• Status
    Not open for further replies.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Wow. Equal enforcement is good.

That's probably the smartest idea of all.

However, it's very disappointing that God will still be banned from this site. Since equal enforcement is now a main focus, that should mean all threads asking for prayers, and all threads pertaining to terrorism and Islam will not be allowed... correct?

Corrected the second to last word.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The GP forum is not going away. Fenway wants it, so it's staying. That said, we will aggressively pursue trolls. If you can't contribute positively to any particular thread in the GP forum, then you shouldn't post in it. If you disagree with another member, that's fine, as long as you're civil and not insulting. That goes for the people who don't like the members who post tinfoil, as well. As stated above, if we think you're trolling, you'll get a public notice. If you continue, you're gone. It will not be a surprise to you.

That said, Fenway has occasionally tried to steer INGO away from certain types of threads in the GP forum. At some point, he may decide to post a notice saying "Look, I don't want this type of thread on my board. Knock it off." That's his prerogative. That is not part of this new policy, however, and so those threads (and posters) will be treated like any other thread anywhere else on the board. We're trying our best to be as even-handed as possible, but there's no possible way that we can cover every single contingency. As I said previously, we MUST be allowed some leeway to use our judgment, otherwise (as Tyler said), no one will be allowed to joke with each other anymore.

Agreed, Fenway's board, Fenway's rules. I just don't want to see him shut down certain topics because some want to crank up the heat and make them so. That is exactly how religion was banned and it has been discussed previously to shut down General Politics before because of this reason. I don't want to see the whole subforum burnt down because a few can't handle the opinions of other posters.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne

However, it's very disappointing that God will still be banned from this site. Since equal enforcement is now a main focus, that should mean all threads asking for prayers, and all threads pertaining to terrorism and Islam will not be allow... correct?

Do you consider terrorism a religion? :dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

However, it's very disappointing that God will still be banned from this site. Since equal enforcement is now a main focus, that should mean all threads asking for prayers, and all threads pertaining to terrorism and Islam will not be allow... correct?

If topic 1A is banned, but 1B, C, AND D, aren't, what is gained by calling for the ban of B, C, and D? What do you stand to gain on 1A by banning B, C, and D? That's almost like saying "Everyone else is doing it to" when caught.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    so if someone only comes to INGO to complain about the lack of religion and vows not to come back until it's rectified but repeats this circle time and time again, is that considered trolling or trollish behavior?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Equal representation and all but I would give a "little" leeway on this to a new forum member.

Guys that have been around for awhile know better or should where the lines lie.

Guys that signed up last week who might not have read the FAQ's :eek: might be given a friendly heads up once or twice.
    :ingo:

The (potential) new policies sound good. :yesway:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Equal representation and all but I would give a "little" leeway on this to a new forum member.

Guys that have been around for awhile know better or should where the lines lie.

Guys that signed up last week who might not have read the FAQ's :eek: might be given a friendly heads up once or twice.
    :ingo:

Again, we ask that you give us the benefit of the doubt that we're not going to run off a new member for a technical error. That said, we also ask that the membership stop doing it as well. Neg-repping a new member into oblivion for post-whoring his way to 50 posts, or starting a new thread to mock the new member is a common sport here. Simply report it and then please let us deal with it.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Yeah, just repeating for clarification.
    I know that won't be the case for the noobs.

My post was aimed more at the guys that should know better.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a stupid rule. Considering some of MY money has gone to paying the bills on THIS site, I think I have a right to voice my opinions and suggestions here. If you guys don't like that, there's always the ignore feature. Otherwise, quit complaining like children.

I never said I wasn't coming back. I've been patiently waiting, without complaint mind you, for a decision on what the staff planned to do with our suggestions. However, you don't see me doing any posting other than in this thread or the classifieds deals I did this week. I've stuck around this long in hopes that the staff would reconsider their decision to ban God. As it seems, that is not the case. And if prayer threads (which are very much religious in nature) and discussion of islamic terrorists are going to be allowed, but any other discussion or posts which contain religious overtones or references to scripture are not allowed, then it just shows that hypocrisy is still rampant and nothing will change. However, this is Fenway's site and he's free to do as he pleases.

For the record, I don't have any agenda here. None. Was I trying to re-allow discussion of God on this forum? Sure. It's not my fault a bunch of thin-skinned members don't know how to ignore subjects which offend them. If you don't like the politics and religion subjects, stay away from them. It's pretty simple actually. Instead, people had to whine like children until something got banned.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of a stupid rule. Considering some of MY money has gone to paying the bills on THIS site, I think I have a right to voice my opinions and suggestions here. If you guys don't like that, there's always the ignore feature. Otherwise, quit complaining like children.

I never said I wasn't coming back. I've been patiently waiting, without complaint mind you, for a decision on what the staff planned to do with our suggestions. However, you don't see me doing any posting other than in this thread or the classifieds deals I did this week. I've stuck around this long in hopes that the staff would reconsider their decision to ban God. As it seems, that is not the case. And if prayer threads (which are very much religious in nature) and discussion of islamic terrorists are going to be allowed, but any other discussion or posts which contain religious overtones or references to scripture are not allowed, then it just shows that hypocrisy is still rampant and nothing will change. However, this is Fenway's site and he's free to do as he pleases.

For the record, I don't have any agenda here. None. Was I trying to re-allow discussion of God on this forum? Sure. It's not my fault a bunch of thin-skinned members don't know how to ignore subjects which offend them. If you don't like the politics and religion subjects, stay away from them. It's pretty simple actually. Instead, people had to whine like children until something got banned.

Fenway said religion is not coming back. You've voiced your opinion and you've gotten a response. So much so, in fact, that at this point continuing to complain about it -- from this point -- will be considered trolling.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

I see that Que has already posted what I began. I'll echo his words and expand upon them slightly:

Ryan:

Fenway made his position very clear. Religion as a topic of discussion will not be returning to INGO. Let's be very clear on this.

Even if we had the power to do so, INGO's administrator and moderator staff have not banned God. As it happens, most of us hold very strong religious beliefs, but a pious person believes that God is everywhere. Just because you're not talking about Him doesn't mean He's not here.
    You, as one of the site's thousands of members, many of whom, like the mod and administrative staff, hold strong religious beliefs, got told you weren't allowed to talk about something (religion, which is of man, not Deity) and now, while you are not one, just like a little child, suddenly you find that that's the most important thing in the world to you to talk about... that and your edit button.

Again, let's be clear: You've made your point and leveled your various ultimatums. We all understand what you want. Continuing to prattle on about it after the final decision has been made and made known is and will be treated as trolling.

Thanks for your attention to these reminders.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    SE, you know I like you and would like to see you posting here again, but you said that on top of Religion needing to be brought back, two mods would have to resign for you to come back.

Since there has been zero talk about whatever two mods you are talking about resigning, we can only assume you are just here to complain.

I don't completely know what all of the motives were when they removed Religion, but you have to admit that prayer threads cause ZERO controversy and certain other Religious threads cause a TON. You can call it hypocrisy, but I'd chalk it up to headache alleviation on the mods part...I'm not happy they removed it either, but honestly it didn't even affect me when they did, because I had already been steering clear of those threads for a long time. It sure seemed like nothing positive ever amounted out of them.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    SE, you know I like you and would like to see you posting here again, but you said that on top of Religion needing to be brought back, two mods would have to resign for you to come back.

Since there has been zero talk about whatever two mods you are talking about resigning, we can only assume you are just here to complain.

I don't completely know what all of the motives were when they removed Religion, but you have to admit that prayer threads cause ZERO controversy and certain other Religious threads cause a TON. You can call it hypocrisy, but I'd chalk it up to headache alleviation on the mods part...I'm not happy they removed it either, but honestly it didn't even affect me when they did, because I had already been steering clear of those threads for a long time. It sure seemed like nothing positive ever amounted out of them.

Aren't you getting tired from jumping back and forth over the fence between stoking the fires of upheaval and kissing the mods/admins cheeks?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Fenway said religion is not coming back. You've voiced your opinion and you've gotten a response. So much so, in fact, that at this point continuing to complain about it -- from this point -- will be considered trolling.

I see that Que has already posted what I began. I'll echo his words and expand upon them slightly:

Ryan:

Fenway made his position very clear. Religion as a topic of discussion will not be returning to INGO. Let's be very clear on this.

Even if we had the power to do so, INGO's administrator and moderator staff have not banned God. As it happens, most of us hold very strong religious beliefs, but a pious person believes that God is everywhere. Just because you're not talking about Him doesn't mean He's not here.
    You, as one of the site's thousands of members, many of whom, like the mod and administrative staff, hold strong religious beliefs, got told you weren't allowed to talk about something (religion, which is of man, not Deity) and now, while you are not one, just like a little child, suddenly you find that that's the most important thing in the world to you to talk about... that and your edit button.

Again, let's be clear: You've made your point and leveled your various ultimatums. We all understand what you want. Continuing to prattle on about it after the final decision has been made and made known is and will be treated as trolling.

Thanks for your attention to these reminders.
    If I understood Scutter's post correctly then.........

The line in the sand has been officially drawn by both Que and BOA from that point forward any and all post go to the religious question should be considered TROLLING and the poster should be handled as such am I correct in this? It would seem there was at least one more post meant to do nothing but continue the religious topic in this thread just my :twocents: maybe you guys don't see it that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom