Found some sweet vintage WWII mags in wrapper!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    So in my travels around town lucked into the score of a lifetime! I was asked to help some people get rid of some old ammo and firearms related items from the home of a WWII veteran who was also on the Army pistol team way back in the day. In the bottom of the box were 10 WWII era 1911 mags most marked R, S and L and 1 unmarked which appears to be a Colt. Underneath those were the real prize though, three 1911 mags in there original sealed wax paper marked Ithaca. I'm under the impression Ithaca didn't make them only sold them to uncle Sam. I'm not a WWII collector but figure somebody out there is probably gonna want them. I have searched high and low with no luck trying to get a value on them. Anyone on here got an idea or seen them for sale like this? Thanks everyone for your help! I'll put a picture on here in a sec

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/album.php?albumid=5883&attachmentid=22010

Last edited:

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    So in my travels around town lucked into the score of a lifetime! I was asked to help some people get rid of some old ammo and firearms related items from the home of a WWII veteran who was also on the Army pistol team way back in the day. In the bottom of the box were 10 WWII era 1911 mags most marked R, S and L and 1 unmarked which appears to be a Colt. Underneath those were the real prize though, three 1911 mags in there original sealed wax paper marked Ithaca. I'm under the impression Ithaca didn't make them only sold them to uncle Sam. I'm not a WWII collector but figure somebody out there is probably gonna want them. I have searched high and low with no luck trying to get a value on them. Anyone on here got an idea or seen them for sale like this? Thanks everyone for your help! I'll put a picture on here in a sec

Photo 1 of 24 from guns

This should help you identify them.
    http://www.coolgunsite.com/pistols/Magazines.htm

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    I'll probably hold onto the colt and a couple of the used mags, any idea though what you would list the ones in the wrappers for? I've still not been able to find any like that, I don't want to get flamed if I put them in the classifieds. Again thanks for all your help

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I will join the chorus. If you don't feel the need to keep them, get what they are worth. If a random stranger palmed off a perfectly good $100 bill while shaking your hand, you wouldn't trade me even for a $5 just because you didn't have anything in it. Same goes here.

Top Bottom