• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Philabuster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Laporte, IN
    I have been a Glock user for a long time. I carried a 26 for years and have 2 19's. I have a 43 that I like a lot but then I bought a 43x. I absolutely love the feel of this gun. I have fat stubby hands. I have two complaints. Shield Arms mags...I wish they were truly flush. But they add length. So I like to carry my factory mag in the 43 and 43x. But...If I want to use shield arms I need a metal mag catch. Which can mess your factory mags up. SO FRUSTRATING. And why oh why didn't they make the 43x mags work in a 43? Rant over.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Palmetto State Armory says that that they are going to release a new Micro Dagger pistol, and the mags are 15 round capacity and compatible with Glock 43x and 48 pistols. Also, they are a metal/polymer hybrid, with polymer in the mag catch area so you don't have to swap out your factory Glock mag catch. The mags will be available for sale when the Micro Dagger is released.

But it is PSA, so I'll believe it when I see it. When they say something should be released in Spring, you can never know which year they are talking about.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I have been a Glock user for a long time. I carried a 26 for years and have 2 19's. I have a 43 that I like a lot but then I bought a 43x. I absolutely love the feel of this gun. I have fat stubby hands. I have two complaints. Shield Arms mags...I wish they were truly flush. But they add length. So I like to carry my factory mag in the 43 and 43x. But...If I want to use shield arms I need a metal mag catch. Which can mess your factory mags up. SO FRUSTRATING. And why oh why didn't they make the 43x mags work in a 43? Rant over.
    I have 2 43x and run the shield mags with factory mag catch. Just keep some spares and watch the wear on the factory catch. Replace as neccessary

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Sold my 43X. Bought a P365 X Macro instead. 17 rounds, flush fit mags. Still have a 48 and a ton of SA 15 round mags. Love the Sig, to,erase the 48…..

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Sold my 43X. Bought a P365 X Macro instead. 17 rounds, flush fit mags. Still have a 48 and a ton of SA 15 round mags. Love the Sig, to,erase the 48…..

This is about where I'm at and I've been a Sig hater for years. I have a 48 that I want to have the slide milled on for an optic, plus its not the MOS version so I've been contemplating buying a 43X/48MOS frame for it (they are around $280)... but that's a lot of BS to create a gun that aready exists in the P365X Macro. I've shot a couple of them and like it enough to own one. The part about it that's the easy sell to me is the 48/43x mags aren't compatible with any of my full size Glocks anyway, so going to a different platform/brand isn't really an issue.

BoilerWes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Pendleton
    I really like the 43x…just not as much as the X Macro. If Glock wasn’t Glock and actually innovated once every 30 years…the 43x would have come standard with factory 15 round mags.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    This is about where I'm at and I've been an Sig hater for years. I have a 48 that I want to have the slide milled on for an optic, plus its not the MOS version so I've been contemplating buying a 43X/48MOS frame for it (they are around $280)... but that's a lot of BS to create a gun that aready exists in the P365X Macro. I've shot a couple of them and like it enough to own one. The part about it that's the easy sell to me is the 48/43x mags aren't compatible with any of my full size Glocks anyway, so going to a different platform/brand isn't really an issue.
    You can buy a rail to add to your 43x for cheap here: https://www.recovertactical.com/product/gr43-rail-adapter-for-the-glock-43-43x-and-48/
    I bought aftermarket slides that were cut for mine. DP Custom Works charges $75 for an optic cut, they give discounts to veterans and can do coatings too. I’ve had several slides cut for other guns. Class work, class person.
    The Recover Tactical rail is cool but will it will not fit in your Kydex holsters.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2023
    Central Indiana
    Your local gun store might carry the metal mag release. I live in a small city and a couple of my gun stores not only carry the metal mag release but they also carry the 15 round shield magazines and the +5 magazine extension. I personally wouldn’t trust using the oem mag release but that’s just me.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    88   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    My other Glocks all have the Vickers extended slide release on them. I have one ordered for my 43x (I got here on INGO not long ago) and went ahead and added the mag release as well to head off problems as I use the SA 15 round mags. I don't regret getting the MOS version, as the idea for me was the smaller package. No light or red dot for this one, but it's still big enough for me to get my mitts around it without having a pinky dangling off. I'm liking it so far. I really miss having a light, but I like the small size. If only somebody would invent a very small but powerful LED that was incorporated into a guide rod...

ToddG330

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2015
    TX
    I’ve got the 43x and 48 and for me, the 48 just carries better. I have the S15 mag setup in the 43x which works fine but I received a lemon of a mag when I ordered a gen 3 mag for my 48. I got my hands on a micro dagger mag from PSA and it fits and functions like OEM. I have a few spares on the way.

I wish Glock would remove their head from the sand here and produce what the market wants but Glock will Glock. Strange seeing how they cater to the LE community and the 48 does have some LE use in my area.

Top Bottom