• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Let me rephrase. Yes EVERYONE is suspect. But if you walk into the mall more focused on the mall cop than the rest of the mall, you're doing it wrong.

This thread will have many mall goers direct their attention to the mall cops, and possibly miss other dangers because they are too focused on one potential threat instead of a complete awareness of all threats.

aw i see i misunderstood your post, my apologies

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    I have been watching this thread knowing that there had to be more to this story then was originally told. I believe the OP relayed the story as it was told to him, but many things did not seem right to me. I finally got a chance to talk to one of the security guards today, and I know that the majority of this story is B.S. I was not there so I will not post another 3rd party account. What I do know is, I have known the person I talked to from the day he was born and trust his word completely. I know for a fact that the guard that I talked to was taught safe gun handling and how to clear any gun regardless of action type at a very young age. I do not believe the flagging part.
    He was able to identify the make and model of firearm, and I know for a fact that he is very familiar with this gun. He would need no instruction on how to clear the gun, or even to field strip it for that matter. That they needed instruction on how to clear the firearm is more B.S. I believe what few facts that there might be in this story are so twisted in favor of the original story tellers favor that they are not even worth listening to. This whole thing is not worth anybody on INGOs time let alone any kind of demonstration.

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I have been watching this thread knowing that there had to be more to this story then was originally told. I believe the OP relayed the story as it was told to him, but many things did not seem right to me. I finally got a chance to talk to one of the security guards today, and I know that the majority of this story is B.S. I was not there so I will not post another 3rd party account. What I do know is, I have known the person I talked to from the day he was born and trust his word completely. I know for a fact that the guard that I talked to was taught safe gun handling and how to clear any gun regardless of action type at a very young age. I do not believe the flagging part.
    He was able to identify the make and model of firearm, and I know for a fact that he is very familiar with this gun. He would need no instruction on how to clear the gun, or even to field strip it for that matter. That they needed instruction on how to clear the firearm is more B.S. I believe what few facts that there might be in this story are so twisted in favor of the original story tellers favor that they are not even worth listening to. This whole thing is not worth anybody on INGOs time let alone any kind of demonstration.

That part wasn't the alarming part. It was the take him into the ally forcibly and disarm him for no reason part. Do you have any insight on that?

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield

it was you wasn't it? :):

Last edited:

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I finally got a chance to talk to one of the security guards today

Even being the opener for this I could care less about the followup if the whole thing was bogus. But, the one questions I was kicking myself for not asking was whether he had his sidearm returned to him?

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    Having been around Kboom more than a couple times, I'm quite certain he'd know better than to ever grab at a gun on someone's person.
    If, that is indeed what happened. Guess we don't know for sure that it did.

im sorry my post shoulda been in purple, i thought the laughing smiley would imply the sarcasm well enough

tricky9914

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2012
    The funny thing is that mall cops arent even allowed to carry firearms... I would be afraid to let them handle one of mine - especially if it was armed and on my hip...

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    The gun owner should have mind his surroundings. Unless the man is a police officer with authentic ID on him, I am not letting someone get me, let alone a mall cop. I will fight and call the cops on the guy.

Not let the police get involve my as. ****ing rental cops

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I'm still not clear on how mall security knew the guy had a gun. As the OP related the story, the guy was "concealed carrying" in Sears. Then when the mall security braced him, they asked him if he had a gun. So I guess he wasn't open carrying?

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    So, how "should" you respond if something like this happens? Seems the consensus is that stabbing or shooting the security guard isn't a good idea... but if a group of guards grabs you and takes you to an out of the way entrance, what's a reasonable response?
    F_200601_january04ed_99630a.jpg

Checkfoo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm still not clear on how mall security knew the guy had a gun. As the OP related the story, the guy was "concealed carrying" in Sears. Then when the mall security braced him, they asked him if he had a gun. So I guess he wasn't open carrying?

Blackhawk paddle holsters leave a pretty good size print, even with a baggy shirt.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I CC there all the time. The sign states "No illegal firearms". So, for anyone who is a lawyer out there, what the hell does that mean? I just enter through a place where they do not have the stupid sign. I only go there if I am dragged there by my wife...I hate that overpriced place anyway.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That part wasn't the alarming part. It was the take him into the ally forcibly and disarm him for no reason part. Do you have any insight on that?
    That's what I'm curious to find out. Does the security guard acknowledge the incident took place and if so does he state the subject was physically removed and disarmed?

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    I have only ever seen one.

This ^.

Here's the ONLY one I've ever seen, at the main entrance that faces Coliseum Blvd...

Glenbrook002.jpg

The very last thing in "Examples" says "No firearms or illegal weapons"

Can someone please define "excessive loitering"? I've seen mall employees and security breaking this one all the time. I'll ask them to leave next time I witness this crime in progress.

Top Bottom