• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Yes. This is because of all the X-ray tests and metal detector tests that they run these handguns through to ensure they are undetectable.

jforrest

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Porter County
    Not to mention the following explosion!!! :D :p

I did a google search, according to ask.com your car can reach temperatures of ~200 F in the summer. According to Vincent Di Maio in his book "Gunshot Wounds" a round needs to be heated to 275 F in order to "cook off" for a .22 (higher temperatures for center fire rounds). So I would say leave your gun and ammo in the shade and you will be fine.

I don't know what the melting point of the polymer is on a Glock's grip but I think it would be ok.

On a side note I don't think it would be very wise to leave any pistol up on the dash in the view of everybody walking by. Might as well say "free gun"

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    jforrest thanks for taking the time to do a bit of research and give us a solid answer.

Unfortunately, I belive the OP's tongue was firmly planted in his cheek.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    On Guns and Ammo TV the feindish torture team actually put a Springfield XD on a barbecue grill and (of course) hot coals. They even cooked chicken breast with it! All it did to the polymer was put grill marks on it. The grill melted into the frame a little and they shot it out of a Ranson Rest and a string to pull the trigger.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    On Guns and Ammo TV the feindish torture team actually put a Springfield XD on a barbecue grill and (of course) hot coals. They even cooked chicken breast with it! All it did to the polymer was put grill marks on it. The grill melted into the frame a little and they shot it out of a Ranson Rest and a string to pull the trigger.

Yes but that was a quality firearm!!! :laugh: :lmfao::p

Oh no...... here come the Glockies to get me!!! :n00b:

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    I was thinking about buying a Glock. Is it true that if you leave them on your dash in the summer that they can melt and run down your heat vents? Just curious.

Anyone who leaves their pistol on the dash is probably not smart enough to own a Glock. Better stick to pistols with safety levers and grip safeties so you don't hurt yourself. :):

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    I can't believe someone would even think such a thing could be true? Lets see what my Glocks say about it. G-19,G-17,G-21,G-30,G-20,G-27,G-23,G-22,G-33,G-32,G-31 Not happening guys and yes these are all the Glocks I own, no sh## Do you want my Sigs too? Glocks & Sigs for life, anyone who tells you different you should question thier firearms knowledge? I just collect the other stuff..........................

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I can't believe someone would even think such a thing could be true? Lets see what my Glocks say about it. G-19,G-17,G-21,G-30,G-20,G-27,G-23,G-22,G-33,G-32,G-31 Not happening guys and yes these are all the Glocks I own, no sh## Do you want my Sigs too? Glocks & Sigs for life, anyone who tells you different you should question thier firearms knowledge? I just collect the other stuff..........................

So you say, but do you have a Porcelain Glock 7? :cool:

They don't show up on X-ray machines and cost more than someone
    at an airport could make in a month.

:popcorn:

Top Bottom