• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigkeger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know everyone goes and looks around GM, but does anyone buy Guns or Ammo from them?

Ammo - maybe some of the highest prices in town
    Guns - they sell just about everything at MSRP

I have heard a rumor that GM is the nations largest gun seller, anyone heard the same thing?

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    never buy ammo, prices are two high.

ive bought some guns from them, but only when they have good prices, which is rare.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    GM states in their own literature that they are the country's biggest firearms retailer. This certainly sounds plausible because of the number of locations they have.

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I have bought a firearm or two in there, but never any ammo. It is way too expensive. Even if they are the only ones who have any around, I would rather buy off of gunbroker at one of their "No reserve" wink wink auctions. I am kind of sour with GM anyway, the one on County Line is the laughing stock of the corporation as to what I have been told by more than one of their employees. They have gotten rid of two of the only three people I liked to even try and deal with in the entire store. One of their managers now, the red headed one, I think is a real dick. I was going to buy a liberty safe in there 4-5 months ago and I waited for some service and never got any. But so as not to rant, they do have a very good selection of ammunition, and firearms. Their prices, are a lot less desirable. No full time gunsmith (even though they will tell you something different). I say for $15-$25 if you can help the little guy out, then you are better off.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Bought a couple of used pistols from the Castleton store. They had some on sale and I happened to have some coupons for many dollars off, so with all the discounts I got a couple of really good buys. Finding a good buy at Gander unfortunately is more pure luck than anything else.

As to ammo, with their prices I would have to be really in trouble to spend that kind of money on what I can get cheaper and delivered to my door from online stores.

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I've bought a few guns. The guy who mentored me when I was first starting to carry really loves shopping there, so I did too for a while, but I grew out of it after awhile.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    No. And I never will. Their prices during the "Great Ammo Shortage of '09" were beyond ridiculous, IMHO, and delved into profiteering. I'll not reward stores for such behavior.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've bought a few guns when the prices were right, but it's rare for me to buy ammo there. There reloading supplies are pretty high too. They wanted $69 for a set of 380 dies that I found for $28 at the Indy1500.

lacroixdp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I called and got a quote today for an inexpensive 9mm... it was used and cost more than I could have gotten it new for. Everytime I've gone there they've been outrageously priced.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Can't disagree with anything said here. They are very obviously gouging the public on ammo prices. Something is very wrong when ammo at a big store with the buying power GM has is more expensive than the LGS which obviously buys in less bulk.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Yeah only buy ammo there when I get a gift card or somethings on sale.Ive found a couple of good deals there on handguns but they were like new but used.Did buy a new 22 single action for my brother there & he was happy with what he got . I talked to one of the sales people & what they go by is "the book " that they base thier listed prices on new & used guns with .

kennys_67

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Owen County, Indiana
    No offense to the big stores, but I rather give my money to the small stores were the people there will remember you the next time you visit. I rather see my spent money support a family I may run into at the grocery store

Rshelbu

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    I was at the GM in FW over the holidays and saw that they buy used guns. Has anyone ever sold a gun to them? If you have, did they give you a fair price ? I am thinking that they would probably stick it to you. One of the posts above states that they go by the "book" when selling, is it the same when they are vbuying ?.........R

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have bought both Guns and Ammo there. Guns if the price is right and ammo when I couldnt get it anywhere else.

example - when I could get NO 9mm, I did buy some Remington 115G for $14 a box. Now not even GM sells any 9mm for less than $20 so I havent bought any.

I like the store as I can look and I do buy some things now and again, but I prefer local stores, Tomlinsons and Precision Arms being my favorites

Top Bottom