• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    I am thinking about buying a Lone Wolf conversion barrel for my G22 Gen 4 so I can shoot 9mm. Lone Wolf says that I may need to change out the guide rod and spring for reliable performance. If correct, my G22 has a 17 lb spring. Ideally I would like to use the same guide rod and spring in both.
    Is there a spring that would be reliable for both 40 and 9mm? The G22 is my backup home defense gun so reliability is a must when away from the range.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I used a Lone wolf 40 -9 mm conversion in the G22 I had, my example had no problems using the factory G22 spring assembly. Just use G17 mags and the conversion barrel and enjoy. :)

Tobryan

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Lafayette
    My Gen4 G22 with LWD 40-9 conversion barrel also was flawless with the original 40 cal mags. Didn't need to buy G17 mags. I have heard this being a problem in some instances, but the 200-300 rounds I've fired had no issues feeding.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have had no problems in my Gen 3 Glock 23 with the factory recoil spring. I had a Gen 3 Glock 35 that I switched to a 15 pound recoil spring on a full length guide rod.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I was under the impression an extractor change was a good idea...can anyone confirm or deny that they are the exact same extractor
    Glock lists both the extractor and ejector as a different #. Physically I can't see any difference in the extractor but the ejector is obviously different.. For practice this might work fine but personally I wouldn't trust my life with it.
    OP.. If it were me I would buy one of the Gen 4 to Gen 3 recoil spring adapters (bushing) and use a Gen 3 spring.. Gen 4 22 and 17 RSA is different.
    If you are ever around Greenwood and have issues with it I do free inspections at USDS on the Saturdays that I'm in there. PM me and I can let you know my schedule there.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member

[FONT=&amp]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[/FONT]

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Glock lists both the extractor and ejector as a different #. Physically I can't see any difference in the extractor but the ejector is obviously different.. For practice this might work fine but personally I wouldn't trust my life with it.
    OP.. If it were me I would buy one of the Gen 4 to Gen 3 recoil spring adapters (bushing) and use a Gen 3 spring.. Gen 4 22 and 17 RSA is different.
    If you are ever around Greenwood and have issues with it I do free inspections at USDS on the Saturdays that I'm in there. PM me and I can let you know my schedule there.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT]NRA Basic pistol instructor
    Certified Glock armorer—GSSF Member

[FONT=&amp]1911, M&P & Ruger MK III Mechanic[/FONT]

I am not a Glock Armorer. I can say that empty cases extracted fine with the stock .40 cal extractor. I have been told (i.e. unconfirmed) that the conversion barrels place the chamber ever so slightly off center to account for the change in the case diameter. Honestly this is probably not an issue.

I did have a Glock 35 that a problem ejecting spent brass with low powered (TulAmmo) 9mm. I switched to a non-captured 15 pound recoil spring on a full length guide rod and the problem went away. This was on a Gen 3 gun. I have had no problems with using the stock recoil spring in my Gen 3 Glock 23 with the 9mm conversion. I do use the original spring that has seen many thousands of rounds with the conversion and a new OEM spring assembly with the .40 barrel.

I consider these conversions to be for range use only. I wanted a Glock 19 to use as a loaner gun for new new shooters. Already had the Glock 23 so it was much cheaper just to convert the existing gun to 9mm. I could have sold the G23 and ponied up another $100 for a new G19 or I could buy the barrel. Buy the barrel, buy a couple 9mm Glock mags, have fun at the range, reload with .40 ammo, go home.

Edit: I am almost certain this is the place I purchased a guide rod for the G35. http://jagerproducts.com/ I used a Wilson Combat round wire spring, worked perfectly.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Had my G23 with conversion out today. Had two fail to extract with Federal Champion ammo. Was being shot by some novice shooters. First time I have had any problems. Could be ammo or dirty gun or limp wristing. Been a while since I have lubed the gun and the ammo is not hot.

Top Bottom