• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I don't know how many of you frequent Army/Navy stores for clothing or military surplus, but I have had very good luck with this store. Most of the stores that I have previously been inside tended to be very small, not carrying much stock of any kind. This place has not only the standard BDU pants and command hats but a lot of coats (leather with service patches, military surplus coats, etc.), customized tshirts, all kinds of rucksacks, ALICE frames, snow boots, combat boots, etc.

The special that I bought myself for a belated Christmas present today was a spotting scope kit in a lockable aluminum case with a monocular, 10X50 binoculars, 20X60X60 spotting scope, tripod for the scope and covers for all the scopes, all for $119.00.

He has a few low quality knives, no firearms related items.

If you're in the area, you might check them out.

GI Joes
    Wells street near 6th street
    Ft. Wayne, Indiana

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    It sure is a nice place. the only thing i dont like about them is that sometimes they overwatch the people shopping to make sure they arent pocketing anything.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    You could be right. I've been in there with my son and wife three times over the last four months and haven't encountered that. I coked and joked with them at the front counter for a bit each time and they pretty much left me alone as I wandered from room to room. Maybe I caught them on good days?

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    well, since im from here i used to go when i was 16-17 or so with 3-4 buddies at one time. Its not as bad for me now since im MUCH older ;)

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    I was setting up my Army greens for my friend's wedding (after some alteration!) and they were very helpful. I've bought a few things from there with no problem. They do tend to keep an eye on you, but with the stuff they have scattered around, I don't blame them.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I picked up an IBA with all the soft panels for $65 bucks from there. Groin, shoulder, and neck protection. Used but overall good shape. The armor was made in 2005.

Now they stressed to me that the vest did NOT include the plates.

Ha, Ha, I think they thought they were selling the carrier only and not the soft armor.

clickclickboom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    +1

When I was a teen I stopped in there a lot on the trips to ft wayne. Don't get there much now that I moved, but the prices were always fair.

Top Bottom