• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    26 hands down. It is much easier to conceal, can accept any mag config, smaller and lighter. It's not even a question of shooting comfort, your pinky shouldn't be doing anything, anyways. Also, no noticeable accuracy loss - where does the 19 have anything on it?

26 is the superior tool.

I am currently debating the same thing as the OP. I was leaning towards the 26 BUT I wish it had a rail like the 19! Still not 100% sure which way to go.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I would say with what you will carry. If you can conceal a 19, go that route since it has a rail and extra capacity.. I'm 5'11 and 200lbs so it's not a hard task. We have a 26 as well and it is lighter and the 0.5" smaller grip is both great for conceal, but awkward for any kind of recreational shooting. You need to weigh out your uses and pick the one that fits best.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My first handgun was a G27. I love it and will never sell, but over time, I've realized, I'm not as conscientious when I carry, and the larger guns are more comfortable to shoot and train with. Yes you can use the larger mags in the subcompacts and it gives you a lot of flexibility.

picture.php

But the G19 is certainly a sweet shooter and I'd think hard choosing the G26 over it. :twocents:

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I would like to pass along the offer for you to shoot the G19, G26, or G17 to see what works for you. In exchange I'd like to check out that Shield!

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011
    Another thing to mention with the G26. If you choose to run a grip extension, many females (my lady friend included) find that their pinky falls right between the grip and extension and is pinched upon firing.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Thanks everyone I appreciate all your help! I went looking around at a couple local dealers this past weekend to find out that with the way things are right now its going to be really hard to find a glock 9mm in our area... I m pretty dissapointed. I hope I get lucky and find one or somewhere gets more in stock soon. I think I might be leaning towards the g26 with pinky extension first.. just wish I could get my hands on one to shoot it first.

Hey cmj. Sounds like a good idea and a lot of fun. Where are you located?

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Thanks everyone I appreciate all your help! I went looking around at a couple local dealers this past weekend to find out that with the way things are right now its going to be really hard to find a glock 9mm in our area... I m pretty dissapointed. I hope I get lucky and find one or somewhere gets more in stock soon. I think I might be leaning towards the g26 with pinky extension first.. just wish I could get my hands on one to shoot it first.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    one thing I don't like about the Pearce Grip extensions is the pinch. If your fingers don't fall on the gun just right, you can get a pinched ever time you shoot.

I've heard of this happening but it's never happened to me. When I'm gripping the gun my pinky is not squeezing at all though. Maybe causing the problem?

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    Get both! But if you can only buy one right now, get the one that you want. The G26 can use magazines from the G19 (or G17, G34) no adapters necessary. Yes, I gotta G19, and it is probably my most fun gun to shoot.

cmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   1
    Apr 10, 2011

I'm located in Greenwood. Feel free to PM me.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    I couldn't decide which to get either so I have both, and they are the only two Glocks I own at the present. I am in Greenwood, if you every get down this way, you are welcome to try both of mine.

Dave

OVERTHEHILLGUY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    NEAR GREENWOOD, INDI
    I have had both a G19 & g26.
    My oppion is ..if you install a magizine extender on your G26 you are making the gripping area (handle) all most as long a G26. the most difficult part of a pistol to conceal is the handle.
    That inconsideration, the G19 provides five more cartridges makes the G19 the better choice. The long part of the pistol is inside your pants out of sight.

Lakefield22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2008
    A G19 mag is significantly longer than the Pearce pinky extension. I have several G19 mags with grip adapters that I use in my G26 and I find it much easier to conceal with the factory 10rd mags and a pinky extension than the 15rd G19 mags.

spray73

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I couldn't decide which to get either so I have both, and they are the only two Glocks I own at the present. I am in Greenwood, if you every get down this way, you are welcome to try both of mine.

Dave

As a fellow Greenwood local I have to ask, do you frequent any of the surrounding ranges very often?? I've been eying me a Glock as my next possible purchase as well but always looking to meet someone new!

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    In my experience I have shot the G26 just as well as the slightly larger G19. Everyone has different hand sizes and preferences so what works for me may be totally different for you.

I think you should pick the size of weapon you need first, then hold guns in that size range that feel and point the best for you. Glocks will have the same natural point of aim in most circumstances. I would hate for you to buy a G19 only to find out later that it is too bulky and large for your carry style. Half inches here and there add up.

bigbang

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    You like the 19, get it. There is just not enough difference to worry about.

The longer slide will be running down your side when carrying IWB.

G23-G26-Size-1a.jpg

Besides... 15 rounds > 10 and G19 mags are like gold these days :D

and you can run a light on it if you want.

Yep. Sold the 26 as it was not any easier to conceal. Got a CM9 for that.

Top Bottom