• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    :patriot:Had a experiance today that really left its mark on me! As some of you know my wife Connie is the Chairwoman for the Johnson County Friends of NRA program which works to raise money to help ensure that the shooting sports programs will continue. Each of the counties that have a Friends of NRA committee send 1 representative to a meeting to discuss and to distribute the money out in grants to needy programs.
    This year the Indiana Friends of NRA distributed $204,000 dollars, thats right I said $204.000 dollars. We spent all day going over nearly 90 grant applications from groups such as 4H Shooting Sports programs, Boys Clubs, Scouts, and many more most of which will provide a shooting experiance for our youth! I can tell you that Johnson County 4H Shooting Sports received a grant for $3,000 dollars for the 2009 season! this money will ensure that our youth members will be able to continue to get outside every other saturday on the range and shoot to their hearts desire!
    This program has supported our club every year since its beginning in 2000 except for 1,( our doings not the Friends of NRA) and if it was not for this money I believe we would have went belly up several years ago. We have nearly 90 youth members and it looks to keep growing and on range day we normally will go through 1200 rounds of 20 ga. and about 2500 to 3000 rounds of 22 ammo.And it does not cost the youth or their families a dime to be a member of our club!
    So remember when your county is having their Friends of NRA banquet PLEASE get involved buy your ticket and attend. You never know we give away alot of really nice items including firearms, art work etc. and all the profits go into the bucket for these grants.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    If I am not mistaken, The Friends of the NRA have donate quite a bit of money to the Farmland Conservation Club in Randolph County over the years to support youth shooting sports and upgrades to the rifle range/pistol range.

With 100, 200 and 300 yard lanes, 10 and 25 yard lanes, the County Sheriff and his deputies have come to use the range for their yearly qualifications, I think the ISP has been out there and I know the DNR guys have been out there.

If it weren't for grants such as these, none of that would have been possible, to give back to the community through hunter education, youth shooting sports and giving our local LE a wonderful place to use. I have been a proud member for two years now and love to take my family there.

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Just looked over my paperwork and there was a application submitted from the Farmland Conservation Club for traps, lumber and concrete. They applied for $3,000 and they were approved but I do not have the final amount as they were finishing the paperwork as I left. But I believe they were approved for what they were asking for!
    We also approved the application for the Randolph County 4H program, they had applied for $$2,155.00 and again I do not have the final amount disbursed.
    What I like about this organization is that "Every penny" raised in the state of Indiana stays here in the state of Indiana. I hope that everyone on this site that supports our 2nd amendment rights and want to see the shooting sports activities continue in this state will attend at least one banquet this year!

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Thanks for the information JBrockman. I'll have to make sure and attend the Friends of NRA dinner down here in Evansville. It sounds like they do great things with the funds raised.

hotbarrel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    this is any outstanding org ithink all sportsman and shooters should help fund this group it really is not tough to do i not only donate money but like alot of you go to other fund raisers and win a few things i dont need so donate them to freinds of nra i have even donated gifts back i won there look at what they return to your state

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    You are right hotbarrel everyone out there concerned with shooting and our youth should be there! It does not cost alot of money to attend, you get a great dinner (especially at Johnson County Banquet/B&B Caterering), and a chance to walk out with some really cool prizes. At our banquet in Oct. we gave away I believe 12 guns plus alot of other items.Some of the items this year include:
    Gun of the year- matched set of Ruger .45 long colt revolvers
    Weatherby NRA special .257 WBY
    S&W Model 642
    Remington M-597 camo
    Henry youth golden boy
    Kimber Ultra carry II .45 ACP
    Benelli Nova 20 ga pump
    And that is just the first 2 pages of the 2009 catalog. And these are at each show so your chances are good to win!
    2009 Schedule:
    Feb. 12 Shelbyville May 9 Evansville clay classic
    Feb. 21 South Indy July 31 Evansville dinner
    Feb. 26 Terre Haute Aug 15 Shelbyville Gun A Plazooa
    Feb. 28 Montgomery In Aug 21 Covington
    Mar 7 Danville Aug 25 Anderson
    Mar 14 Lake co Aug 29 Wabash
    Mar 19 Kokomo Sept 8 Lafayette
    Mar 21 Warsaw Sept 12 Huntingburg
    Apr 3 Crawfordsville Sept 18 Switzerland Co
    Apr 4 Starlite In Oct 1 Hancock Co
    Apr 18 Columbus Oct 27 Hamilton Co
    Apr 24 Muncie Oct 24 Batesville
    Apr 25 Fore Wayne Oct. 29 Johnson Co. (THE BEST)
    May 2 Richmond Nov 5 Michigan City
    May 8 Porter Co. Nov 7 Vincennes

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    2009 Schedule:
    Feb. 12 Shelbyville May 9 Evansville clay classic
    Feb. 21 South Indy July 31 Evansville dinner
    Feb. 26 Terre Haute Aug 15 Shelbyville Gun A Plazooa
    Feb. 28 Montgomery In Aug 21 Covington
    Mar 7 Danville Aug 25 Anderson
    Mar 14 Lake co Aug 29 Wabash
    Mar 19 Kokomo Sept 8 Lafayette
    Mar 21 Warsaw Sept 12 Huntingburg
    Apr 3 Crawfordsville Sept 18 Switzerland Co
    Apr 4 Starlite In Oct 1 Hancock Co
    Apr 18 Columbus Oct 27 Hamilton Co
    Apr 24 Muncie Oct 24 Batesville
    Apr 25 Fore Wayne Oct. 29 Johnson Co. (THE BEST)
    May 2 Richmond Nov 5 Michigan City
    May 8 Porter Co. Nov 7 Vincennes
    I don't see Bloomington on the list?

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    Bloomington lost their date the last I heard for some reason, but hey we here in Johnson County will be more then happy to have all of you at our banquet. We are relativly a new banquet and all the help we can get would be fantastic!!!!

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    If you see a date for a banquet in your area but do not know who to call let me know and I will get the name and number of the county chairman for you!
    But PLEASE dont overlook the OCTOBER 29th Johnson County Banquet, and your fellow Ingo member here!

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I don't do a lot of extra donations to the NRA, but the Friends of NRA gets my money every year.

I'll be at the Hendricks County one this year again. Saturday March 7th 2009, in Danville.

knobcreeknut

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    shelbyville
    I am on the shelby county commitee. our banquet is feb 12. tickets are selling fast. if you are interested PM me or call me at 317-370-4724.
    I can give you more info. As well as the guns listed at the beginning of this thread, we have ordered many other guns that will be going home with lucky people or high bidders. also have a gun safe, a recovered bullet and casing fired from one of the BAR's used by Clyde Barrow, and even a deer mount taken by and autograph by Ted Nugent

tickets are $25 in advance and special drawing packages are also available

Larry

Top Bottom