• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    Pretty sure anything 1996 or older is a non emission tested vehicle. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me!
    you must be in the region right? The rest of us don't have to worry about emissions testing. When I may or may not have been driving my 87 suburban out smashing drifts I left my phone at home. For those of you that sit to pee I have a shovel, chain and clothes that keep me warm.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Get a dozen extra hall effect switches for the ignition and a dozen door hinge pin bushings and you can keep that old fish bowl car running forever. For as funny of looking as the Pacer is, it is a very easy car to live with on a day to day basis. Kind of like an ugly woman who turns out to be a great wife.
    I loved mine! I think the door bushings was a problem a lot of the older cars had , because of how much the weight of the doors was back then. But you had no problem seeing what was around you! What a view!

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Not only the GPS equipped OnStar or whatever Ford calls their version, car manufacturers also equip their vehicles with their version of "black boxes". It's been discussed on this forum before and I have a friend that worked for Delco years ago, on this technology, before most people knew it was available.

If you think you are impervious to monitoring while you walk around with any wifi/cell equipped device, don't be so sure. :tinfoil: I'm not saying every device monitoring you, but the means are there to do so if "somebody" wanted to.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    Not only the GPS equipped OnStar or whatever Ford calls their version, car manufacturers also equip their vehicles with their version of "black boxes". It's been discussed on this forum before and I have a friend that worked for Delco years ago, on this technology, before most people knew it was available.

If you think you are impervious to monitoring while you walk around with any wifi/cell equipped device, don't be so sure. :tinfoil: I'm not saying every device monitoring you, but the means are there to do so if "somebody" wanted to.
    This thread is starting to sound like a scary Halloween story!:runaway::nailbite:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    On a road trip a while back something interesting happened to my GPS. It suddenly showed I had been traveling at an average speed of over 8,000 mph and I had covered around 41,000 miles since I filled my gas tank.

My truck is a Ford, so obviously I really was going that fast.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    On a road trip a while back something interesting happened to my GPS. It suddenly showed I had been traveling at an average speed of over 8,000 mph and I had covered around 41,000 miles since I filled my gas tank.

No. No. No. The matrix was disturbed. You're probably lucky to be alive.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus

If you get a ticket for going 8,000mph in a 30mph zone, you'll know something's fishy. :shady:

The Keymaster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Manistee County, MI
    If you think Ford is the only company doing this, think again. Any car with built in navigation is a target. Navigation information is stored in the unit, and can be downloaded. As technology progresses it can and will be done remotely without our knowledge. If you want a GPS, add an aftermarket.

GunnerDan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clark County Indiana
    That was the thing that blew my mind, I brought in my GPS to do a map and software update, and my iMac downloaded all this data from my GPS, everywhere I had been, my speed, everything and I was surprised at how fast I drive sometimes... :-O

Phones, GPS's, OnStar, all this crap we cant even sneak away for a spell. The nice thing though is if I am hurt while out hunting at least they can get a general area of where I am if they find my phone in the car, and I am in a location where it can get a signal.

Gunner

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

Sounds like the signal didn't get bounced to the right satellite in time and factored the rotation of the Earth into your groundspeed. That or you need to let us in on the warp technology your alien race has already perfected. :):

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Pretty sure anything 1996 or older is a non emission tested vehicle. If I'm wrong, someone will correct me!

Tested, maybe depending on location, but tampering with emission equipment is a crime if it originally came with it. Of course, the number of cars that have had the EGR/air pump removed are probably in the bazillions, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Catalytic converters started making an appearance in 1975 model years. I haven't messed with restorations for a looong time, but IIRC emissions systems started to be mandatory in cars in 1972 and in light trucks in 1979 (model year, not calendar year).

Top Bottom