• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mShu7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I hope I'm not duping a previous thread, but I just learned today that a Gander Mtn. is being built in Avon just east of Walmart, next to Gordman's. What's everybody's thoughts about Gander? Good store? I'm excited to having something like it near by. Not necessarily for the guns (I prefer PSS), but for all the other things they carry. I have to assume it beats going to Dicks for stuff.

Last edited:

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    There's also a Gander coming to Greenfield. I work for Gander so I like it. I also still shop at Bass Pro, Cabela's, Dick's, etc. I'd say they have Dick's beat as far as variety of ammo and for having handguns.

mShu7

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Hendricks County
    My wife & I went to the Greenwood Gander about 6 months ago because they carried the sunglasses I was looking for. I was quite amazed at their gun selection. And, the person that helped us was great. Sadly though, their price on a gun we were looking at was about $80 more than PSS. I'm really interested to check out their clothing dept. I normally shop at Kohl's for my clothes, but I'm hoping they might have stuff more my style.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    Price match my friend...price match. As long as it's a brick and mortar store and not a website...try it. I've gotten some really good deals on hunting clothes there...and shoes. $110 shoes for $35? Yes please

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I hope I'm not duping a previous thread, but I just learned today that a Gander Mtn. is being built in Avon just west of Walmart. What's everybody's thoughts about Gander? Good store? I'm excited to having something like it near by. Not necessarily for the guns (I prefer PSS), but for all the other things they carry. I have to assume it beats going to Dicks for stuff.

Shouldn't that be east of Walmart? Next to Gordman's?

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I also heard the rumor that one was coming to Greenfield...personally, I would rather see a Cabela's come here. We have enough GM's around here, and would love to see some better pricing and competition. I wonder who I would have to contact to see if Cabela's would love to take a piece of GM's business

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    When is it supposed to open? Honestly, what I'd really like is for the original Plainfield Galyan's to come back, or a Gander Mountain in west Avon. Beggars can't be choosers, though, so I'll take what we can get.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

Tranquil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Plainfield
    Price match my friend...price match. As long as it's a brick and mortar store and not a website...try it. I've gotten some really good deals on hunting clothes there...and shoes. $110 shoes for $35? Yes please

Absolutely. I got 150$ off of a shotgun just by asking for a price match!

TB1999

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    FYI, According to the "careers" link on their website, they are now taking applications for the Avon store. I applied, looking to get a management spot with them.

cubbetm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    I'm surprised they can open any more stores. I go to the Lafayette store and hardly ever see anyone buying anything. Mainly because their prices are ridiculous. Their on sale is the same as others normal.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    The only thing I buy from Gander Mountain is the bag of Pecan Wood Chunks, it's the only place I can find the chunks instead of chips.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I also heard the rumor that one was coming to Greenfield...personally, I would rather see a Cabela's come here. We have enough GM's around here, and would love to see some better pricing and competition. I wonder who I would have to contact to see if Cabela's would love to take a piece of GM's business

Always wondered why Cabela's never built in Greenwood some years back. I'd love to see one closer to Indy or even a Bass Pro Shop.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Always wondered why Cabela's never built in Greenwood some years back. I'd love to see one closer to Indy or even a Bass Pro Shop.
    I heard (don't know for certain if it's accurate) that Greenwood made too many demands and Cabela backed out.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    The closest GM to me is terre haute, so I'd love to have one in avon, the ammo prices are on par with everybody else, at least for 40 S&W. They have a decent selection of grill stuff to.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This would be a good addition to the area. GM is usually pretty high, but at least it has a good selection of fishing items, guns, etc, and will give some competition to Dick's.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    That may be part of it, but I believe they cancelled it right after the economy tanked. I'm betting that had more to do with it than anything else.

IF anyone was "making the demands", it was Cabela's. GW did a whole heck of a lot of infrastructure work for them. And then THEY pulled the plug on the store due to the economy tanking.

-J-

Top Bottom