• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Who has the rough texture frame, and what do you think. Anybody Conceal Carry one. That's what has held me back so far, not sure how it will be in an IWB.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I have one and I LOVE IT. :D

G22RTF2003.jpg

Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I picked up an RTF2 G19 about 5 weeks ago. Since then, it has seen about 600 rounds and has been on my waist since.

I carry it in a Raven Concealment IWB with 2 G17 mags on my left side in a Raven mag pouch. It is definitely rough on your skin. The 5 or 6 times I wore it without a shirt tucked in, I new it was there.

In my opinion, the RTF grabs the skin on your hand and digs in. It seems to have grip on me the same as I do it. It gets even better when I shoot with my Hatch Gloves, the 2nd gen and the 3rd gen guns felt slick on the leather palms and fingers of the gloves. The new RTF grabs it tight and holds on.

The texture of the RTF after 50 rounds doesnt get noticed anymore.....until you go back to the 2nd or 3rd gen. Then it feels like the older gens are "slick".

Just my experience and opinions.

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    Thanks for the input. I shoot with gloves and without and didn't know how much it would wear on your skin shooting without gloves. Also did know how it would be carry wise if it would constantly get stuck on shirt etc.

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    RTF2 is completely freaking awesome. I feel like my G17 is gripping me, not the other way around. I cannot attest to conceal issues, though I have heard that many police officers have complained that the RTF2 texture was a little rough on their uniforms. Regardless, if that became an issue then I would FIND a way to make it work. The benefits of RTF2 far outweigh the negatives.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    Hmmmmm... I am a Glock armorer and have never even held a RTF 2 model. All I can say is that I have never heard anyone say that it was just ok. Most people either love it or hate it and feel very strongly that way. I just didn't like the way it looked when it first came out but, am starting to get used to it and may have to pick one up!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I can't remember where I read it... Perhaps on GT?

Don't know...

Anyhow, the jist was that there is a growing number of LEO who don't like it because it's ruining their car upholstery as they ride.

Something that rough is also bound to stress the fabric of under AND over garments eventually.

I don't have any personal experience with it, though.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Hobart
    See, that's a little extreme for me. I have built up hard tough skinned calluses from shooting, work (auto tech) and from power lifting. I can only imagine what this emery board feels like after a 100 rounds... I have picked them up and felt them in person, and it seems like a good thing, but I am happy with the 3M grip tape for now... No custom stippling, no alterations other than some slight grip change...

Top Bottom