sure about 40% of the people on here may even consider themselves a Hillbilly......lol
    I'll take a Hillbilly over a hipster any day.
    :dunno:...Just funnin ya.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Dont go anywhere. Just grow some thicker skin and hang out. Lots of disagreement around. Just roll with it and move on.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

You know something my friend; When it seems as though everyone else is a fault, it might just be time to look in the mirror?

Even though some of our folks are (sadly) less than polite, it doesn't mean they are wrong and you are right.

You started a thread expressing a concern, asking for opinion on it. Sorry that you didn't get your affirmation. You might want to learn at least something from the results you received? :scratch:

Last edited:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    I don't know who everyone is. You received several replies to just the original question. You also got flamed a bit (not something I agree with, but it's the internet). You disagree with the replies to your original question, fine. But when offered specific critique, you just say "we just disagree"... Again, that's fine. But if we're talking about policy and law, we need a higher standard than "it makes me uncomfortable."

That said, your original question certainly wasn't "what would you do if." It was "are you concerned?"
    These are drastically different questions. Human beings are constantly estimating the probability of events, weighing expected return from those outcomes, and preparing for those more probable events (priorities, costs/returns, and the probabilities are mapped differently person to person). When I read "are you concerned" this translates over to "do you rate the probability of this high enough with an outcome severe enough that it should change how you function" to me. The answer is a resounding no for me. In fact, my original post was criticizing what I believe are the usual arguments for "common sense" Glock switch regulations that would affect my daily life in the sense that they restrict what I'm allowed to do.

The claim that things shouldn't be easily obtained is a call for regulation in any practical sense (unless your argument is that as gun enthusiasts that we should foster a culture against cool gadgets, good luck with that).

Making it so easy to do? I mean, unless you want to redesign how triggers/sears/hammers all work such that you can make a reliable semi-auto released patent-free for everyone to adapt designs (along with changing designs from nearly every pistol resign in the last century), then I don't understand your complaint. The machine is simple, so that's a problem?

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Also if you ask a question about something it may take days before you get an answer. It might be that long before a person who can answer your question comes on. It also helps if you ask it in the right forum. Just a tip and way off topic.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom