Gay Organizations Pushing Kindergarten Sex Education Agenda?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    People in this country enjoy the freedom to be homosexual and live their lifestyle without persecution. That is tolerance.

Allowing two people of the same sex go get "married" requires acceptance. This is where I see a difference. Tolerance is apparently not enough for some. I believe people should have the right to not accept homosexuality as natural, normal or whatever, regardless of how I feel about it.

we're circling back around on that post. i've been married, and indeed divorced. divorce itself would be considered a crime against nature. marriage is a ceremony, which anyone can perform, and a legal status. my complaint on that matter, is why the government has any say so in it whatsoever.

the question i would ask on that term, would be what does marriage mean? an everlasting bond between two individuals that love one another yes?

not saying this is your argument, but given the divorce rate is about half, the whole 'sanctity of marriage' thing goes right out the window real fast.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Obviously marriage means different things to different people. I'm on my third so unlikely to be considered qualified as a subject matter expert, at least not on doing it right. I'm trying like hell this time around though. :)

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    Since I am coming up on my 34th anniversary married to the same woman I guess I am a bit of an expert on the institution of marriage. Although we were married in a church, I have always been a firm believer that marriage is a state of mind. Not a legal status. It's the federal govt. that is all tied in knots about what is or isn't a legal marriage. If two people are in what they view as love and want to live together, then so be it. Not anyone's issue but theirs. Personally from a tax perspective, all taxpayers should be put on the same level regardless of whether they are married or not. The tax and insurance implications are why the gays are all up in the air about getting legally married.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    School should be reading writing science and math,nothing else ,we at home teach them all else, no they teach liberal crap. My daughter was in a english clas ,the teacher was going on and on about gun control,daughter stood up and ripped her butt on facts AND the fact she shoots,hunts and got a standing applause. teacher was speachless .that was at Ball State

Last edited:

Zachary8328

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Well that's very disturbing to think that they're trying to teach kids sex Ed in first grade. I don't think that's a good age for that topic.

Dixiejack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Madison
    Well that's very disturbing to think that they're trying to teach kids sex Ed in first grade. I don't think that's a good age for that topic.

Having spent a number of years in education (from elementary school to post secondary education) I agree with you. 1st, there is no cut and dry way to teach sex Ed. 2nd, kids mature at different levels. 3rd, a lot of parents prefer to avoid the subject and would prefer that their kids learn from "experts" in the school who do not know how to teach sex Ed. 4th, the information the kids receive are from government (say school board) mandated text books who are written by heterosexual and homosexual "experts". 5th, kids learn from other kids who have experimented or repeated what they learn from TV programs, sex orientated magazines, or the internet.

All that to say, there is no right way to teach sex Ed. I would think that the most important information children should receive is how to prevent unwanted pregnancies and how to prevent sexual related diseases.

I also feel that parents should be taking the sex Ed classes so they can teach their children how and why to make the right choice when it comes to sexual activities and preference.

I'm 68 y.o. and I grew up during the time when Playboy, 8mm movies, and making out in the back seat at the local drive-in was our sex Ed. Homosexuals were still in the closet and the media avoided such issues. The closet doors opened, single mothers were being supported by the government (remember welfare--more kids, more money), and the media found another way to get rich.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Call me what you want, you've proven your worth in this thread already stud.

Gays creating a crisis because a cookie company won't make them cupcakes "because they are gay" is ridiculous. My homosexual friends and family don't do ignorant **** like that.

You want to grant them special favor, go right ahead. You want to take your kids to their parade where they walk down the street wearing chaps with their bare asses hanging out and costumes with huge cocks hanging off of them, be my guest. They'll earn no favor from me and I'll make no apologies for it. I have no problem explaining that homosexuality isn't evil to my kids. I won't attempt to justify that kind of stupid ****.

Do whatever it takes to further your cause. The truth is irrelevant.

Repped.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    A couple comments of varying applicability:

-- Don't preach to me about tolerance while rubbing my face in something I find offensive. No one is suggesting a Salem Witch Trials to "get all those evil fornicators." The gay lobby already HAD tolerance. That wasn't enough for them. They wanted *endorsement*. They wanted sanction. They want normalization. They want the re-definition Western modernism and the abolition of the Judeo-Christian family model.

-- Discrimination is being redefined. Discriminating against someone is simply failing to discriminate enough on their behalf. What, you only gave four race-based preference on college admissions? This discriminatory. You only have one handicapped parking space? That's discriminatory. See that? The assumption is that some group is MORE entitled to something, and when things are merely equal, they are therefore "discriminatory."

-- The contemptible appropriation of the word "hate" is self-fulfilling because I HATE that word used in that context. No one can object to homosexuality on principle? Traditional values holders are the moral equivalent of skinheads and white supremacists? According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, you might be a hate group of you are a global warming skeptic.

-- Every movement to redefine a society focuses on the youth. This is why Old Testament kings would take the best boys from conquered tribes and raise them in the king's court as if they were part of the victors. Rub out the former identity, give a new one. If you want to indoctrinate society to accept homosexuality, you start with the kids. The others will die off and you need not worry much about them.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    People in this country enjoy the freedom to be homosexual and live their lifestyle without persecution. That is tolerance.

Allowing two people of the same sex go get "married" requires acceptance. This is where I see a difference. Tolerance is apparently not enough for some. I believe people should have the right to not accept homosexuality as natural, normal or whatever, regardless of how I feel about it.

I agree with you on a great many things, but this post I must disagree with. Think of how, not to long ago, there were laws in many states forbidding interracial couples from marrying. Then, their relationships were widely considered "un-natural," and "immoral."

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    A couple comments of varying applicability:

-- Don't preach to me about tolerance while rubbing my face in something I find offensive. No one is suggesting a Salem Witch Trials to "get all those evil fornicators." The gay lobby already HAD tolerance. That wasn't enough for them. They wanted *endorsement*. They wanted sanction. They want normalization. They want re-definition Western modernism and the abolition of the Judeo-Christian family model.

-- Discrimination is being redefined. Discriminating against someone is simply failing to discriminate enough on their behalf. What, you only gave four race-based preference on college admissions? This discriminatory. You only have one handicapped parking space? That's discriminatory. See that? The assumption is that some group is MORE entitled to something, and when things are merely equal, they are therefore "discriminatory."

-- The contemptible appropriation of the word "hate" is self-fulfilling because I HATE that word used in that context. No one can object to homosexuality on principle? Traditional values holders are the moral equivalent of skinheads and white supremacists? According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, you might be a hate group of you are a global warming skeptic.

-- Every movement to redefine a society focuses on the youth. This is why Old Testament kings would take the best boys from conquered tribes and raise them in the king's court as if they were part of the victors. Rub out the former identity, give a new one. If you want to indoctrinate society to accept homosexuality, you start with the kids. The others will die off and you need not worry much about them.

Repped! THAT's why EVERYTHING is about the kids. It brings the parents along on things like GUN CONTROL, it indoctrinates the chitlins at the youngest levels in the gubmint schrools and the Prog/Libs have virtually taken over the education and News industries to make sure that they have the upper hand in the information venues.

Now, I can certainly accept that there are those that prefer the gay life. Whether they are truly predisposed to it or just prefer it. But don't try to tell me that it is normal and natural. It isn't. And proclaiming that it is over and over until the end of time won't make it so. If that is how an individual prefers to live their life, okay fine. I can and do accept that. But I don't have to condone it. And I certainly don't have to teach my kids that something is normal that isn't. And it DEFINITELY IS NOT the place of the government to assume that authority for it's self.

Besides, at the age of 5 or so kids have no frame of reference or the emotional capacity to understand what the he11 the subject matter is about, let alone what the moral issues and ramifications of the subject are. It is nothing more than indoctrination, pure and simple.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County

if one were to walk into a roughneck bar farting glitter, he'd be run out.

if another wandered into an upscale black tie joint while OCing, he'd be run out.

Now I've been watching your posts in this thread and I agree with you on a couple of points and disagree on most. HOWEVER, the highlighted line above had me rolling while painting a HI-larious picture. I don't think he would get run out though. The place would be too stunned to act and he will have skipped out on his merry way long before they recovered. :D:D:D

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Frankly, I don't care if they are "born that way" or not, because it really boils down to behavior and impulse control.

There is some evidence that alcoholism is partially inherited. I wouldn't take the position that someone's alcoholism is OK because they inherited a tendency. Nor would I excuse a bad temper just because "he's Irish" or however that goes.

There are those for whom speaking without sounding like a potty mouth is a real struggle. For others, there is little to no difficulty.

The point?

I don't care where you start from in terms of what your particular temptations are. We can still set standards of behavior and hold people accountable to them. My temptations are not yours necessarily. But we are still obliged to exercise some self-control and not just be creatures of impulse.

What is a creature of impulse? An animal. The ability to reason and control our impulses is one of the things that makes us uniquely human. Once we head down the path of "I was born that way" then we might as well be lions talking about killing zebras.

dragun762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Why does it matter who is pushing sex ed for elementary students. the real question is how young is to young. imo sex ed does not belong in elementary schools at all. A 5yr old doesnt care if your gay, straight, or bi. And shouldnt the parents have "the talk" when they feel their child is ready? We need to stop relying on the schools to teach our kids things that are best taught by the parents. these are our children not theirs.

But on the other side, with all the sexual content being displayed on television today maybe my thinking is outdated.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Why does it matter who is pushing sex ed for elementary students. the real question is how young is to young. imo sex ed does not belong in elementary schools at all. A 5yr old doesnt care if your gay, straight, or bi. And shouldnt the parents have "the talk" when they feel their child is ready? We need to stop relying on the schools to teach our kids things that are best taught by the parents. these are our children not theirs.

But on the other side, with all the sexual content being displayed on television today maybe my thinking is outdated.
    Not really because you can control the TV in your house as wel.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Frankly, I don't care if they are "born that way" or not, because it really boils down to behavior and impulse control.

There is some evidence that alcoholism is partially inherited. I wouldn't take the position that someone's alcoholism is OK because they inherited a tendency. Nor would I excuse a bad temper just because "he's Irish" or however that goes.

There are those for whom speaking without sounding like a potty mouth is a real struggle. For others, there is little to no difficulty.

The point?

I don't care where you start from in terms of what your particular temptations are. We can still set standards of behavior and hold people accountable to them. My temptations are not yours necessarily. But we are still obliged to exercise some self-control and not just be creatures of impulse.

What is a creature of impulse? An animal. The ability to reason and control our impulses is one of the things that makes us uniquely human. Once we head down the path of "I was born that way" then we might as well be lions talking about killing zebras.

+1000. Best post in this thread.

Top Bottom