• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    It could have been a lemon of a gun, but it stove piped and FTF at least 3 rounds every mag. Put a bad taste in my mouth.
    I have yet to have a FTF on my 1911.

Was it a completely stock gun? Were you the first owner?

Usually when you hear of a Glock having these kinds of issues, someone has been tinkering.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I shoot my 1911 better then my Glock. Heavier gun, better trigger, tighter tolerances. I have switched to carrying the 1911 when I can. It has been reliable. I have had 1 malfunction (not related to user error like seating a mag) in 1800 rounds.

My Glock has been 100% reliable over literally thousands of rounds. When the zombies come I will strap on the Glock and leave the 1911 in the safe. I did carry the Glock today. It has become my kick around grass mowing gun.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Since the zombie apocalypse is imminent, I've got a pile of Glocks I'll trade for your 1911. ;)

No thanks. I already traded off a Glock 35 and Sig P226 towards my 1911. Figured the zombie apocalypse won't happen until 2014 so I would try my hand at USPSA single stack this year. Maybe this winter I would be interested in trading back.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'd be interested in that. I'll send ya a PM.

I don't plan on doing matches or anything like that. Just saying I was extremely surprised on how much better I was able to shoot a 1911. It makes me want to buy one.

Never said I'd quit carrying my Glock. But, it does make me wish I was as accurate with my Glock like I was with that 1911.

If you are ever around ITP or USDS and want one to look over and dry fire I'm happy to oblige. I'm also PSS on a fairly regular basis on Saturday morning.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life Member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]Gunsite graduate[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Certified Glock armorer[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]NRA Certified pistol instructor[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]1911 Mechanic[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Find an accurate gun and it will become your constant companion. My most accurate gun is a Ruger police service six. I will never sell it, it is my go to gun in any situation.
    a032.jpg
    I'd really like to have one of those, however, I'm probably going to have to get a gp100 because I can't find one like this.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I have always found that my american made steel 1911 was WAY more reliable than the plastic piece of junk (Glock) i once had.

1911 or go home
    Revolvers are they way to go because of their reliability. Everyone knows this. It has to be true, I read it on the Internet.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Glocks, are a fine gun, reasonably accurate and reliable. The biggest difference when going with a 1911 is that, while capable of being just as reliable, and accurate, they look good doing their thing.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I'd be interested in that. I'll send ya a PM.

Let me know what you end up having done. I've been shooting so much Appleseed shooting lately and all my rifles have had trigger work on them, that my Glock feels heavy and awkward now. So much so that I've developed a terrible flinch. I don't want something too light since it is my EDC but want to know what you have done to yours and how you like it afterwards.

Top Bottom