• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    Ok so currently my ccw is my s&w m&p shield 9mm. I carry it everday but awhile ago when I shot my husbands G19 I fell in LOVE with it. Glocks are amazing guns and the G19 just fit my hand so well I loved how it felt, how it shot, and the size. So in a couple weeks I plan on buying my own Glock and right away I was set on the G19 like I said I love it but my husband thinks I should get a G26 just because I would be able to conceal it a lot better than the 19. I think he might be right but I really want the 19...I'm torn:/ so what's everyone else's opinions?

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    yes..get both....you can make the g26 fit your hand just the way the g19 does with an extension...they make them with the same finger grooves and everything...g26 will be smaller but with shorter sight radius and no rail...shorter barrel probably means different power from the bullet but that difference is negligible..both are great ...i have shot both of them a lot...a g19 is easier to sell that a g26 in my opinion but right now they are both flying off the shelves

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i don't have many problems concealing my 19 but i'm a bigger man. it is indeed less comfortable to wear than my sub compacts, but given that the 26 is the same thickness as any other glock i don't think that would matter.

it depends on how your carry really, and how concealed you want it to be. personally, i don't care anymore if my shirt rides up and it shows, or it prints thru my clothes - which really, it doesn't print much at all - you'd have to be paying attention to not think it was a cell phone or something.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    just wondering, but can i ask what the point of it is? the biggest part that prints on a handgun is the grip

Personal preference. That's all. It's not any better than carrying a Glock 19. A Glock 26 just allows for the flexibility to have the smallest to largest magazines available, and whatever configuration in between that someone would want.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    I plan on getting both but which one to get first is my dilema. I like the idea of getting the g26 with mag extension. I just hope if I get it I love it as much as the 19. I'm a small girl only about 5'2 maybe 5'3 on a good day ;) so I don't want to get the 19 and struggle with concealment. I mean I have carried my husbands 19 on multiple occasions but with a lot of my clothes you could tell.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    My wife has a 26 and loves it. I have my 19 and live with it. After shooting both, in my experience the 26 is a better gun. To me it feels more natural to shoot, it's recoil is a little more but still similar to the 19, and the 26 shoots to point of aim where my 19 shoots 2-3 inches low. I have to say, get what you'll carry, and if you're going to conceal the 26 is smaller, but I don't know if it's so much so to warrant the decision between the two being made on that alone. Go shoot a 26 and see what you think, then make up your mind.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I have both.

My wife has shot both, and likes the G19 best.

IMO, the G26 accompanies the G19.

I would go with the G19 first, THEN get the G26.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    I agree with everyone else, that you should get what fits you the best. That being said, I've got the 26 and love it. The nice part about it is that you adjust it to your needs, with the extensions and such. One draw back is no rail on the 26.

SmartAsh25

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2012
    Portage
    .I love the 19 but I just worry when its warmer ill struggle to conceal it.. I don't mind OC sometimes but I just don't want to give someone an upperhand by knowing I have a firearm. Hmm I might just go try to shoot a 26 this weekend and see how it feels. Hopefully its just as beautiful as the 19 and who knows I might end up loving it with a pinky extension lol :)

Last edited:

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I plan on getting both but which one to get first is my dilema. I like the idea of getting the g26 with mag extension. I just hope if I get it I love it as much as the 19. I'm a small girl only about 5'2 maybe 5'3 on a good day ;) so I don't want to get the 19 and struggle with concealment. I mean I have carried my husbands 19 on multiple occasions but with a lot of my clothes you could tell.

I guess it depends on if you really want to conceal or not. I'm sure your aware you don't have to in Indiana. I know several people who carry a G26 with the standard mag and keep G 19 mags as their spares.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    .I love the 19 but I just worry i when its warmer ill struggle to conceal it

It's very easy to conceal. BUT, I would rather conceal my G26 in the summer. It is quite smaller and lighter than the G19.

IMO, you already have the Shield. Use that one on the hot days, and use the G19 on the other days.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    i like the g19 alot, and conceal it very easily...though i dont know how big you are so it may be a different issue if you have a smaller stature

Top Bottom