Giffords - on Behalf of Philadelphia - Files Lawsuits with JSD Supply and Polymer80

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Sad that on a gun forum there are those defending infringement…
    I agree, but also good to have open discussion and unlike some political factions, I generally don't embrace just shouting someone down. Would rather have a good, logical discussion, and just maybe some may think about their stance and possibly reconsider some of their views.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Here are some news articles regarding this issue.

First, it looks like Gifford's group is doing co-counsel work, not running the thing.

Second, if Polymer80 & JSD aren't really firearms manufacturers then what do we care? They aren't legally protected, right...?

I get what they (Poly&JSD) are doing but it does sound like they're trying to skirt the law. It would analogous to me opening a business that offers savings accounts, checking accounts, loans, and other financial services but NOT calling myself a bank or credit union so I can thumb my nose at state and federal banking laws. A hard sell.

Third, it does seem (not taking sides here) that there has been a significant increase in ghost guns being used in crimes. Good marketing or word of mouth, but a measurable increase. The popularity seems to be catching on.

My question would start with the receiver. It is my understanding that this would be the legal crux of what a "firearm" is and whether they ship one. If so that could be problematic.

Anywho's, here cometh the the news.

Regards,

Doug
    Be careful what you're willing to allow. Magazine manufacturers and many optic manufacturers are not firearms manufacturers, either. If they can successfully bankrupt these manufacturers, why wouldn't they move on to other segments of the firearms industry

"We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Top Bottom