• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm amazed that I still go in there to browse. It's located about 1/2 way between my home and work.

Tonight I stood at the counter staring at 2 different employees. After a couple of minutes, finally, one of them asked if he could help me. I inquired about the ad and the gentlemen couldn't have been more stupid if he was paid to mess with me.

I'm not going to mention which product I was inquiring about, because that would be a giveaway. I'm sure he will read this.

The only money I have spent in there in the past 5 years is for live minnows.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Gander Mountain Rocks!

I love taking trips to Gander Mountain. Great Place!
    I'll roll down there in my big ol' red Dodge truck, I love it too but
    it sucks the gas terribly, I am concerned about global warming but... :dunno:

My only complaint is that they do not keep their trash containers emptied outside the store.
    I have no place to put my McDonalds wrappers.
    I figure they pay the employees to work inside and out so I just put my
    trash in the lot and thereby help the employees. Job security.

All in all Gander is cool place.

:yesway:

troycowan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2009
    Bedford, IN
    I have went there several of times and everyone but the skinny guy with a facial hair are great. that guy is just a dick though, I was talking to him about the sr5565 the other day and he wouldnt stop arguing with me about it, he told me that I couldn't find one for 1400 and my friend just picked one up brand new in the case unopened for 1399 at a local gun shop in columbus. he told me that there was no way and that i was stupid for even thinking it would sell for that cheap. I just laughed at the guy and left the store.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I got an OK deal on my XD from the Greenwood store but refuse to talk to anyone there but Nick (everyone else I have talked to or seen so far would rather just tinker with something then help someome or would rather just not talk to you at all and just walk around). They have goo deal's from time to time, Id only buy again if it was a good deal or a hard to find gun that was priced right.

Ammo is expensive, walk next door to Walmart and get the same ammo for $10 less.

Or... .45 Gold Dot's at Gander, $30 for 20 round's..... Bradis has 50 for $30 haha.

rayf268

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2010
    ft wayne
    most of the guys in the fort wayne store are helpful. I got my NEF pardner pump 12g from there was on sale during deer season for a good price.

savageayape

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Martinsville
    The employees at the Greenwood Gander Mt are ignorant, rude and narcissistic. I prefer dealing with the local gun and outdoor store owners. I usually find they know what they are talking about and if they don't know the answer to my question, they will admit to it. I hate it when someone tries to feed me a line instead of being honest. It's sad when the customer knows more about firearms than the guys selling them. I can learn from the local dealers :). Gander Mt. makes me roll my eyes.:rolleyes:

actop19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Purchased a .38 S&W from them back when they had their "grand opening" in Greenwood. Wasnt too bad of a deal, but only because of their opening day sale. I used their gunsmith 1 time, I think his name was Lee, I was satisfied.

musclecarr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Owen County
    GM had used 10/22's going for $219, Wal-Mart had NEW ruger 10/22 for $217. very rarely GM will have a good buy on a firearm. About as often as Haley's comet comes around.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I've actually sold a couple of firearms in there for fair prices and bought my M&P there when they were still running the rebate last year. The price was just a little bit above what I'd found everywhere else but with the rebate, it was actually not too terribly bad. I'm always treated nice when I go in there and that place is always packed. I've also bought a rifle in there so no real complaints here.

coonslayer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    i dont think there to bad on the guns but deffinetly to high for ammo i went to a cabels and they had a used guns section that was actually pretty nice and cheap y cant bass pro do somethig like tht

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    Every now and again...

Several years ago on christmas eve my wife was shopping for some clothing in there. I generally like her clothing shopping in there, as at least there is stuff to look at. I found a used rimfire automatic pistol for a jaw droppingly low price, So every now and again I do a sweep of the used rack

Top Bottom