• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I have a opportunity to attend a 4 day defensive pistol course as a guest at Front Sight. Has anybody been through this or attended front sight classes?
    I can not see a reason not to take advantage of this plus it is an hour outside of Vegas which is my home town.

I am curious though if anybody has been there and has any feedback

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I know more than a handful of GS grads and have yet to hear anything negative about their experiences. Each has stated they came out a more proficient firearms handler after their time at GS.

He is asking about FrontSite. GunSight is that other school.

Allen if you have the opportunity to go you can write a review. Only thing I know about FrontSite is their goofy time share marketing scheme.

Robar5

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    Allen County, IN
    I was there in 2005, so my information is very dated. Great facility with a scenic view and not far outside of Vegas. At that time it was a bit of an odd atmosphere, if you do enough searches on the web, you will see what I'm talking about.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    He is asking about FrontSite. GunSight is that other school.

Allen if you have the opportunity to go you can write a review. Only thing I know about FrontSite is their goofy time share marketing scheme.

Doh! That's what I get for posting from my phone... :n00b:

mcjon77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2013
    I've thought about going to Front Sight too. They have these gift certificates for 2 days of training that people give away or sell on eBay and other forums. The price is so low (about the same as what I pay for an hour of range time) that as long as they don't teach anything to screw me up, it will be worth it.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I've thought about going to Front Sight too. They have these gift certificates for 2 days of training that people give away or sell on eBay and other forums. The price is so low (about the same as what I pay for an hour of range time) that as long as they don't teach anything to screw me up, it will be worth it.

yeah I am not sure what the catch is. I think the idea is to sell a membership or something. But I honestly don't know. Pretty sure their training curriculm is pretty standard stuff and comparable with other traditional training schools.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I am going to opt out on going. I am sure it would be a good experiance but the distance and other things on my calendar make it impractical right now.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    I am going to opt out on going. I am sure it would be a good experiance but the distance and other things on my calendar make it impractical right now.

I bought a 4-day defensive handgun course for $100 (no expiration) years ago, similar to you, time & distance has yet to work out.

Top Bottom