• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I get junk mail all the time and since I registered to vote a few years back on a Democratic website, they apparantly gave my e-mail address out to every slimeball in the party. I ususally junk ignore or delete them, but I opened this one tonight because of the catchy title. ------------------

August 28th is an important day in American history. On that day, forty-seven years ago, Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his famous "I Have a Dream Speech" at the Lincoln Memorial. His message gave voice to the voiceless and his vision promoted a just, equal, diverse and compassionate country.

This year, a very different message is going to be spread from the very ground on which King once stood. Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin will hold a rally at the Lincoln Memorial.

The racist, raging and hate-filled tenor of Beck, Palin and the Tea Party movement is in direct contrast to the noble vision of Dr. King. We cannot sit idly by and let King's vision and legacy be hijacked for political purposes.

Dr. King once declared that "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter".

We will not be silent on this matter. Honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr's struggle for a just and equal America.

Sign our pledge and leave a comment to commit to stand with his vision, and against Beck's hate, on August 28th.

Joining us in this effort are our friends at Alternet, Credo, Celebrate the Dream, Campaign for America's Future, Media Matters for America, True Majority, PowerPAC and Progress Now.

Let's stand together as a collective voice against those who wish to hijack history.

Yours,
    Robert Greenwald and the Brave New Foundation team

-------------------------------------------------------------

I had no idea that Glenn Beck, Palin and the entire Tea party were just a bunch of rally-holding hate-filled racists who need to be silenced and stopped. How American, Robert Greenwald, whoever that is.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    I signed their petition under the name U Suck. E-mail address: yousuck@lot.com haha

"Support the entire Constitution for everyone, not just you and your ilk. Freedom of Speech for all Americans, not just Democratic Party members!"

That was my comment.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    "Robert Greenwald"??? Meet Les Grossman
    Grossman.jpg
    , he's a fictional character played by Tom Cruise, obviously displaying the typical communist hollywood Elites.

And here is the voice of people who obvious know what is right for you.
    bnfteam2.jpg

Meet the Brave New Films Team

Fellas, I must encourage you guys to read this idiots "About me". This guy is a grade A Hollywood Communist, and very sterotypical at that.

There is NOTHING racist about Palin, or Beck, coming from um... uh... Well, you know. He may not be PC, but that guy is far from a Racist, and perhaps does a grave injustice with the itty bitty half truths he says.

I think I'd rather have that communist, Martin Loser King, speaking, than Mr. *Butthead* Beck, & *Poking* Palin and this horrible facade of America "Waking up", with typical neocon crap agenda.

I have half the mind to call Liberals and Communist ilk racist intolerant bigots...... Against Traditionalist.

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    What, exactly, do you have against the restoration of honor in this country? Do you really think we are OK? Why don't you try watching one of Glenn's shows and determine for yourself if he is a hate monger? You are just spewing the talking points for those who would enslave all of us with their Marxist ideology. Come on friend, the time for ignorance is long past. You have to educate yourself.

hoosieridentity

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    rural Allen County
    I would add that I do believe more people are waking up(daily) to the evils of Marxism or whatever name they want to hide behind this month. I don't believe this is going to change anytime soon, nor do I believe this momentum will wane. They(Marxists) know this, and are scared.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wonder how the wack jobs feel about MLK's niece being there with Glen and speaking. I bet it makes their heads explode.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I wonder how the wack jobs feel about MLK's niece being there with Glen and speaking. I bet it makes their heads explode.

Yeah, the rally has the support of Alveda King. Funny how they fail to mention that eh?

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    "Brave New Foundation"

Don't know about you all, but I've read a Brave New World. I dont' want any. You can shove your Soma up your..... well you get the idea.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I saw a few minutes last night and GB said that "Roots Magazine" voted him the blackest white guy in the country and that he has done more to damage racial discrimination in politics than anyone else in years. Merely an observation. I think he plays it up a bit much.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't know the guy (Beck) and I don't watch any of the political entertainment shows, but the guy has the right to speak on any day of the year. Alveda King should support that right and anything else he has to say that she agrees with. Many have their own reasons for not liking Dr. King, but as people go, I rank him high when it comes to his commitment for equality for all.

I do find it ironic that Beck is fighting for civil rights and has disallowed any signs at his rally. I know many solid people who support the tea party and I can't understand why he would stop everyone from exercising their 1A rights, just because there will be a few that take things too far with the images they choose to display.

I'm interested to hear what he says. Hopefully, it won't be the everyday finger-pointing that politicians tend to do. I would love to hear some solutions and not just accusations and another exercise of the blame game.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I do find it ironic that Beck is fighting for civil rights and has disallowed any signs at his rally. I know many solid people who support the tea party and I can't understand why he would stop everyone from exercising their 1A rights, just because there will be a few that take things too far with the images they choose to display.

I don't think he said you can't bring them, rather please don't bring them.

The media will find 1 guy with 1 sign that says "obama is hitler" and they
    will loop that and not show anything else, the media narrative will be
    "Look at all these wackos that Beck has brought to the capitol."

Same stuff the media pulled on the Tea Party rallies. :twocents:

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    I don't think he said you can't bring them, rather please don't bring them.

The media will find 1 guy with 1 sign that says "obama is hitler" and they
    will loop that and not show anything else, the media narrative will be
    "Look at all these wackos that Beck has brought to the capitol."

Same stuff the media pulled on the Tea Party rallies. :twocents:

Yep. I think Beck's reason behind it was because he said the media would label them as "hate mongers". They would choose which signs they would show on the 6 o'clock news and it would portray the event in a negative light.

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Yep. I think Beck's reason behind it was because he said the media would label them as "hate mongers". They would choose which signs they would show on the 6 o'clock news and it would portray the event in a negative light.

In addition, signs make it difficult for those in the back to see.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I think you guy's got it right as to why he didn't want signs. If you show up and a few people act crazy or wakko, that's what the media will focus on.

If EVERYONE shows up and acts civil, then they have a much harder time making it look like a bunch of crazy nutjobs.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    (INDY-BRipple)
    John, if this was directed at me..

What, exactly, do you have against the restoration of honor in this country?

Because I dont think Glenn Beck, Palin and other neocons are sincere, they dont exactly have a history.
    I do note, that GB has done a number on waking folks up, but in reality, it does not good to simply do as little as he's done.

Do you really think we are OK?

:laugh: I dont think we've been "OK" for a long time, and certainly not following the voice OF THE PEOPLE.

Why don't you try watching one of Glenn's shows and determine for yourself if he is a hate monger?

I have. I think he's a drama queen.. Crying more than my daughter. He needs a man slap so he start acting like a man, instead of a whiny, pathetic talking head.

Glenn Beck is as far from a "hate monger" as he could be. Trust me, he may be enjoyed because he tells some truth in an unPC method, but trust me... He's NOT.

I hope this means something.

You are just spewing the talking points for those who would enslave all of us with their Marxist ideology.

I think the talking points "IM" spewing would be from the ideology that would free you from Marxism, Communism and degeratecy.

Beck, Palin are not FOR THE PEOPLE. They are NeoCon (Communist Elites playing Conservative) show folks; Clowns, pawns, puppets.

Obama is the open Communist, Bush is the closet Communist. Both Parties are unfortunately the same.

We must not support either. They are enemies to America. We must support the indivduals who seek to better America. One of the major ones I can think of is Jan Brewer.

We need more people like you, me and the average INGOer in Office. People who will not accept Special interest over American interest.

Come on friend, the time for ignorance is long past. You have to educate yourself.[/quote]

I don't know the guy (Beck) and I don't watch any of the political entertainment shows, but the guy has the right to speak on any day of the year.

You are not missing much. Unless you want to see some overgrown he-girl crying.

Alveda King should support that right and anything else he has to say that she agrees with. Many have their own reasons for not liking Dr. King, but as people go, I rank him high when it comes to his commitment for equality for all.

:)

I do find it ironic that Beck is fighting for civil rights and has disallowed any signs at his rally.

lol brother brother brother.... :laugh: Beck isnt fighting for anyones rights.

He's there, just Palin is there to direct and control American Mob anger.

I know many solid people who support the tea party and I can't understand why he would stop everyone from exercising their 1A rights, just because there will be a few that take things too far with the images they choose to display.

Ironic, indeed. Mr. Beck, Founding Beck doesnt like 1A? What is he and his ilk scared of?

I'm interested to hear what he says. Hopefully, it won't be the everyday finger-pointing that politicians tend to do.

It will be. It will be incredibly dramatic, and it will essentially waste time.

Look at the Tea Party movement which gained over a 1 million people marching on D.C. - NOTHING CAME OF IT, NOTHING.

I would love to hear some solutions and not just accusations and another exercise of the blame game.

What can be done... :dunno:

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Nordicheathen-My remarks were not directed at you, but rather the initiator of this thread. I agree with most of what you said, but not all. It is true that what you term "Communist" forces are on both sides of the aisle. They used to call themselves Progressives, then Liberals, now they are using Moderate so as not to frighten anyone. We have spent over 100 years leaving our Constitutional roots and we aren't going to get back to them overnight. But Glenn has done more to help with that than any elected official in recent years. Hanity, Levin, and Rush have spearheaded the movement, but Glenn is doing to Libertarianism what Obama is doing to Progressivism. You consider him a Drama Queen where I see a man genuinely worried about the country his children will inherit. The reason he does not want signs this weekend is because the rally is strictly about restoring honor. Glenn realizes, as do I, that the problems facing our country today are not because of the politicians, but rather because we voters have not kept the faith and have re-elected bad actors cycle after cycle. Mark Souder, Evan BAyh, and Richard Lugar come to mind here in Indiana. Your reply had more thought in it than did the original poster, however, I still think you are missing Glenn's main point, which is: Our problems are greater than we can solve, we need to get back to a God centered life which includes Faith, Hope, and Charity, the fundamentals of Honor. God be with you, my friend!

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Beck talked about the "Human Race" that all of us are, meaning white, black...we are all the human race...some people took this an spun it an called Beck a racist for his remarks. Alveda King said this was wrong beause Beck was saying pretty much saying what her Uncle had said, so why is King right an Beck wrong...? I just found out that her Dad had been killed, didn't know this, glad she will be their with Beck to show her support for all in the "Human Race."

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant: It's that they know so much that isn't true." Ronald Reagan

Top Bottom