• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Like us on Facebook for updates on sale items for this Saturday. Hope to have a good turnout. XDs, Shields, and the KSG should bring some folks in.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Scott, as we discussed upthread, I came into your store today after a couple years of boycotting. (lol) I was very pleased with my experience, and it appears that the problem people are gone. :+1:

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    OK, that was a huge success. Many thanks to all who came out or passed the word about the sale. We really appreciate it.
    Scott

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    All I can say is WOW. I hope you haven't been brewing on this for that long. I have to point out to all following this that your post is being brought up from a complaint in January of 2010. That's 30 months! 2 1/2 YEARS AGO! Let it go already. I usually address every complaint personally, and attempt to resolve the problem, but this is absurd. Have you nothing better to do? If anyone cares to look, they will see that I have had dozens of positive comments in recent months. I know that any reply by me will bring down a whole load of people who will say you have the right to say what you want, when you want, and some will replay their experience. I agree, every is entitled to their opinions. I'm just trying to defend a new attack from someone who is showing everyone just how bitter they are and that they have nothing better to do that drag up dirt from years gone by.
    If I have never issued MACHINEGUN a public written apology, here it is, genuine and unconditional. I'm sorry you had bad customer service and a bad experience/s. I hope that you can now let go of the grudge you have been holding onto for so long. I don't expect you will come in now and be my best buddy, but just know, you are welcome to come in and talk to me anytime.
    Also, I never really put my finger on the employee in question, as 3 people could have been the culprit. Two have since left, and the third has learned a lot and come a long way. We will never be perfect and can't make everyone happy. Unfortunately, some people do come in with a chip on their shoulder. Unfortunately, we make mistakes and have bad days. I guess that's just how it is in this business.
    Thank you all who have taken time to read this. Thank you to all who have given advice, criticism, and positive comments. These things all help to make a better business. Thank you to all of my supporters, customers, and INGOers, I couldn't continue in this venture without you.

Scott

Nice attitude Scott.. real nice attitude!

I didn't say anything about a complaint I made, I said something about your ignorant employee who is killing business for you.

I could care less though, it isn't my money running out the door... it's yours.

:D

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    i've been in there a couple of times and encountered the same crotchety guy

This is what I commented about.. not my complaint about him in person, I just seen this whenever I first posted on this thread.

I haven't been brewing anything for 2 and a half years.. I just quit coming to your shop because of attitudes like his (your employee) and now definitely yours.

rnmcguire

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    Good Shop

I stopped in today to look around and picked up a box of ammo. Their ammo is priced better than anyone around I think. I also noticed some pretty good prices on firearms. I'll be back for sure.:yesway:

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Indy 1500 this weekend at the State Fairgrounds. We will be closed Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Come see us there!

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    We will be closed for Thanksgiving (of course) AND Friday, the 23rd. I know, Black Friday is the biggest retail day of the year. However, other than dad, the other employees are in public safety and spend enough holidays away from their loved ones. We have been very blessed (and busy) this year and need a couple days to focus on our families.

Lisa and I would also like to thank our customers, we appreciate everyone's support and business. After the big retailer door busters are over and your turkey is all gone, come see us when we reopen on Saturday, the 24th.
    While I'm thanking people, I want to recognize my employees. Like minded and honest, they help me out more than they know. Thank you (in no particular order)
    Dad, James, Dustin, Chase, Dominic, Nick, Phil and Terrie, Rick, and occasionally, Steve, Don, Matt, and Leroy.
    Have a safe weekend and Happy Thanksgiving from Fort Liberty Firearms!

Scott

Seabass

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 14, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I'm new to INGO but I wanted to take a moment and compliment Fort Liberty Guns. Last summer at the 1500 my buddy and I were in search of guns that were unobtainable at that time. I was searching for an XDS and he was looking for a Nano or Shield 9mm. Not surprisingly we were striking out with every vendor. Midwest had an XDS, they were asking $50 over MSRP, but given the rarity that was probably a fair price.

As I wandered around contemplating paying their asking price, my buddy and I stumbled across Fort Liberty Guns, lo and behold they had both a Nano and the XDS! On top of that they were both marked slightly under MSRP. And if that doesn't beat all, Scott knocked off another $20 with stipulation that we both purchase the guns we were looking for.

Scott's wife (who's cute) was awesome to deal with during the FBI check, too. If they weren't two hours away from me, I'd be a monthly buyer from them.

Fort Liberty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Once again, we will not be attending the upcoming Indy 1500 at the State Fairgrounds. We will be open at the shop regular hours and closed Sunday. We will also be closed on Memorial Day, May 27th. Thanks

sigpro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 2, 2012
    Avon
    Was just in Fort Liberty and they had a quite a few Glock 17, 19, 22,23,and 27s in stock. Gen3 for 479 and gen4 for 529...looks like things are getting back to normal. Good price too

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    Danville
    I am not sure if the previous comments are geared toward the same person that I am about to mention...but if it IS, then it makes me feel better knowing that it wasn't JUST ME thinking that this particular person was rude.

Living in Avon area, I have stopped into Liberty several times since it is so close. Most times I go in and the shelves are bare...more recently that has changed though. It is a newer store though, so it doesn't surprise me when I see a low inventory there.

I once tried to do a trade on an Smith & Wesson AR-15 with many upgrades and some fat ("heavy-set" is the nicer description) and gray long bearded employee wouldn't even trade a $500 Glock OUTRIGHT. He then told me that he could not even give me $400 for it since the AR craze is "now over." This was around the very beginning of March 2013. So I walked out annoyed with their pathetic offer. When I walked out of the store I ran into one of my Dad's old friends and I started talking to him and showing him the AR that I tried to sell in the store. This same gray bearded employee ran out through the doors and said to the man I was talking to, "IS HE TRYING TO SELL THIS GUN TO YOU!?" Then his screaming was directed at me, "GUN SALES ON OUR PROPERTY IS NOT TOLERATED. GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE BEFORE I HAVE TO KICK YOUR ASS OUT!" I was like, WOW, I was talking to someone I know...but Okay bud. Also...this wasn't my only bad dealing with this employee...but this was the worst. The other times were before this happened and just him speaking to me like I was dirt on the bottom of a shoe and like I didn't know a thing about guns.

SO, I took that EXACT SAME S&W AR-15 into Plainfield Shooting Supplies recently (very end of May 2013...obviously after all the AR craziness) and spoke directly with Bob. I traded it for a $595 Glock, $150 cash, 2 - 50 Round boxes of regular ball 9mm ammo, and also a 25 round box of 9mm hollowpoints. That AR sat on their shelf for less than 2 hours...sold that same day. Clearly there was still enough room for profit, while still being priced low enough that someone would buy it so quickly.

I just won't go back into Fort Liberty....which is fine...I'm not saddened by this at all. Especially when there are several other much better shops to go to. (Plainfield Shooting Supplies, Indy Trading Post, Premier Arms)

Top Bottom