• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daturbokat

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Clayton IN
    Congrats to the youngster for beating me by .01 overall and for showing me up on the Texas Star as well!!! Thanks to FNS for having a great match and providing a welcoming environment to all shooters!

pankake

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2010
    SE Indy
    This is Alex, I have only been shooting for about a year but I was taught by a Marine. I was using a Ruger 10/22 with a hogue stock and fire fox fiber optic sights. Thanks!

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    I agree, everywhere else I have been they separate .22 iron sights and .22 w/optics into their own classes. Makes more of an even playing field.

I wasn't aware that anyone ran a .22 rifle without optics on Friday? All the .22rifles I saw had either a scope or red dot on them?

Also thanks to Cru, Single Six, Kinnards (and wife who is quite funny btw!!), Monkey, FrankNStein and the other guys who's names I can't recall off the top of my head right now (kuz I'm an ass that can't remember names worth a crap) for making the Zombie Response Group a TON of fun and especially to FrankNStein for showing me that I'm not half as good at my pistol reloads as I need to be.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I agree, everywhere else I have been they separate .22 iron sights and .22 w/optics into their own classes. Makes more of an even playing field.

As long as the rules reflect what's actually being done at the match, that's all that really matters IMHO. I would be glad to volunteer to take a crack at reviewing/revising any MCF&G documentation (web, downloadable PDF, etc.) if you Club guys would like... I've always enjoyed writing, and there's a fair bit of grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors, as well as things that could be clarified, there. Yeah, I guess I'm a bit of a PITA that way ;)

trafalga

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Indy
    Sounds like you guys had a great time as usual. Wish I could have been there.

No one shot 22O? Is that where .22 rifles with optics are classified? Also, is .22WMR still prohibited?

To clarify this and related posts: The rules do list a .22O class, however we haven't really distinguished it / used it. This is the first time it has come up. As the guys running the match don't really shoot .22 and nobody has question it before, we haven't really looked at it.

Personally it seems odd to me to lump .22 pistols and .22 rifles both having optics into the same category, but at one point when I questioned the .22O class that is what I was told how to class Optics.

Probably the more "direct" reason we haven't used .22O is that it would slow me down registering people. The results are for bragging rights only, as they aren't used anywhere else, so these classes and the others are not tightly monitored.

If the general consensus is that we need to use the .22O class I can start doing that.

Q: Does .22WMR -= .22 Mag?

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I wasn't aware that anyone ran a .22 rifle without optics on Friday? All the .22rifles I saw had either a scope or red dot on them?

Also thanks to Cru, Single Six, Kinnards (and wife who is quite funny btw!!), Monkey, FrankNStein and the other guys who's names I can't recall off the top of my head right now (kuz I'm an ass that can't remember names worth a crap) for making the Zombie Response Group a TON of fun and especially to FrankNStein for showing me that I'm not half as good at my pistol reloads as I need to be.

We had a great squad and had a great time at BW3's. OK all you "ladies" that couldn't get time off for the after party: hike up your panties and get your PASS for next month's BW3's after party. :):

And Ms. Kinnards .. I hope you shoot next month.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Congrats to the youngster for beating me by .01 overall and for showing me up on the Texas Star as well!!! Thanks to FNS for having a great match and providing a welcoming environment to all shooters!
    You got beat???? I don't believe it. Want me to break their wrists for you?

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    To clarify this and related posts: The rules do list a .22O class, however we haven't really distinguished it / used it. This is the first time it has come up. As the guys running the match don't really shoot .22 and nobody has question it before, we haven't really looked at it.

Personally it seems odd to me to lump .22 pistols and .22 rifles both having optics into the same category, but at one point when I questioned the .22O class that is what I was told how to class Optics.

Probably the more "direct" reason we haven't used .22O is that it would slow me down registering people. The results are for bragging rights only, as they aren't used anywhere else, so these classes and the others are not tightly monitored.

If the general consensus is that we need to use the .22O class I can start doing that.

Q: Does .22WMR -= .22 Mag?

Thanks for that... I'd be willing to bet that nearly everyone would agree that "simpler is better" WRT the rules. My original inquiry was made when I noticed no place within the rules for .22 rifles w/optics. Having 22R and 22P seems fine; I just want to be certain that I can shoot what I've built next time around, without being orphaned into an obscure class :)

I think "yes" to your last question. I see .22 magnum on the approved cartridges list, so I guess it's GTG for FNS, correct? Might give a PMR-30 a shot if that's the case.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    Oh my @# I missed FNS. That was my 1st one since February and boy oh boy did i miss it! I had my cousin and his friend (who shot for the 1st time) with me, and another friend showed up, and they're hooked.

Got 3rd, 2nd in .22R. Had a blast, hope to make it to Nov and rejoin MCFG again.

I might actually show up with a 9mm and embarrass myself completely!

Top Bottom