• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I would like others opinion on this model. I like the way it feels but I wonder about the 6+1 mag. This does kind of stink. I wish it was at least & like a 1911. I know you can add a Pierce +1. They need keep the slim grip from the single stack mag which I really like but lengthen the grip to give a person at least 7 maybe 8.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    If the reason that you are looking at a 36 is because of the slim grip you should look at a 30SF.

Looking to make the Glock 30 more comfortable for smaller hands without giving up the magazine capacity of 10rds Glock has released the new Glock 30SF (Short Frame). With a trigger reach of 2.83”(72mm) the Glock 30SF shaves 3mm from the original Glock 30 that has a trigger reach of 2.95”(75mm).

The SF uses standard .45 ammo, I have one if can look at if you can't find one in stock anywhere.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have a glock 36 and use it in an ankle holster when it fits the situation. I picked up a +1 grip extender for the second mag and that makes my large hand completely fit the grip plus adding one more round. The extension was $10 and I picked it up at Bradis the other day. It actually carries well for me in the Renegade ankle holster but I would not want to carry more weight than that and that is the only time I carry the Glock. I think the extension will make it easier to shoot at the range but I have had no problems without it, even though only two fingers fit on the grip.

absrio

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Howard County
    I bought mine really to just have a .45 and because I like Glocks. I really like the feel, a bit better than the 22 frame sizes. I have also found it fits all of my G22 & G27 holsters as well. If your worried about round count you can always carry an extra mag and have 13 rounds available to you.

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    Either a Glock 30 or a 36 will be my very next purchase, just as soon as I sell my Taurus Stainless PT 1911. I think I will stick with the 30 since I want the extra rounds. Everything I own is .45ACP other than a Hi Point Rifle in .9MM.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I went with the 36. I tried a 30 and although the reach might be the same the width of the grip felt slimmer. I deffinetly need to get the +1. I have it for my 27 and love it.

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I went with the 36. I tried a 30 and although the reach might be the same the width of the grip felt slimmer. I deffinetly need to get the +1. I have it for my 27 and love it.

It seems like I read when I was looking at buying a 36, maybe on GT that some were having trouble with the +1 on the 36, but it may have been right after they came out with the 36.

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It seems like I read when I was looking at buying a 36, maybe on GT that some were having trouble with the +1 on the 36, but it may have been right after they came out with the 36.

I haven't tried it yet with the plus one but will the next time I go to the range.

sam2007

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I picked up a 36 a couple of years ago and have been happy with it. I don't have much experience with Glocks or .45s; my 36 is the first I've owned of either. That being said I was surprised how pleasant (yes pleasant) it is to shoot. Very managalbe recoil, plenty accurate for my needs and it just feels good in my hands. I'm about 6ft/225, but the 36 felt better to me than the 30. I looked at the mag extenders, but did not like the way they extended the gun's profile. As it sits the 36 is very concealalbe with an IWB holster. To me it just seemed more practical for daily wear than some of the fancier .45s available.

Blaze261

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    I haven't tried it yet with the plus one but will the next time I go to the range.

I know the Scherer I had was junk. Fell off after a hundred rds or so. I have the Pierce's and have had no probs after several hundred rounds. Plus they feel better too. I have heard others say this also.

Top Bottom