• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Hey everyone, I finally saved up enough to get my Glock 22C and GTL 22 Laser/light put on layaway at bradis. I have been looking around for night sights and other accessories, I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything to get. Also if anyone has used the Glock lock for the firearm and the case if you could provide details and possible cost? Thanks everyone!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have been looking around for night sights and other accessories, I was wondering if anyone could recommend anything to get.

Night sights are really the only "must have" that I'd recommend for a carry or defensive pistol. After that, it's all gravy. I personally have the factory extended mag catch and slide stop in all my Glocks, as well as a frame plug. Nothing fancy, and no aftermarket parts that replace functional components in the gun.

My :twocents:

Bluehazemay

Modern Pirate Lord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Night sights are really the only "must have" that I'd recommend for a carry or defensive pistol. After that, it's all gravy. I personally have the factory extended mag catch and slide stop in all my Glocks, as well as a frame plug. Nothing fancy, and no aftermarket parts that replace functional components in the gun.

My :twocents:

Sounds like this will be easier, do you have any night sights you would like to recommend? and thanks for the quick post!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    do you have any night sights you would like to recommend?

Full disclosure: I work part-time at Bradis. :)

I use and recommend Meprolight night sights; that's also what we carry in-stock at the shop, although we can certainly special order just about anything you might want. Glock used Mepros and Trijicons interchangeably as factory night sights before they started machining their own sight housings a few years ago (they still use Mepro inserts, though). I vastly prefer the daytime sight picture of the Mepros over the others (I've also owned Trijicon, IWI, Ameriglo and Trilux); at night they pretty much all look like 3 green dots. ;)

HTH!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I second shooter521: only accessories needed are night sights for a bedside table/carry gun. Lights and other razzmatazz are usually relegated to the "unreliable" gun crowd. I see countless Glocks show up at Eagle Creek with dudads and other crazy stuff on them. They jam, fail and otherwise hinder the shooter. Heck, I dont even care for the FACTORY extended stuff or connectors. Lights? Not terribly sure. Good for home, outside of that, meh. Some Glock owners (police) have reported jamming issues with lights attached. They have been solved in a variety of ways (more practice, shorter locking blocks, different recoil springs, different mag springs and followers, etc...). I would not trust a weapon with a light until I have fired lots of ammo through it with the light attached.

Other than that: Cool gun. I would not mind a compensated variant of the Glock 22 one day! :D I just dont like standing next to them during GSSF shoots while holding a timer! (Gawd! My face! :D)

Top Bottom