• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    There's a pretty easy solution for getting brass in the face.

Correct your grip and stop limp wristing.
    Yeah, that's not the issue for everyone. Shoot enough Glocks made in recent years, and you are bound to come across one that sprays brass like a sprinkler. I've actually seen it happen with a shooter who had no issues with his other Glocks. Move the problematic gun to someone else, and same issue. Put in a Gen 4 ejector, and an Apex extractor in that particular gun and changed out the spring loaded bearing, each one at a time and the accumulation of all that seems to have corrected that gun. I've seen it in person more with fairly recent Gen 3's. It is not always limp wristing. I'm a Glock advocate, but I have seen it and it is not always a shooter issue.

On my own Gen 3 19, I changed out the ejector for a Gen 4 ejector, and that alleviated most of the issue, but mine wasn't shooting brass as erratically as the other gun.

Brass in the face is pretty common from the Gen 4 pistols.
    Late model Gen 3's are not immune to the issue. Up until recently I had been all about the Gen 3 as opposed to Gen 4, but I have a Gen 4 9mm now as well and it took less work to get it in order than my most recent Gen 3 in 9mm. My 40 S&W Glocks have been fine, but recent model 9's, especially Gen 3's have had enough concerns that I'd probably be more comfortable picking up a gen 4 at this point.

Top Bottom