• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    [video=youtube;b2I93N6H_eM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2I93N6H_eM[/video]

I saw that, and I have mixed emotions.
    You have a gun and you are going to confront an armed person, but you "let" someone stop you. Must have been a hell of a persuasive argument.
    Also, running around searching for the gunman could lead to an identification problem. Maybe better to wait to see if gunman comes to you.
    On the other hand, someone that was in the military, and carries a gun for protection, might be more inclined to "run towards the sound of gunfire".

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    You have a gun and you are going to confront an armed person, but you "let" someone stop you. Must have been a hell of a persuasive argument.
    Also, running around searching for the gunman could lead to an identification problem. Maybe better to wait to see if gunman comes to you.
    On the other hand, someone that was in the military, and carries a gun for protection, might be more inclined to "run towards the sound of gunfire".

My thoughts precisely.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Obama just killed 19 in a hospital in Afghanistan. Doctors without Borders and 3 children.

Looks like he's the most effective killer of innocents this week.

[STRIKE]I wouldnt **** on that man if he was on fire... but Putin is to blame for that one, NOT Obama.

One hallmark of integrity is calling BS even if it doesnt suit your agenda.[/STRIKE]

Just saw the reports that it was the US. I thought this was part of the Russian airstrikes announced the other day.

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

My thoughts precisely.

I seen it too. Not enough info to make the call one way or another.

I'm glad the fellow spoke up, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have regrets. There was a call to be made and he made it. The gent didn't appear to be the type to be led around if he didn't choose to. He was 200 yards away.

Our job as carriers is self defense of ourselves, not everyone. We can't all run into the gunfire, it's not our job.

We weren't there.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I seen it too. Not enough info to make the call one way or another.

I'm glad the fellow spoke up, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have regrets. There was a call to be made and he made it. The gent didn't appear to be the type to be led around if he didn't choose to. He was 200 yards away.

Our job as carriers is self defense of ourselves, not everyone. We can't all run into the gunfire, it's not our job.

We weren't there.

Exactly. He could have been mistaken for the shooter by 1st responders. Not a good position to put yourself in.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Exactly. He could have been mistaken for the shooter by 1st responders. Not a good position to put yourself in.

Yep. I feel for the guy. Remember. You are a sheepdog for YOUR flock. NOT the "other" flock over there. While meritorious, sometimes you have to realize its just not your fight. Much like the whole "lets save all the refugees!" mindset. We are all in a lifeboat only capable of supporting so many occupants. At some point you must say "sorry, we are full" and turn away the extras... otherwise by taking on those extras you overload the lifeboat and you ALL die. You have to know when to say "when". :(

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The first responders that showed up 5min. later...

Sad as this is.......how do we know when they will get there. No one does out of that loop.

How would one of us respond. It is mystery until we are in the mix. I am not sure myself but my inner tough guy would like to think I would help out if possible.

I see what you are saying. Those young people were alone and defenseless with a psycho.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Sad as it may be I have to defend my own family and part of that is staying alive myself so I can continue feeding my family. I'm not running in the direction of danger to be a hero. That's the for police to do and they have better weapons AND backup.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I know the gun banners are scrambling to fight the GFZ part of this. It appears legally that it was not. But the school told their students and faculty that it was and apparently that was generally complied with.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

Kevin Starrett, executive director of the Oregon Firearms Federation, says too many colleges and other public agencies try to mislead people from thinking all guns are banned, despite the clear laws to the contrary.

So, the university issued misleading directives that appear to contradict state law. I hope it results in expensive lawsuits from victims families.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sad as this is.......how do we know when they will get there. No one does out of that loop.

How would one of us respond. It is mystery until we are in the mix. I am not sure myself but my inner tough guy would like to think I would help out if possible.

I see what you are saying. Those young people were alone and defenseless with a psycho.
    This it's why it's so vitally important to change the victim mindset especially on school campues. Everyone must learn to prepare themselves to put up resitance and fight the threat with every means at their disposal. IMO that is the only logical way to combat these types of instances. Learn to Stop being victims. It's your only chance.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    What would I have done? I don't know. Here are some other unknowns:
    Where are the good guys? Is there a stack of SWAT guys coming down the hall?
    Can you communicate? Can you convince someone (dispatcher) you are a legally armed good guy? If yes, can you be "100% bet your life certain" the good guys with the laser sights on their ARs know that?
    How well do you know the structure?
    Is the GPS on your phone (activates when 911 is called) accurate enough in a building?
    Is the cavalry on-scene or 20 minutes out?
    Is there another good guy out there? Does he/she know you are a good guy? Do you know they are?
    Stay put and protect the people you can from a very defensible position? Unless you know the answer to the questions above this may be the best choice. Again, I don't know.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Stefan Molyneux offers a very good rant about this a-hole. It is long at 29 minutes. As is usual for Stefan, it is very well researched (27 sources).

[video=youtube_share;BrBPoX7yMKo]http://youtu.be/BrBPoX7yMKo[/video]

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I know the gun banners are scrambling to fight the GFZ part of this. It appears legally that it was not. But the school told their students and faculty that it was and apparently that was generally complied with.

It's the same with IU and a lot of universities, it may not be against state law but it's against student and staff/faculty guidelines. For those that attend and work there it is essentially a defacto GFZ.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    It's the same with IU and a lot of universities, it may not be against state law but it's against student and staff/faculty guidelines. For those that attend and work there it is essentially a defacto GFZ.

A properly hidden CC weapon, living, and having to swap colleges vs dieing, think I will take my chances...

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Yes. Even the most security concision deep cover practiced carriers have to weigh out losing their huge investment in tuition and time.

As far as running into the gunfire goes, the vet in the video likely made the right decision. However, the other vet in the next room (the one shot 7 times,) might well have saved many lives had he have been armed.

Top Bottom