• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Saw this on Glocktalk earlier. Man is it ugly! I'm glad the Gen 4s are options and not phasing out the Gen 3s. I'll be picking up a 17L and 34 at some time in the future, and they'll have Gen 3 frames :)

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Saw that on another forum I visit. I love Glock, but I will stick with the gen. 3 I don't like the new grip texture and I don't need interchangeable backstraps. I am glad to see they went with the original slide serrations and not the ones from the RTF models. Just my opinion, so for the people who like them enjoy!

Steady Glock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Does anyone know which models will be available? I'm hoping to get a Glock 30, and might want to feel the Gen 4 G30 in my hand before I make a decision. Anyone know?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Yeah, not a fan of the RTF, myself - if my hands are so slippery that simply holding my piece requires stippling on the plastic, I'd just rather superglue it to my palm. Had the guy at old man Whittaker's offer me a G17 done in RTF when I got my G17 - it was about ten seconds before I thought, no, this isn't for me and got the regular texture. Backstraps aren't priority for me, either, though it would be nice... and as much as people complain about Glock, I think the backstrap on current Springfield XDs is even worse with the depth of serration. Glocks aren't beauty queens, but XDs, to me, are the dead-last contestants in that show if Glocks are runners-up. (1911s are of course different story.) And as 22LR stated, can we at long last petition for a good rail system on these babies? Maybe mil-spec?

Ol'Bluesmoke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 6, 2009
    The XD's are definitely among the ugliest...the Glocks have a certain appeal though...sort of the "handsome brute" effect.

Top Bottom