• ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I'm considering getting a Glock 30s and despite my best attempts, I can't seem to find anything that's comparable in size and capacity. What says Ingo?

This will be a carry gun.

Here's my requirements:
    - Not a 1911
    - .45 acp
    - Compact size
    - 10rd capacity (minimum)
    - Striker fired or DA/SA with Decocker
    - No thumb or grip safety
    - Not a 1911

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    I had one that a friend just bought. It carried great and shot very well. I was just thinning the herd in preparation for a couple new things. I still have my regular 30 and my 21SF, they will never leave. The SF was nicer to grip that the non-SF, but I have smaller hands.

To me, it felt like it had a little different of a recoil impulse than the other Glock 45's due to the slide weight, not really more, just different.

Wish I would have known you were interested, I could have brought it up there or let you take it back for a week to try out.

fjw2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2016
    Close to a friend
    Sorry that I can't offer any comparable alternative choices based on personal experience. I will say that I like the 30S. It's the only .45 I have. I like carrying it and have never had an issue with it. It would be a good choice. I also like that it fits in many, but not all, of my Glock 23 holsters.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I picked up a 30sf earlier this year and like the thing a whole lot. It's hard to beat the 10+1 capacity in a gun that size. I went with the 30sf over the 30s because when I shot the 30s, the smaller slide seemed to make the gun feel a bit more like a .40 than a .45. The fatter and heavier 30 slide seems to absorb some of the recoil impulse but since I did not shoot the two together, I might have imagined the difference. But, either way, I'm a fan of the G30 platform. I wish we lived closer together as I'd be glad to let you carry the thing for a couple of weeks to see if it works for you. If we get together for a shoot this fall, I'll bring it along.

sht4brnz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    N.IndNpls
    30s is a great carry pistol. The prefer the nine round mag, it takes a little off of the grip making it print less. I used to carry a 3" 1911, it also carried very well, super thin. It has been replaced with the 30s. It's not much wider than the 1911, it carries more cartridges, and I don't have to manipulate a safety. The 30s will also function with my g21 mags, which could be handy.

jzwhts

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Mooresville
    What holster and carry method do you guys use for the 30s? I have one and like it a lot. I have yet to find a very comfortable carry method. That being said, I usually carry a J frame.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I guess I need to get past thinking it must be iwb to be concealed.

Mine is not concealed. Since Indiana issues a carry permit, not a concealed carry permit I dont really worry about concealment.

I also have this holster for when concealing is needed (out of state I typically CC so I dont have to focus on open carry laws), but this is a lot of gun to stick inside your waistband with any holster.

American Series - IWB Kydex Holster

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'm considering getting a Glock 30s and despite my best attempts, I can't seem to find anything that's comparable in size and capacity.

What says Ingo? This will be a carry gun.

Here's my requirements:
    - Not a 1911
    - .45 acp
    - Compact size
    - 10rd capacity (minimum)
    - Striker fired or DA/SA with Decocker
    - No thumb or grip safety
    - Not a 1911

I've had a Glock 36 (my current EDC) since 2013...and I absolutely love it! It's thin...accurate...light-weight...easy to conceal...etc...AND it's in .45 acp!

I also own a Glock 30SF...which is a great shooting pistol...is accurate...holds 10+1...fits in my smaller grip-sized hands, etc.

I've put the G-36 slide on the G-30SF frame and, wa-la...a G-30S...which is a great combination of slim-size...a few (3??) oz lighter...still very accurate...and increases magazine capacity by 4 rounds...a great combination! The great part is it still fits in my G-36 holsters!

Compared to the Glock 21 (Gen II) and Colt 1991A1 Compact .45's I've owned...the G-30S is a better pistol for EDC due to overall size, capacity, and weight!

My recommendation is...go for the Glock 30S...you will NOT be disappointed! It's a great combination of pistols (size, capacity, accuracy, etc.) into, what may probably be, the best overall compact .45 acp platform for EDC!

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    How does shooting the Glock 30 compare to the Glock 21? I previously owned one of those and it was enjoyable to shoot, soft recoil. Hell, my 62 year old Mom liked shooting it.

AngryRooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Outside the coup
    How does shooting the Glock 30 compare to the Glock 21? I previously owned one of those and it was enjoyable to shoot, soft recoil. Hell, my 62 year old Mom liked shooting it.

It's a little more than the 21, but not a whole lot. The main thing I noticed about it was the recoil impulse was different, even compared to the regular 30. Kind of like driving a certain car for years then getting into the exact same model vehicle that belongs to someone else. It's the same, just not as familiar.

If she can handle the 21 without problems then the 30S should be good as well. Maybe even better, since it's a SF it may fit her hand better than the full size.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I conceal carry mine in an OWB Glock 10$ holster. I bought it to hold me over until I could order a Kramer Scabbard, but the dang thing works so well, I've just not been in too big of a hurry to replace it. It holds the gun nice and tight against my side and has just the right amount of retention.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I conceal carry mine in an OWB Glock 10$ holster. I bought it to hold me over until I could order a Kramer Scabbard, but the dang thing works so well, I've just not been in too big of a hurry to replace it. It holds the gun nice and tight against my side and has just the right amount of retention.
    I've used that holster before with similar results.

Dbeasley2771

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 7, 2013
    Greenwood
    Personally, I love the size of the glock 30. It's the ultimate conceal gun IMO. It's comfortable in every position and easily hidden in a vehicle or portable safe.

Fitcop73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2016
    Fort Wayne
    I had a 30s, I found it to be a comfy shooter, but I had pinky extension on the mags and I got pinched on my pinky while shooting because of the gap between the mag well and the pinky extension. Size wise the grip length is similar to the 19, but it's a bit wider. The M&P45c is a nice option as well.

Top Bottom