• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dshaf

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    Was this a decent gun auction? They seem to have several a year. Is it worth going to, or is everything sky high

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    We attended... Big crowd, but the guys with wives and kids left pretty early...then the short-attention-span guys bailed out..After a couple of hundred lots were sold, the crowd had thinned a bit. Some stuff went HIGH (buyers fault for boosting the bids), Some stuff went normal price, and some were real bargains !! I got some of each. The ammo lots were crazy...Panic prices esp. with the 22lr ! No real ammo bargains in the inventory.
    They run a good auction and try to keep things moving, and the bidder disputes to a minimum. I attend many of their auctions even though it is a long ride...It was a long but fun day and I came home with a bunch of new firearms ranging from a couple of 22 carbies to sever 1911's including a couple of real bargain Colt and Springfields. Will add a photo or two if I get time

One thing about the prices... They don't set them...the bidders do, so if a brick of 22lr goes for $100, don't blame the auction house, look for the idiot that paid that much for the ammo.

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Mayor is right...you had a little of everything there.
    I came away with a NIB Beretta 92FS with 2 high
    capacity mags for $500.00...pretty good deal!

Dawg

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Dawg
    I am taking inventory right now. We did not bid on any ammo as it was really at Panic Prices...but we did come home with 25 firearms, about half of which will be here in a year.

Dubsac.
    I have a 401k that, at my age, the Feds say I have to take 5% out each year...that's my auction money. So I enjoy the action, and make back part of the bucks by selling those that don't fit my likes and wants list. No straw buying and when I walk out the door those are MINE. It is a hobby and keeps me alert. I paid more than book value for 2 of the bunch I bought, but I wanted them for myself pretty bad...I now have a matched pair of the Taurus 945 SS/Gold 45acp's...Got to find a double shoulder holster to wear them in !!!
    AL

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Dawg
    I am taking inventory right now. We did not bid on any ammo as it was really at Panic Prices...but we did come home with 25 firearms, about half of which will be here in a year.

Dubsac.
    I have a 401k that, at my age, the Feds say I have to take 5% out each year...that's my auction money. So I enjoy the action, and make back part of the bucks by selling those that don't fit my likes and wants list. No straw buying and when I walk out the door those are MINE. It is a hobby and keeps me alert. I paid more than book value for 2 of the bunch I bought, but I wanted them for myself pretty bad...I now have a matched pair of the Taurus 945 SS/Gold 45acp's...Got to find a double shoulder holster to wear them in !!!
    AL

So you are the one that bought the "pimp" gun...I always go to the auctions here.
    No BS with premiums and transfers....what you bid is what you pay for the gun!

Dawg

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    Yeah, I also got those two freak Shotguns...You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I carried that 60 in flagpole 12 gauge into the house. That is a real monster...standing 6'5" plus...

I was ther big guy in the lazy-boy near the door. I try to get all of their gun auctions, I like the people, and if I can stick to the game plan I manage to break even within 6 months of the auction date. This time the last 24 hours of online bidding before the live auction sure drove the prices up. The November auction was great (from a bargain hunters point of view.)

Here is my pair of Taurus 945's..A real Miami Vice show !!!

13291.jpg

Last edited:

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Yeah, I also got those two freak Shotguns...You should have seen the look on my wife's face when I carried that 60 in flagpole 12 gauge into the house. That is a real monster...standing 6'5" plus...

I was ther big guy in the lazy-boy near the door. I try to get all of their gun auctions, I like the people, and if I can stick to the game plan I manage to break even within 6 months of the auction date. This time the last 24 hours of online bidding before the live auction sure drove the prices up. The November auction was great (from a bargain hunters point of view.)

Here is my pair of Taurus 945's..A real Miami Vice show !!!

13291.jpg
    Nice!!!
    You can now go to the turkey shoots with that monster you bought!
    You can really reach out and touch'em.

We may have to do some "bartering" with that "cache" of goodies
    you have...LOL

Dawg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Nice!!!
    You can now go to the turkey shoots with that monster you bought!
    You can really reach out and touch'em.

We may have to do some "bartering" with that "cache" of goodies
    you have...LOL

Dawg

Holy crap... "reach out and touch them"? He can just reach out and poke a hole right in the target from the firing line! :):

dawg1981

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Southport IN
    Here are some of my 'take homes' from the auction.

The Monster shotgun-
    13292.jpg

A mini 22/22mag revolver
    13293.jpg

And a table full of handguns, still being inventoried.
    13295.jpg
    So you bought the "warthog" huh!
    Did you also buy the Sig SP2022 w/laser?
    I really wanted that one but I stopped at $500.00!

mayor al

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    Floyd/Harrison Count
    NO, I did not buy the SIG.

The PARA Warthog
    is interesting...brand new, 10+1 in a sub-compact in 45acp is unusual, but my big hands overlap it too much. I will probably part with it sometime soon.

We test fired the big Winchester Shotgun yesterday. Here is my neighbor--the triggerman in our contest entries... getting it ready.
    Then there are a few of some of the handguns we took home. The Browning HiPower is really nice, then 2 Rugers, 3 Taurus and a bunch of 1911 types including my 2 Taurus 945's, 2 Colts, a Smith Pro Series and a Springfield SS

lots more jan 1 002.JPG

Attachments

• jan 1 handguns2 013.JPG
      jan 1 handguns2 013.JPG
      414.7 KB · Views: 1
    • jan 1 handguns2 025.JPG
      jan 1 handguns2 025.JPG
      143 KB · Views: 1
    • jan 1 handguns2 018.JPG
      jan 1 handguns2 018.JPG
      229.3 KB · Views: 0
    • jan 1 handguns2 002.JPG