• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I just installed a Docter Optics Red Dot on my Golck 19.
    It has started to have ejection problems.
    Throws brass straight up and back hitting me in the face,stovepiping,or just falls at my feet.
    I am pretty sure the extra weight has slowed the slide down.
    Any recommendations what reduced spring to try?
    Midway shows 18 to be factory weight with a 15 and a 17 available.
    When using the Wolfe spring do you use the factory guide rod?
    Thanks in advance
    Chip

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hmmm... That is interesting. The weight of a Doctor sight should not even come close to effecting how a G19 cycles.

What guide rod and spring are you using now? Did this G19 run without problems before you installed the Doctor sight? Are you using a new or different type of ammo?

Wolff springs must be used with an aftermarket guide rod.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    I think the lowest weight you can purchase for the G19 is 13#. You only want to use the lightest recoil sping you can get away with ie don't use a 13 if 15 works fine. Matt is right, the aftermarket springs usually require an aftermarket guide rod. Good luck!

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Hmmm... I would try new ammo before I tinkered with springs. I would also try all my magazines to see if there is an issue with one of them.

If you must tinker with springs, I think Wolff sells a recoil spring calibration pack which allows you to try several different spring weights. Glockmeister sells a reasonably priced steel guide rod. I like the non-captured models since they are much less complex (an extra screw and washer in a place you don't want them), but they do take some getting used to (they can be tricky to push into place against spring pressure).

Also, after a bit of research it seems Glocks can eject straight back for a number of reasons. One is limp wristing which I will assume you are not doing (but the extra slide mass will require a grip with locked wrists). Another is a combo of wear on the ejector and extractor. Those two parts may need to be replaced.

How old is this G19 and approx. how many rounds through it?

Last edited:

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    I guess the only guidance that I can offer is try different ammo. I have had issues with WWB in the past but I still use it for range ammo. Also, see if you can trace the problems to one specific magazine. Do you only use OEM mags?

Chippp1961

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    OEM mags only
    will try some different ammo just to rule it out but have had no trouble with WWB in any of my Glocks,Sigs or Uzi and I have shot thousands of rounds of it.
    Thanks for the advice

matthewdanger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Best of luck. I hate it when things like this happen.

If you can rule out magazines and ammo, then I guess it is time to try the recoil spring.

Top Bottom