• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • anthony010

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Westfield
    used to have a glock didnt like the grip angle, now I own an xdsc9 it fit my hand alot better and I shoot a bit more accurately, but thats just me. If you can you should try to shoot them first and then make up your mind. But both are good guns.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I don't have any 9mm but I do have XD45C. Everyone that has shot my XD45C has shot it better than the other types of pistols that they had with them at the range. Could be that I have a magic gun but more likely the XD points more instinctively than their gun.

Try them both out. You will have your own opinion after shooting a few mags through both guns.

Good luck to you and may the best gun for you win.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    i had a chance to fire a fellow members xd9sc at the range. it is a great gun. beside being the only 9mm i have ever shot, it is A LOT smaller than i expected it to be. even with the extended mag it is extremely concealable. it is also very loud for being a 9 but i guess thats because of the 3" barrel. i dont know how big it is compared to a g26 but if you're looking for something to conceal give the xd a try.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    used to have a glock didnt like the grip angle, now I own an xdsc9 it fit my hand alot better and I shoot a bit more accurately, but thats just me. If you can you should try to shoot them first and then make up your mind. But both are good guns.

This is what guided me to get an XD over the Glock. I'm new to handguns so not experienced with any of them nor overly influenced by having been shooting one particular gun for awhile. I was lucky and had a couple of opportunities to shoot a number of guns at the range. All of the guns I was using shoot better than I can at this point, but some just had a better feel to me than others. All were good but the XD just felt more natural - the grip angle I guess. So I bought an XD9sc. Having said that, I still would like to try a Sig. I keep hearing my life is not complete until I do ;)

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    I'd go with function over comfort.
    That is why he should go with the XD lol Like we couldnt tell from your name that youd go with the Glock ! I have both a XD and a Glock go with what fits you and dont let all the XD haters and Glock haters make up you mind for you . IMO Glocks are OVERATED and I own one . FTW :patriot:

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Get what fits your hand best and points most naturally for you.

+1, very important when choosing any firearm.

I'd go with function over comfort.

Valid point, albeit biased, as there is nothing wrong with XD's. I own a G26 and personally prefer the Glock, but don't imply that there is anything wrong with the XD.

There are many other great choices to be had from any reputable firearm manufacturer that offer great conceal/carry handguns. You may find that you like HK, S&W, Walther, Sig, or many other quality guns over the Glock or the Springfield. Get into a good gunshop and see what you really like.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    +1, very important when choosing any firearm.

Valid point, albeit biased, as there is nothing wrong with XD's. I own a G26 and personally prefer the Glock, but don't imply that there is anything wrong with the XD.

There are many other great choices to be had from any reputable firearm manufacturer that offer great conceal/carry handguns. You may find that you like HK, S&W, Walther, Sig, or many other quality guns over the Glock or the Springfield. Get into a good gunshop and see what you really like.

Umm..... I will say there is something wrong with XDs - they are less reliable than glocks when put into rougher conditions than the average trip to the range.

I do agree with you that HK and Sig are also very good choices.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    On what do you base this assertion??? :dunno:

Many people/professional trainers report these issues on getoffthex.com, which is the website ran by Tactical Response's James Yeager -

"The 9mm XD's rarely survive TR FP classes without issues. The .40 and .45 XD's never survive TR FP classes without issues."
    (FP = Fighting Pistol)

Personally I didn't have any serious issues with my XDs besides when the mags got dirty the gun was effed - which in my opinion is ridiculous. I think it's because the XDs have tighter tolerances compared to the Glock.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Many people/professional trainers report these issues on getoffthex.com, which is the website ran by Tactical Response's James Yeager -

"The 9mm XD's rarely survive TR FP classes without issues. The .40 and .45 XD's never survive TR FP classes without issues."
    (FP = Fighting Pistol)

Personally I didn't have any serious issues with my XDs besides when the mags got dirty the gun was effed - which in my opinion is ridiculous. I think it's because the XDs have tighter tolerances compared to the Glock.

Mmmm.... I've read several "torture tests" that have XD's (packed with dirt, sand, mud, etc.) firing w/o difficulty even after tens of thousands of rounds. Understand you and I have opinions and preferences here. Having a preference does not make the other contender a P.O.S..

I tease my friends here who are Glock fans about the "Glock boom, & etc" but I would never be so blind as to call Glocks unreliable. I am leary of blind (or seemingly blind) "brand worshipers" who rule out all other options. ;)
    :cheers:

Last edited:

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville

(FP = Fighting Pistol)

I call B.S big fat B.S :rolleyes:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I call B.S big fat B.S :rolleyes:

Umm, it's not just on GOTX, either. Guys on 10-8 and M4C - both forums with a higher than average share of professional type users, industry folks and just plain hard shooters - have reported parts breakage issues with XDs, as well.

I'm not going to say one brand is more or less reliable than another, but it does appear the XDs may not be holding up well to hard, prolonged use.

Griffeycom

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    I have a xD SC .40 on order and picked it over the G26 because of the grip. Glock grips feel HUGE in my hand and hard to grip for me, and I even have big hands! Just a personal preference I guess. Like the way the xD feels much better than the glocks. I don't think you can go wrong with either one though!

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Umm, it's not just on GOTX, either. Guys on 10-8 and M4C - both forums with a higher than average share of professional type users, industry folks and just plain hard shooters - have reported parts breakage issues with XDs, as well.

I'm not going to say one brand is more or less reliable than another, but it does appear the XDs may not be holding up well to hard, prolonged use.
    Certified Glock Nut yea right surely you r not biest right :rolleyes: Ok then Glocks go KAAA_BOOOM lol anyway I just get so tired of all the glock crap ! Good gun yes I agree I even own one ! XD yea good gun own one as well but Glocks are not the God of all hanguns ( FAR FROM IT ) lol

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    Yum! There sure is a lot of powder-based beverage drinking going on around here.
    :cheers: bottom line shoot a few brands and make your mind up cuz. in the end we all full of B.S lol ! Im not even going to open this thread up again :patriot: Hey I finaily got 2 green blocks over there <------------- SWETT !!!!

Top Bottom