• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    We all know that floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, and blizzards are all the result of global warming. Now, we have children starving due to snow. Their schools are shut down and they can't get their to get their free government cheese.

Jconline - Snow days deprive many students of food

These people that think kids are starving to death because the only meal the kids ever get is at school are freaking idiots. What do these idiots think these kids are eating over summer break?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Has anyone from the J&C or USA Today gone outside and looked at the kids today? Maybe go to a mall or just walk around and look at kids?

Starving to death? Pffft, they are all nearly famine proof!:D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    OK according to the article the kids only get 1 nutritious meal a day, that being the "free or reduced cost" school lunch. Then what happens when they go on Christmas break? Or Easter break? Or Summer break? IF THE ARTICLE WERE TRUE to the extent it portrays, you'd have to logically think that many of those children would die of starvation over that 3 month long summer break, right?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    OK according to the article the kids only get 1 nutritious meal a day, that being the "free or reduced cost" school lunch. Then what happens when they go on Christmas break? Or Easter break? Or Summer break? IF THE ARTICLE WERE TRUE to the extent it portrays, you'd have to logically think that many of those children would die of starvation over that 3 month long summer break, right?

You'd think but this is just more "think of the children" emotional bs.

I'm pretty hard hearted when it comes to charity but I'd never let a kid go hungry. If you brought your family to my door and asked for food, I'd at least feed your kids. If you're a douche, I'll make you wait out on the porch while I feed your kids. If you come to me offering to work for a meal for your family, I'll find something for you to do while I fill your bellies and send some food with you. My sense of charity is directly proportional to your sense of entitlement to it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I agree, those parents are negligent, but it is true and does happen more than you think. A lot of kids go hungry if they don't get a meal at the schools. A couple of examples, some schools do a summer reading program, sponsored by the government. Schools bring the kids in to schools encouraging them to continue reading over the summer, and they feed them breakfast and sometimes lunch, too.
    One two hour delay, a kid was eating paper. I asked him why. He said he was hungry. The school didn't serve breakfast on delays, and he said his parents wouldn't feed him it was the school's responsibility. :xmad:

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    When are you people going to admit that hungry children caused by irresponsible parenting, caused by school closures, caused by excessive snow, caused by global warming, is all Bush's fault. Will you never learn. Oh the children!

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    It's going to get harder to blame stuff on GW anymore:

THE GREAT CLIMATE CHANGE RETREAT

THERE has been no global warming for 15 years, a key scientist admitted yesterday in a major U-turn.

Professor Phil Jones, who is at the centre of the “Climategate” affair, conceded that there has been no “statistically significant” rise in temperatures since 1995.
    The admission comes as new research casts serious doubt on temperature records collected around the world and used to support the global warming theory.
    Researchers said yesterday that warming recorded by weather stations was often caused by local factors rather than global change.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I agree, those parents are negligent, but it is true and does happen more than you think. A lot of kids go hungry if they don't get a meal at the schools. A couple of examples, some schools do a summer reading program, sponsored by the government. Schools bring the kids in to schools encouraging them to continue reading over the summer, and they feed them breakfast and sometimes lunch, too.
    One two hour delay, a kid was eating paper. I asked him why. He said he was hungry. The school didn't serve breakfast on delays, and he said his parents wouldn't feed him it was the school's responsibility. :xmad:

I don't disagree that there are children who 90% or more of their food intake is from school food. But I'd be willing to bet you that of those few children out there, there is at least a 90% likelihood that their parent(s) are smokers, drunks, druggies or all the above.

If these kids truly aren't getting food other than from schools, where is child protective services at? You know these worthless parents are eating somewhere. If the parents aren't feeding their children then they aren't fit to be parents and should be drug out into the street to be shot.

I'm fed up with these parents who treat their children like subjects or second class citizens. You know who these parents are. You see them in Walmart and everywhere else dressed up nicely while their kids are filthy and in rags. My daughter is my equal, f that, my superior when it comes to daily needs. IE, food, clothing, and shelter.

If I had to get food for my daughter, I'd pick the toilet paper lint out of your crack with my teeth before I'd let her starve. WTF are these parents sending their kids to school for their only meal?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    In a fog
    I don't disagree that there are children who 90% or more of their food intake is from school food. But I'd be willing to bet you that of those few children out there, there is at least a 90% likelihood that their parent(s) are smokers, drunks, druggies or all the above.

If these kids truly aren't getting food other than from schools, where is child protective services at? You know these worthless parents are eating somewhere. If the parents aren't feeding their children then they aren't fit to be parents and should be drug out into the street to be shot.

I'm fed up with these parents who treat their children like subjects or second class citizens. You know who these parents are. You see them in Walmart and everywhere else dressed up nicely while their kids are filthy and in rags. My daughter is my equal, f that, my superior when it comes to daily needs. IE, food, clothing, and shelter.

If I had to get food for my daughter, I'd pick the toilet paper lint out of your crack with my teeth before I'd let her starve. WTF are these parents sending their kids to school for their only meal?
    We wouldn't have this problem if more people felt like you did about their children, but we have enabled them so long, they don't care. I don't have an answer, I wish I did. BTW, you aren't gettin' near my crack, but I got a driveway you could shovel. :D

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    We wouldn't have this problem if more people felt like you did about their children, but we have enabled them so long, they don't care. I don't have an answer, I wish I did. BTW, you aren't gettin' near my crack, but I got a driveway you could shovel. :D
    My driveway has cracks does that count?
    Seriously, the only way I can see to fix this is some method of weaning people from the public tit. It will never happen as long as we keep electing politicians who are willing to keep using our money to enslave the poor for votes.

apovinelli

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2010
    Indy
    Why do we have to blaim something or someone for everything that happens? Why cant we just go with the flow and deal with it as it comes. I work around a very liberal group of people and all they talk about is how global warming is ruining the olympics because its warmer in Canada than it should be. I bite my tounge...

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Man, these global warming nutbags just keep making themselves sound more and more incredibly stupid.

I hope they keep spouting off their nonsense, the more quotes that are attached to each person, the less likely they will be given merit in the future.

Spot the cowards and expose them for what they are.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Use a little logic, for goodness sake.

Premise: The government is the solution to every problem.
    Premise: Only the government can solve our problems.
    Premise: Some kids don't get enough to eat.
    Conclusion: No kid ever gets enough to eat unless the government feeds them.

I'm surprised you can't understand that simple progression.

It's going to get harder to blame stuff on GW anymore:

THE GREAT CLIMATE CHANGE RETREAT

THERE has been no global warming for 15 years, a key scientist admitted yesterday in a major U-turn.

Professor Phil Jones, who is at the centre of the “Climategate” affair, conceded that there has been no “statistically significant” rise in temperatures since 1995.
    The admission comes as new research casts serious doubt on temperature records collected around the world and used to support the global warming theory.
    Researchers said yesterday that warming recorded by weather stations was often caused by local factors rather than global change.

Again, a little logic:

Premise: Democrats are responsible for everything good.
    Premise: Republicans, and particularly Dubya are responsible for everything bad.
    Conclusion: Global warming is caused by Republicans.
    New information: No global warming in 15 years.
    New conclusion: The Democrats, and particularly BC, solved global warming!

Kind of like the "homeless" problem disappears under every Democrat President, and reappears under every Republican.

Top Bottom