• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    Yea, sort of expecting the prices to stupid, just looking for something to do tomorrow. A day at a guns how beats being put to work by the warden!

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    The Ft. Wayne coliseum show, in my experience:

• $4 for parking, still have to walk 100-200 yards to the door usually. No biggie.
    • $6 for entrace... could be better could be worse
    • Usually not terribly crowded
    • Good selection compared to other shows I attend
    • Brad's knives is usually there. That's a positive in my book.

That being said, prices will be insane and selection will be limited right now.

Seven High

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    The only good thing that I could see about going to the Ft Wayne Gun Show was stopping for breakfast at Brevins in Cherebusco.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    depends on what you're looking for. i go to shows to pick up parts, odds and ends, some tacticool thing i didn't need, etc. if you're into that, then by all means go.

if youre looking for guns, don't bother. people will still be asking 2000 for a WASR and 3k for an AR. the colliseum show has been in a fast decline. its become a retail outlet store. its pretty much JUST guns, and gun parts.

the one at 'former k's merchandise' has been increasing however, the collectibles seem to end up there, must be cheaper tables.

ive found good buys at both but again, if you're looking for a retail-type gun (oh for instance, a glock or an AR, and everything common in between) youre better off going to your LGS. you won't find any deals.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    depends on what you're looking for. i go to shows to pick up parts, odds and ends, some tacticool thing i didn't need, etc. if you're into that, then by all means go.

if youre looking for guns, don't bother. people will still be asking 2000 for a WASR and 3k for an AR. the colliseum show has been in a fast decline. its become a retail outlet store. its pretty much JUST guns, and gun parts.

the one at 'former k's merchandise' has been increasing however, the collectibles seem to end up there, must be cheaper tables.

ive found good buys at both but again, if you're looking for a retail-type gun (oh for instance, a glock or an AR, and everything common in between) youre better off going to your LGS. you won't find any deals.

What is former K's merchandise?

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have a friend that sells at gun shows. He said that he marks up his guns at shows to pay for the tables. They are hoping for the impulse buyers that don't want to wait for the gun to come in at their LGS. I'm waiting for my LGS to get in my Glock 17 Gen 3 for $475.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have gone to the last couple shows. I found some 9mm for $14/box of 50 FMJ. Other than that, better at the LGS.

Try visiting the new LGS on Lima Road north oh meijers and lowes. In the Mutton lawn mower plaza. They have some 9mm ammo and a couple Sig ARs. Nice folks. Bet you could do better than the show.

Or try tomlinsons in Busco. Both are better than the show.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.
    I have a friend that sells at gun shows. He said that he marks up his guns at shows to pay for the tables. They are hoping for the impulse buyers that don't want to wait for the gun to come in at their LGS. I'm waiting for my LGS to get in my Glock 17 Gen 3 for $475.

I'm in the market for either a Glock 17 or 19 Gen 4. Was in my LGS today, in stock but priced WAY too high. I'm not in any kind of hurry, so time's on my side.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    What is former K's merchandise?

umm i don't actually what it was, K's merchandise I'm guessing? the adverts always just say 'former K's merchandise building' tho.

its west down coliseum from the coliseum, right next to Chuck-E-Cheese i believe. next show is this month sometime, google fort wayne gun shows.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    umm i don't actually what it was, K's merchandise I'm guessing? the adverts always just say 'former K's merchandise building' tho.

its west down coliseum from the coliseum, right next to Chuck-E-Cheese i believe. next show is this month sometime, google fort wayne gun shows.

You are correct, now it just seems like a place for gun shows, flea markets and the such. The show is put on by Gun Slinger Promotions, LLC Auburn Indiana gun shows. Its nice since its free parking, but not as many tables as the one this weekend.

Try heading over to Lima, OH they hold one at the fair grounds, the first weekend of every month. It would be very comparable to the 1500, plus its closer to us (Fort Wayne) than Indy is. Though you do have to deal with FFL if you go for a handgun. Free parking and its $5 to get in, usually crowded but always has some decent stuff. Prices are no different than any other gun show.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN

Well it is a gun show.

In all seriousness, Ranger and ZX Guns have normal pricing on stuff they sell. Bought an XDs for 519 at the last Coliseum show.

Just like the one at K's the "private sellers" are way over the moon on prices, but you can still find deals.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008

Back when this show was at its best, volume dealers were selling at the show for discounted prices that beat anything available at LGS. They were moving lots of guns and I'm sure they more than covered their costs. The sold so many guns you would have to wait in line to get processed. Back then, I always checked out prices at LGS before the show and bought for less at the show. Now I simply stay home.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To be fair, there are deals to be had there. I and another :ingo: recently bought a S&W M&P 22. I bought mine at an LGS; be bought at the last FWA gun show. My price was $70 less than Gander's and $50 less than Freedom. :) After accounting for parking and entrance fees, he still beat my before tax price by $22. :dunno: So, there are deals to be made. :cool:

Now we are both looking for extra mags! It really is a pain to have just one.

Top Bottom