• ...and so much more!
  • cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I'm holding out for the XDm version. :P

EDIT: Should have read the article first: "As of now, the Gen.2 will be built in the Glock 17/22 pattern, but it will be available with Smith & Wesson M&P, and Springfield Armory XDM pattern magazine wells, too."

EDIT 2: "The barrel is threaded to 1/2×28 for use with a suppressor. The front sight will need to be removed before a suppressor can be secured the gun." Why not just move the sight back or the barrel out a little so you don't have to take it off! :(

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I liked the idea of the original Sub 2000 being a foldable carbine that accepted common mags in centerfire, but it always looked and felt cheap to me. The Gen 2 looks much much better and has me pondering picking one up, also digging the CMR30.

Last edited:

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Even better news from the video posted by Bucky623: the redesign will speed up the manufacturing process. They might be able to crank these out in sufficient volume to meet demand.

dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Keltec is the most innovative gun maker today. Hopefully it will be able to ramp up production on some of these really cool models

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    For sale or trade: highly collectible Gen 1 Sub2K in Glock 17 configuration. Would like $1000 but for INGO members I would take $799.00. Shipping included.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Holding out for a .45 version that takes Glock mags. I can dream right?
    If Magpul makes G21 mags then a .45 Keltec would be great. I have never looked closely at all variations but odds are all current versions use the same base parts. A .45 would probably require new molds and tooling.

I am done waiting on a dream .45, got a 9" .300 blk, the new .45 carbine.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Keltec is the most innovative gun maker today. Hopefully it will be able to ramp up production on some of these really cool models

Kel-Tec needs to spend less time "innovating" and more time actually building guns. The PMR30 and SUB2000 have been out for years now but are still incredibly hard to come by. I saw the prototype for the CMR rifle (then called the RMR-30) at SHOT Show in *2011*. Probably be ready in a couple more weeks. :rolleyes: Then they unveiled two new designs in January of last year (RDB and M43) , but to my knowledge haven't built a single one of either yet. I'm finding it really hard to get excited about vaporware. :dunno:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Kel-Tec needs to spend less time "innovating" and more time actually building guns. The PMR30 and SUB2000 have been out for years now but are still incredibly hard to come by. I saw the prototype for the CMR rifle (then called the RMR-30) at SHOT Show in *2011*. Probably be ready in a couple more weeks. :rolleyes: Then they unveiled two new designs in January of last year (RDB and M43) , but to my knowledge haven't built a single one of either yet. I'm finding it really hard to get excited about vaporware. :dunno:

Hit the nail right on the head. Gee if they could produce more than a couple of guns a month the darn things would be easier to find and I believe cheaper. I would never pay the going price for one of the Sub 2000 right now, or more than likely ever.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Yeah, back in 06-07 a person could walk in a gun shop and buy Sub2k right off the rack. It is interesting to watch that video link above when they talk about how they have to remove flashing by hand. Then again I get that having watched some of their stuff being made up here. By trying to go "cheap" they ass end themselves in the long run. Looks like they learned that if what he is saying is true. Basically spending 5x more on the molds up front will allow them more capacity.

pmorriso

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Columbus, IN
    It would be pretty slick if they got rid of the plastic molds and went back to using the Sub 9 design with introduction of a better cheek weld and red lion precision "like" parts from the factory. Then it might be worth paying what all of the gougers are wanting. That being said I have owned both the .40 and 9mm sub2000 models and they take a pretty good beating. It's a good truck gun if you can pick one up cheap.

Top Bottom