• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or been to the program called frontsight out in the desert in Nevada? I used to be the only gun person in my family but now my parents have come around, gotten their LTCH's and now our collection of guns is up to 5, it will be 8 whenever we get the complimentary xd's that come with Insight lol. Anyways, we are all heading out west to go through the program as soon as my schedule allows. Just curious if anyone knows or has heard anything about it?

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    Only what the promo materials and "Newsletters" repeat. Program looks very slick. "Dr P" seems like he loves to hear his own voice. Very proactive about offering "free" training to teachers and flight crews for any schools or airlines willing to allow ccw.
    I did ask to be removed from his mailing list and contact list after he sent us his"forclosure sale". His marketing gimmick for selling the lifetime memberships that people who have fallen on hard times have stopped paying annual dues on. I sent him a polite letter explaining how in todays economy I felt it was in bad taste to: 1)Turn his back on his clients who have fallen on hard times. (the life time buy in is $$$$) or 2) It just sounded slimy to imply that he was "forclosing" on anyone for a gimmick. Four months later I still get calls from this windbag.
    The compound looks incredible from the promo video but I have a feeling most of the stuff hasn't even broken ground. Please post a writeup about the training because I would love to know if it comes close to the "rave" reviews all the washed up B movie and TV actors gave it in the promo.

I love the fact that he will only grant media interviews and access once the reporter takes his "Full Auto SMG" class. Nothing wins over a reporter better than that. I don't think he has ever gotten a "bad" report in the news. come on who doesn't smile when they get to rock n roll. I hope the training is as good as he says it is. For your money that is. Seems like a nice touch with the xd deal. All your out of state ccw permits training and a gun. However I think one of our sponsors doesn't charge anywhere near his price and you don't have to die in the desert either...lol
    Goodluck!
    Keep us posted.

FB

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I have never trained there. I have had plenty of students who have though.

The reports are that the training is good for non confrontational, skills-based training. The whole business has a multi level marketing look and feel to it. In the past they have threatened to sue anyone who said anything negative about them.

Certificates are available on ebay (and elsewhere) for around $100 to take a 4 day class. They also charge $50 for a background check for each student. So, for $150 plus gear, ammo, lodging and travel you could take a class.

Also, be aware that Pahrump is about an hour from Vegas. I have taught there (on another local range) and it was far enough from Vegas to recommend staying in a hotel in Pahrump. If you try to make the drive each night and morning, you'll be adding to your training fatigue with drive time. Stay local and relax.

If you do go, please come back and post a training report.

With all that said, there are training opportunities in Indiana and surrounding states that could save you a significant amount of travel time and money. Check out some of the other posts in this forum for some announcements.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    i am a member on another board that has had several people attend and they havent said a whole lot of good things about it... then again, those are the same people that have taken much more high dollar training... i would urge based off what i have read to stay away from it and take the local handgun training.... i forget the name of it but i will look it up and let you know.

Top Bottom