• ...and so much more!
  • SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    A couple more quotes from Mr Mitchell, juror 52:

While deliberations in total lasted about four hours, Mitchell said he didn't think they needed to be longer than an hour.

"The evidence was overwhelming that he was guilty in my opinion," he said. "I thought it was a no-brainer"
    Yup, don't even need to follow the judge's instructions to apply the facts to the law. :rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Yup, have you? What would be a situation that Murder 2 was not also Murder 3 then and vice versa?

Ok, let's look at the charges-

2nd Degree: Chauvin caused Floyd's death, "without intent to effect the death of any person while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with for or violence or a drive-by shooting."

3rd Degree: Chauvin caused Floyd's death, "without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evidencing a depraved mind, without regard for human life."

Tell what doesn't apply....

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I don’t consider my views on nationalism to be racist. I guess I lean more toward being a nationalist who also happens to be white. That’s where I draw the distinction from WN and WS.

I am an American nationalist. Not a white America and not a black America. Just America.

I believe Trump had the same overall vision for everyone. Others may disagree.
    I am in complete agreement, and that is one of the things I like most about Trump. While I think our many enemies in the world would be happy to take advantage of the situation if Democrats and progressives manage to pit us against each other along racial lines, I am wondering if the 13% and their allies can be awakened to that idea. They are so singularly focused that they don't seem to even consider whether their problems will be any better under a world ruled either economically or politically and militarily by the PRC

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN

2nd Degree: Chauvin caused Floyd's death, "without intent to effect the death of any person while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with for or violence or a drive-by shooting."

3rd Degree: Chauvin caused Floyd's death, "without intent to effect the death of any person, causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evidencing a depraved mind, without regard for human life."

So, those were not the instructions with the elements defined... read here:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You’re talking about a totally different thing. Nationalism related to United States isn’t the same as White Nationalism. An American Nationalist will always choose to help other Americans even if it’s at the detriment to other nations. To draw a kinship to the previous thought, a White Nationalist (or Black for that matter) will choose their race in the same way. So yeah, two entirely different schools of thought. The former, is somewhat defensible, because of shared interests, the latter not so much. But for the record, I don’t like either version.
    My collegiate studies of Dante lead me to believe he revealed there was indeed a place for such folks. I believe it was rather cold, actually

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    It's FAR and away the places outside of the South. And that's due to ignorance. In Indiana a town of 500, is going to be 99% White, 1% Methhead. In Alabama, a town of 500, will be 60% White, 35% Black... and 5% Beauty Pageant Contestants.
    The Mama June types?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Cause of death was not proven beyond reasonable doubt. The "assault" was not proven beyond reasonable doubt. Depraved mind was not proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Manslaughter 2? Yes.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Three. Your side, my side and the truth
    Kinda, yeah. There are true things on each side, there are false things on each side. If we ignore the sides and take in those things that are true, and acknowledge those things that are false, at least to the extent we can know them, then we're on the side of truth. But people aren't on the side of truth. They're on the side of confirming their own beliefs.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not always. For example, when in college I spent most of my social time with the Catholic campus ministry (while being non-Catholic) just because it was a fun and pleasant group of people who saw the brighter side of life and didn't see denominational differences as battle lines.
    That's because the gloves don't come off until AFTER they convince you to join the cult

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Ok, it gets even worse. Apparently, in a different interview, Mr Mitchell said:

“I felt like it should have been 20 minutes,” Mitchell, 31, said of the deliberations, which led to Chauvin’s conviction April 20 on all counts: second-degree murder, third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

I would challenge you to read through the instructions, definitions and elements of the charges in 20 minutes, let alone give any thoughtful consideration to, you know, the actual law contained within...

This is a shame, because IMO the prosecution put on an excellent case.
    Cause of death was not proven beyond reasonable doubt. The "assault" was not proven beyond reasonable doubt. Depraved mind was not proven beyond reasonable doubt.

Manslaughter 2? Yes.
    I think somewhere between minutes 4 and 5, it became beyond a reasonable doubt, depraved indifference to human life... Murder 3.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    The answer was a dodge to the question I asked. If we're being honest.
    Person #1: "What do you want revealed at the trial?"
    Person #2: "The Truth"
    Person #1: I refuse to accept that response. Answer the question the way I want it answered. :tantrum:

Top Bottom