• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Travis45

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    Albany
    After handling a few, I actually liked the serrations better than I thought I would. The grip is what I don't really care for. It feels like sandpaper. I believe a set of Hogue grips would fix that.

Bluedragon

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Muncie
    After handling a few, I actually liked the serrations better than I thought I would. The grip is what I don't really care for. It feels like sandpaper. I believe a set of Hogue grips would fix that.

+1 the grip texture feels like total crap.:n00b:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    That thing is going to wear out some shirts for sure! :D

The grip is "okay" but really ground up my hand with full power .40 (only 5-10 rounds that the guy let me shoot). While I have ladyfingers, long term shooting would probably not be fun for most. Also, on older glocks (police trade ins and used ones), the nubs get worn down and the surface gets smoother on the older models. Would this wear also not wear down those on the RTF to make it a smooth surface (and probably no good for grip)? Just a longevity issue I am seeing.

I agree about the cocking serrations, they seem to be in the wrong way. The older ones were perfect. If they wanted to do something crazy with the slide, add front cocking serrations that seem popular on "tacticool" pistols (though they tear up holsters after a while).

All in all, jury is still out in my mind. I hope they are still producing the regular frame model for folks.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Just got mine. :D

The grip is GREAT for me. I like it, feels just like the "sand" grip tape that I put on my full size GLOCKs.

I wasn't home 5 minutes, tooks some pics, and then installed a set of Meprolights on it.

G22RTF2003.jpg

G22RTF2010.jpg

G22RTF2014.jpg

G22RTF2011.jpg

G22RTF2015.jpg

G22RTF2.jpg

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I purchased one of these a few months back and returned it the following week. Cabella's hit me for a $25 re-stock fee but it was well worth it.

I took it to the range and put 200 rounds through it and it definately wasn't nice to the hands. I also didnt care for the way it scratched my big belly while CC. Im sure it would have eaten a few shirts to boot. Cabella's did me right .... I complained and they took the weapon back and traded it for a 3rd gen 22!

I do like the way they designed it tho. Now if they can get the grip right they will have a winner on their hands. They also need to catch up with the others (XD,HK) and give us the option of changing out the backstraps.

Just my 2 cents!

Top Bottom