German 8mm G43 Semi...what can you tell me?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhayse32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I have an 8mm German Rifle. It has G43 duv marked on the barrell along with several other emblems/markings. I have searched and found SOME info, but I was hoping someone on here can tell me a little more about this gun. Most 8mm Mauser like this are bolt action, mine is a semi-auto. Any idea what it could be worth?

Last edited:

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    Price depends on the condition of these type WWII German Rifles.
    Check for any 3 letter codes on the receiver and I can tell you more.
    The duv stands for Berliner-Luebecker Maschinenfabrik, which is the company that made the barrel.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Were there any issues with the saftey of these rifles?

I've heard of "shooters kits" for these rifles to make them "safe". I didn't know if this was gun shop talk or not.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Any where from $600 if it's been Bubba to over $2K w/ bring back papers. Condition and orginality is everything for getting a high dollar amount for these rifles.

builder_one

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'm very envious of you. FYI, I've read a lot of responses about these rifles saying the receiver will be beaten out of spec after enough shooting unless you purchase a special buffer for it (perhaps just interweb lore though, I can't speak from actual experience).

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    so jealous. i would love one of those. ive only ever seen one in person and the price ($3,400) was sickening and just about crushed my hopes and dreams..

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    seen one sell at the 1500 for 5,000. my buddy just bought a k43 for 3,000.
    if its in good condition there worth a lot man.
    the k98 was bolt action, the g43/k43 was semi auto, late war makes if i recall correctly.
    i dont know anything about them not being safe to shoot.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    At one time I had twenty different k43/g43 rifles. All were different varieties by date code, year, and markings. I remember paying $175 for my first one in 1982, and thinking that it was expensive. Sacra had them for years in the $300 price range. Mags were $15-20, and it was not uncommon to get 5-10 mags with a rifle when you purchased it. Now the mags are $90-150, and the rifles are $900-$4000. The average unmolested rifle is worth about $2000. The shooters kits are NOT necessary, but you do need to occasionally change the springs. Thet are a blast to shoot, pardon the pun.

dhayse32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I haven't had time to get any pics of the gun or the numbers off of it, but I will do my best in the next few days. The gun is in OK shape. It is not brand new by any means, but it isn't scrap metal either. I have never shot it but my dad said it is a beast...might have to test it out this spring.

rhino1303

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    The G43 was called Hitlers Garand, It was rushed into production as a rifle to match the Garand. US had the advantage of a semi auto 8 round rifle, while the Germans were using a bolt action K98's. Something had to give, so the G43 was born. If your rifle is matching numbers that greatly increases the value. Condition plays a role, but I would say that it's safe to say that it's worth some money, much more than a K98. If you would like to sell it get ahold of me.

dhayse32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Been a while but I FINALLY had someone look at the gun.

All numbers match on the gun, which is nice. It does need a spring kit that would run approx $200, something with the gas return. We were quoted a price with and without the fix...and we have decided to either sell or trade the gun for a few pistols or maybe a combo with a rifle or ammo...Going to post an ad in the classifieds soon...

Thanks everyone for the info!

Top Bottom