• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I don't understand the consternation regarding the term "illegal gun". Can guns be "illegal"? Sure. Ser# removed, modified gun to full auto, etc. Guns that the only recourse is destruction. They are illegal to exist, let alone possess. Is it overused? Sure. But it is a distinction that few people outside of these forums understand or care about. IMPD is using common vernacular used across the US in political, law enforcement, and media. It's just not that deep.
    People just don’t want to hear that. And people that sling the term snowflake are the worst ones and make their own topics deeper than they should be.

They also remind me of the people during the anti drug stuff in the late 1980’s they knew MJ was illegal but didn’t “agree” with the law then it was poor them when they got caught.

If someone has an issue with getting reminded to stay within the rules and or lane of topic and still wants to be butt hurt about a “term” or pre/post 1986 when that has no relevance to the item discussed as it came out 35 years later

If folks could not go off course like an out of control scud missile!

Last edited:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    If someone has an issue with getting reminded to stay within the rules and or lane of topic and still wants to be butt hurt about a “term” or pre/post 1986 when that has no relevance to the item discussed as it came out 35 years later

If folks could not go off course like an out of control scud missile!

Did you mean to have a 'then...' statement in there somewhere?

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    If you repealed the Hughes amendment the Indiana prosecution would have still ensued.
    Hughes (plus NFA/GCA/ATF) still needs gone like yesterday, regardless of Indiana law. If that happened (especially as a result of the Supreme Court and/or Bruen), I'd imagine Indiana would follow suit soon after.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    The Indiana legislature just passed this “feel good” gun law to keep the sheeples happy. Last time I looked, fully automatic weapons are illegal per the NFA to begin with. No matter how a semi automatic weapon is converted to fully automatic, the weapon is by definition a “machine gun” and is in violation of the NFA.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    The anti's are building the narrative, with folks like Ryan Mears and Joe Hogsett leading the way.

"We" let them get away with this, then join into the negative narrative to gun owners ourselves...

..."gun violence"
    ..."assault weapon"
    ..."assault pistol"
    ...“Machine Gun Conversion Device”

Next thing you know, we are not only fighting for our Second Amendment rights, we are fighting a generation of naive folks just wanting "common sense gun laws" and "gun safety laws." We all know what that really is, but a lot of them don't and they don't care to do anything other than repeat the narrative.

Before you know it, there will be mayor of the "capitol city" that cannot even answer simple questions such as:

Where were you on May 29, 2021, May 30, 2021, and May 31 of 2021?

Where the **** were you and what the **** were you doing?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Indiana legislature just passed this “feel good” gun law to keep the sheeples happy. Last time I looked, fully automatic weapons are illegal per the NFA to begin with. No matter how a semi automatic weapon is converted to fully automatic, the weapon is by definition a “machine gun” and is in violation of the NFA.
    Actually this is a good thing as I gleaned from news reports and LEO complaints.

As I understand it, before this "unnecessary" state law, Somebody like Denny or Frank would cuff and stuff a gang banger with a glock switch. Since its a federal law, the feds would have to act on the charges. Often times they would not. With this law, they can be directly charged with a state level offense, and if the feds decide to hop on, great. If not, they still have the idiot by the short and curly hairs.

If I got that wrong, feel free to correct me.

And than you again Mr @ESSEX. your contributions here are greatly appreciated. We also appreciate your no nonsense factual reporting with no spin or agenda.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Before you know it, there will be mayor of the "capitol city" that cannot even answer simple questions such as:

I still cant believe not one single "journalist" in this city is willing to ask that question.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Actually this is a good thing as I gleaned from news reports and LEO complaints.

As I understand it, before this "unnecessary" state law, Somebody like Denny or Frank would cuff and stuff a gang banger with a glock switch. Since its a federal law, the feds would have to act on the charges. Often times they would not. With this law, they can be directly charged with a state level offense, and if the feds decide to hop on, great. If not, they still have the idiot by the short and curly hairs.

And than you again Mr @ESSEX. your contributions here are greatly appreciated. We also appreciate your no nonsense factual reporting with no spin or agenda.
    Yes, this was VERY useful law change. We want to handle our crime issues without relying of Federal involvement. There were no legal repercussions for manufacturing these Glock switches, hundreds of them. Feds are not involved to enforce Federal law. Now we have some teeth for these criminals.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

I still cant believe not one single "journalist" in this city is willing to ask that question.
    Are you talking about the Indianapolis riots of 2020?

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson

New law or not, what are the actual chances that Mears actually prosecutes violators?

Top Bottom