• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    I picked up a pearce +1 extension and grip insert today. the little hollow spot in the grip would act like a blade when i reloaded and the grip insert makes a huge difference and i cant fit my thumb in there to strip a mag so its useless to me. the +1 is on my back mag and makes the gun so much more comfortable to shoot

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We'll see how they run. First thing noticed is very stiff spring. Tough to get the 9th round in. Full mag also requires a pretty stout insertion.

I don't believe it will be an issue, but the feel is different without the larger size diameter of the TT extension that better matches the gun's grip. I'm likely guilty of allowing too much pinky finger sympathy for my trigger pull anyway. Maybe this slight gap will be an improvement?

HncbGAZ.jpg

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    We'll see how they run. First thing noticed is very stiff spring. Tough to get the 9th round in. Full mag also requires a pretty stout insertion.

I don't believe it will be an issue, but the feel is different without the larger size diameter of the TT extension that better matches the gun's grip. I'm likely guilty of allowing too much pinky finger sympathy for my trigger pull anyway. Maybe this slight gap will be an improvement?

HncbGAZ.jpg
    How did you get a PEZ dispenser to fit in a Glock pistol?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Those ETS mags are 16.95 at aimsurplus.com, with free shippping. I just ordered a 9 rounder to try it out. If I like it, I'll probably order a few 12 rounders. I'll then give this fun little gun a go at Friday Night Steel!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County

HncbGAZ.jpg

Pretty neat, I wouldn't hate trying one myself. I've had good luck out of my full size 9mm glock ETS magazine since they sent me the newest spring, I wouldn't use it for carry but for fun sure.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    What a great thread!
    I'm a newbie to the site, and I only got up to p.9, and as someone who shot a 43 rented at the range (Tim's Shooting in Westfield), along with many of the other small 9s mentioned, you got me interested.
    B/C or price I have bought used: Taurus 709 Slim, Sig 290RS, Ruger LC9, and intend to buy the Shield to replace all of the ones I haven't sold yet (but love the Ruger LC9).
    I'll keep my eye out on the 43 and perhaps "pull-the-trigger" after I get a Shield some time in the future (I love the hunt of it all).

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Pretty neat, I wouldn't hate trying one myself. I've had good luck out of my full size 9mm glock ETS magazine since they sent me the newest spring, I wouldn't use it for carry but for fun sure.
    I only carry with Glock mags also.
    I have a dozen 17 round ETS mags I shoot USPSA with. At least that many (maybe more :dunno: election last year :rolleyes:) 31 rounders I shoot PCC division with in USPSA and Steel Challenge matches. They have been problem free as long as I didn't tinker with them too much. Adding extensions/splices has given mixed results.

HncbGAZ.jpg

Shot the HHRP Steel Match with these this evening. Won my "Micro Carry" division like always. :rockwoot:

The mags performed well. The extra round was a saver numerous times, finishing the string with an empty gun. Eliminating extra mag changes (yes I know, just make the hits,) trimmed my overall time noticeably allowing a finish ahead of a lot of production division shooters.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Looks like the Gen 5 comes with a standard cut rifling in the barrel, so I guess it does get better!

Do you have problems with accuracy with your current G43?
    I'm overdue to revisit accuracy with mine, but my testing earlier this year had very tight groups with coated lead bullets.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Do you have problems with accuracy with your current G43?
    I'm overdue to revisit accuracy with mine, but my testing earlier this year had very tight groups with coated lead bullets.
    I no longer own Glocks. They just aren't for me. My EDC is a Kahr CM9. I just thought I'd remark about the standard cut rifling on the Gen 5's. The Kahr PM 9 has polygonal rifling. The CM 9 has standard rifling. I like the standard rifling better. As a reloader, who uses mostly lead bullets, I tend to shy away from polygonal rifling. For a small pistol and close range shooting (less than 25 yards), the accuracy difference is probably not noticeable.

Top Bottom