Funny Political Picture Thread Part VI*** It can't get any worse...can it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    gv120320dAPR20201203084504.jpg

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

This is actually so true. A bunch of arrogant, know it all, upper class people that are still employed, working from home, living a good life, have no idea what many working class and small business owners, particularly service people are enduring. Selfish bsstards...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is actually so true. A bunch of arrogant, know it all, upper class people that are still employed, working from home, living a good life, have no idea what many working class and small business owners, particularly service people are enduring. Selfish bsstards...

I have to take exception to this Mike. I've been very fortunate to be able to work from home during this whole thing, yes. But I am not arrogant, "upper class" or a know-it-all. I am thankful that I have been able to do this, but I am not without sympathy for those who have not. I've continued to support local businesses throughout. I didn't make the policies. I don't like seeing what it has done to so many people. I think you need to narrow that brush.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have to take exception to this Mike. I've been very fortunate to be able to work from home during this whole thing, yes. But I am not arrogant, "upper class" or a know-it-all. I am thankful that I have been able to do this, but I am not without sympathy for those who have not. I've continued to support local businesses throughout. I didn't make the policies. I don't like seeing what it has done to so many people. I think you need to narrow that brush.

Have to agree. Like you, I don't fit any of those categories except fortunate enough to WFH. I absolutely have sympathy for those who are out of work due to the foolishness of our government. The picture shows 3 of the important culprits, the politicians leading this farce, the media propping them up and government workers unaffected by lockdowns thinking there is no issue because it doesn't affect them. I thank the good Lord on a daily basis that I'm lucky enough to still be employed. Not much I can do about what's going on, except having voted for Trump again to try to stop the madness, which seems to have failed. I hope and pray that sometime soon our leaders wake up and realize their going to ruin our country trying to "save us", but unfortunately I believe that's the plan.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I didn’t assume that he’s selecting from the set of all people who WFH and applying the rest of the list of attributes to them. He’s selecting from a set of people who have all those characteristics to form the subset of people he’s talking about. If you’re not arrogant, and not a know-all, and not upper class, and... He’s talking about the elite class who propose solutions that don’t affect their lives like it does others, and then pretend that they’re in the same boat, making sacrifices for the common good. The way I took it he’s not saying if you work from home you’re all those things.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    As an arrogant, know it all, upper class person, working from home, living a good life, I also take exception to this. I am NOT part of the media, politics, or "public service", and don't appreciate being lumped in with them.

Selfish bastard, indeed.

Purple? You decide.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I didn’t assume that he’s selecting from the set of all people who WFH and applying the rest of the list of attributes to them. He’s selecting from a set of people who have all those characteristics to form the subset of people he’s talking about. If you’re not arrogant, and not a know-all, and not upper class, and... He’s talking about the elite class who propose solutions that don’t affect their lives like it does others, and then pretend that they’re in the same boat, making sacrifices for the common good. The way I took it he’s not saying if you work from home you’re all those things.

You're probably right. He probably could've left out the working from home bit though.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Thank you for your understanding of the post. I could not have explained it better.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

Have to agree. Like you, I don't fit any of those categories except fortunate enough to WFH. I absolutely have sympathy for those who are out of work due to the foolishness of our government. The picture shows 3 of the important culprits, the politicians leading this farce, the media propping them up and government workers unaffected by lockdowns thinking there is no issue because it doesn't affect them. I thank the good Lord on a daily basis that I'm lucky enough to still be employed. Not much I can do about what's going on, except having voted for Trump again to try to stop the madness, which seems to have failed. I hope and pray that sometime soon our leaders wake up and realize their going to ruin our country trying to "save us", but unfortunately I believe that's the plan.

As an arrogant, know it all, upper class person, working from home, living a good life, I also take exception to this. I am NOT part of the media, politics, or "public service", and don't appreciate being lumped in with them.

Selfish bastard, indeed.

Purple? You decide.

The point as jamil more eloquently made was never about those working from home, except for those that meet the other standards. I know many that have actually articulated that they love this life of working from home, half full restaurants, few social obligations like weddings and so on. I never thought and certainly did not intend to malign those that work from home whether because of wuwho flu or they always did.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    The point as jamil more eloquently made was never about those working from home, except for those that meet the other standards. I know many that have actually articulated that they love this life of working from home, half full restaurants, few social obligations like weddings and so on. I never thought and certainly did not intend to malign those that work from home whether because of wuwho flu or they always did.

I understood your post the way you meant it to be about the oppressors and agree with you. It wasn't that hard.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    You're probably right. He probably could've left out the working from home bit though.

Actually it was central to my point concerning the people I know personally. They generally are sales types or district managers, or executives that had to travel, school teachers and others getting full pay to work from home and never deal in person with the customer, introvert types that don't have to interact, there are so many.

Again work from home was just a central theme the folks with the other attributes enjoy without consideration for others not so fortunate.

Although, when the companies discover that work from home works, why pay someone that lives in,even economical, Indy when Chinese slaves can do it cheaper over 5G?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually it was central to my point concerning the people I know personally. They generally are sales types or district managers, or executives that had to travel, school teachers and others getting full pay to work from home and never deal in person with the customer, introvert types that don't have to interact, there are so many.

Again work from home was just a central theme the folks with the other attributes enjoy without consideration for others not so fortunate.

Although, when the companies discover that work from home works, why pay someone that lives in,even economical, Indy when Chinese slaves can do it cheaper over 5G?

If your beef is with the policy makers, then I understand that. But I'm not going to apologize for having a job which is conducive to working from home, nor will I begrudge others that are fortunate enough to do so. At the other end of the spectrum are those that cannot do so, like those in the medical profession that are on the front lines of this stuff every day. I respect those folks and they have my sympathy and admiration. I also feel bad for those whose businesses were forced to cut way back or shutter altogether. I agree with you that those making the decisions about the policies don't necessarily take into consideration all of the consequences.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom