• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I heard a "reporter" (<---using that term loosely) interviewing some people about it on the radio a short while back. They were really trying to ramp up public fear... the person being interviewed was kind of ambivalent about it, but the reporter was saying stuff like, "So, does it make you afraid to ride the bus KNOWING that any person on there could have a GUN? How do you feel knowing you could be sitting THAT CLOSE to a gun?? :runaway: "

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    HUH?!

What did he just say?

"Fred Lanahan, Citilink board president, said he hopes the new law won’t lead to any problems, but he does believe it goes too far.
    “I don’t see there’s any need to allow guns with or without permit on public transportation,” he said."

Without a permit? That's a crime you goofball! He can't see any distinction between law abiding citizens with a LTCH and a criminal. Who put this braniac in charge?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    What did he just say?

"Fred Lanahan, Citilink board president, said he hopes the new law won’t lead to any problems, but he does believe it goes too far.
    “I don’t see there’s any need to allow guns with or without permit on public transportation,” he said."

Without a permit? That's a crime you goofball! He can't see any distinction between law abiding citizens with a LTCH and a criminal. Who put this braniac in charge?
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    I'm sure he must have meant people carrying long guns. :D

j/k

lon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Top, Dead Center
    ...I thought it was "funny" that the guy said the restriction was being lifted on the "down low" because they didn't really want everyone to know they could now carry on the bus. :rolleyes:

Right, that one caught my eye too.

"Housden admitted concern of even talking about the new law because he didn’t want to broadcast the fact people would be allowed to carry guns on public transportation."

What a chickensh!t way to go through life...typical grabber mentality:tantrum:

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    If ignorance is bliss .....

this idiot is in seventh heaven. I wonder if they realize how close they come to a firearm every day. There are a lot of CC people in Fort Wayne. I had the satisfaction of standing next to and speaking with Paul Helmke while CCing. If he only knew. "A free people ought to be armed" as a wise man once said.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    this idiot is in seventh heaven. I wonder if they realize how close they come to a firearm every day. There are a lot of CC people in Fort Wayne. I had the satisfaction of standing next to and speaking with Paul Helmke while CCing. If he only knew. "A free people ought to be armed" as a wise man once said.
    :+1::+1::+1:

andreb89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    fort wayne
    Sorry to bring up an old post but me and a few co-workers have been looking into laws and the 2nd amendment....while I do not wish to deny anyone their 2nd amendment rights I think this is bull**** "The proposed policy would ban Citilink drivers and employees from carrying any weapons while on duty. Lanahan said there was no consideration to allow drivers to carry guns now that passengers can. He said he hopes the state legislature would reconsider the law next year."......how stupid the time I feel most at risk I cant have my firearm or even a pocket knofe in fear for my job! Btw I do have a ltch and I do carry all but 8 hrs of the day!!!

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne

andreb89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    fort wayne
    That would be fine by me assuming drivers could aswell.....its funny that they changed rules to be compliant with laws but says mandatory concealed carry.....no where on my pink piece of paper does it say how to carry!

harrna02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    columbia city
    Mandatory concealed carry? So everyone must carry in order to ride the bus?
    i actually heard this on wowo. all i could think was that this guy has absolutely no clue what he was talking about. a lot of people can deal with being exposed when having no clue when talking about a subject. really bad when it is so obvious and broadcasted!

harrna02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    columbia city
    thats the great thing about cc. i carry for protection. if people see it, they will get worked up. or me, it is there if i need it and nobody knows until they learn they picked the wrong person to rob/threaten etc..

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    thats the great thing about cc. i carry for protection. if people see it, they will get worked up. or me, it is there if i need it and nobody knows until they learn they picked the wrong person to rob/threaten etc..

Or the criminal(s) got the drop on you and you are dead. The criminal has the element of surprise, not you. Think.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

harrna02

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2014
    columbia city
    Please clarify the try harder. Are you just saying that my argument is not strong. If so, I understand that the open carry argument can be pretty strong for both sides (open carry vs CC). I was simply stating my perspective that I would prefer no one knowing that I am carrying. SteveM4A1 has very valid point that the criminal has the element of surprise. I do not dispute this. But if I am CC'ing, there is an element of surprise on my end as they do not know that I am carrying. I am not saying that CC is better or more preferred by all, just that it is what I prefer. I have nothing against someone who chooses to open carry. IT is there right and has numerous benefits.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Please clarify the try harder. Are you just saying that my argument is not strong. If so, I understand that the open carry argument can be pretty strong for both sides (open carry vs CC). I was simply stating my perspective that I would prefer no one knowing that I am carrying. SteveM4A1 has very valid point that the criminal has the element of surprise. I do not dispute this. But if I am CC'ing, there is an element of surprise on my end as they do not know that I am carrying. I am not saying that CC is better or more preferred by all, just that it is what I prefer. I have nothing against someone who chooses to open carry. IT is there right and has numerous benefits.

There are advantages to both concealed and open carry. Neither has any major disadvantage that would cause me to recommend it not be practiced. I think this is a choice everyone should make for themselves and others should respect that decision. Personally I have chosen concealed carry. I'll list a few of my reasons:

1) I don't want to have to actively avoid places that don't appreciate guns. This means if I open carried I would have to disarm, cover up, or avoid the location. Disarming is not ideal at all. Covering up means you have to practice two methods of carry. Avoiding all the locations will make life difficult. I see always concealed as the perfect solution here.

2) I personally don't want others to know I carry. Why? Well, I just don't. Personal preference.

3) I do not like to draw attention to myself in any way. I'm kind of a shy person and I prefer not to draw attention. I know most people wont care if I did open carry.

4) Do not want confrontation with police. One of Indiana's worst laws on the books is the requirement for you to prove you are exempt from the laws making carrying illegal. This law basically, from my understanding, makes it possible for an officer to stop you if they see you open carrying and detain you until they determine, based on your responsibility to prove, that you are legally carrying.

5) The dreaded mistake. If I make a mistake and wander somewhere that I legally can't carry a weapon it is very unlikely I will be "outed" if I'm concealing. If I'm open carrying I'm basically waving a flag saying "arrest me". Now, I know the laws pretty well and I'm sure most open carriers know them even better and would say this is a moot point. However, we are all humans and make mistakes. How many times have you completely forgot about your sidearm because you are so use to it? Or, are you 100% where the property lines are for a school or other off limits place? Are you even 100% sure a property is not owned or used by a school or other entity making it illegal? Not saying you should not open carry because of this but I think it should be a consideration.

Last edited:

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Clarification: Read the link.

Top Bottom